Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Bif I expect more from you where are your reads

Reads are like farts, if you have to force it, it's probably crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

I was moving AN up my list, but the recent posts feel more town, AN seems like they are having fun

Bif was pinging me a bit there, but I think she’s in casual town bif mode the more I see

Now see, when you relax and presume everyone is town in good faith, this allows only the most egregiously false-sounding things to trigger your alarms.

If in fact ANarc is town, which I still doubt, I don't see how Hal can see what he claims to see so he might just know their alignment already.

##vote Hal

Plus a townread on me this early is never a good sign either

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

:thunk:

Bif, I know life imitates art, but what's the difference between you and ANarc right now?

Prolly alignment

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

I really don’t understand why you guys aren’t voting keane. His wologar case was one of the most flimsy cases I’ve ever seen. Wologar was posting normal reads like anyone else and keane kept trying to gotcha him over nothing. Keane called hal scum during jokephase, said he would vote him, eventually did vote after I asked him why he wasn’t, and then immediately went after wologar. Keane needs to be the vote today and if he is scum, hal is almost certainly scum.

If you're that certain about Keane and that chain link, why not go for Hal first, that post of his was dodgy. Seriously you can reread AN's whole postcount in literally one minute, tell me what Hal's on about with "appreciating her joking around" or whatever.

He was either defending AN as a scumbud or whiteknighting a town AN for reasons that make no sense.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I'm reading Maerlyn as town cause while I was just chilling out, she was starting up the exact same kind of slapfight with Yami that she normally gets into with me instead.

But I don't think Keane is a good alternative to her at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

b- is, once again, doing his thing where he accuses me of being scum and just says that a lot and hopes people will listen, which is of course absolutely brilliant thanks to the illusionary truth effect.

That said, please look at this as well - b- accuses me of not interacting with him despite calling me scum, and then accuses me of OMGUSing wologar, saying that I only interacted because he called me scum. I can't win with b-.

Right ok but are you calling this dumb or scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Anyway, 4 hours to spare so!

I'm a psychic frog and I can message people. I messaged Wologar, bif, and Maerlyn today.

I used my power only for mischief and tomfoolery. During the night, I can used them for scum hunting, but, you know, it's funny to trick wologar into posting a poem and bif into making fart jokes.

Huh, so did Maerlyn not listen to the fun message, or did she get a more serious one

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all, I'm really annoyed that the one time I literally sleep through deadline y'all apparently decided to only then go along with voting ANarc, and not Hal who I'd left my vote on.

I'm down for trying again on ANarc today but I still think Hal's false-sounding defense is more actively scummy than AN's more generally lurky play. And it could have possibly been white knighting a town AN rather than defending a scumbro.

##vote Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

Keane being self-aligned (lol that he rolled survivor again) is as good as a town flip when it comes to the info it gives us on scum. I have a feeling binus was killed partially to frame Hal (or potentially even Wind),

What? Binus was active and wordy as hell, he prolly just got killed for everyone thinking he was town. Also he was super wrong on Keane, who I'm still mad is dead after his fun antics, so I doubt anyone cares what his reads are

This is a big stretch for a justification, Salad is now third on the list

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cloacamazing! posted:

I am very disappointed that after all of wol's talk, nobody with the lowest post count exploded.

Hard same lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WindwardAway posted:

Which Hal post(s) are you referring to?

This one here.

Hal Insandenza posted:

I mean I don’t have any strong scum reads at this point, but salad scooper is still on the list

I was moving AN up my list, but the recent posts feel more town, AN seems like they are having fun

Schwinn is shitposting pretty hard, could be scum for sure

Bif was pinging me a bit there, but I think she’s in casual town bif mode the more I see

There are a group of people I have no thoughts on yet, like Maer and cloaca that I need to think about

And after I called Hal out he followed it up with this.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sorry I was just continuing the joke

If I have to be more serious, I didn’t like ANarcs early binus vote and the bit about if people think they are town then they are scum and vice versa. But the later unvote and reconsideration I liked, and I like their loose joking attitude. I don’t see why bif would find that impossible to believe but that’s bif for you

Just look over ANarcs whole post history, AN had barely been around too so I have no idea what would give Hal any sort of read at all, let alone "seems like they are having fun"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

This is also possible. Bif what are your thoughts on my thoughts on wolo's behavior EoD?

I'll have to reread the end of day first, when I caught up I was more caught up on the fact that Keane got lunched and being mad and might've missed wolo doing anything weird

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

I officially retract that framing, it makes zero sense and I have no idea what i was thinking 30 minutes ago when I wrote it

Lol k between this and the claim Salads back off the list

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

so does keane's death herald the end of bif's fartposting

Yeah, I already wasn't sure if I could keep it up past D1. He really wrote a fun message to humor my request for voluntary alignment change, though. It was framed as a new wincon to post 3 fart jokes or puns per game day.

Toalpaz posted:

wow pretend i quoted exactly this but came to the exact opposite conclusion, i think this looks incredibly bad

I'm also confused at Salad's conclusions here, yeah. Again. I want to believe he's town for that claim and that shameless "retraction" that just feels too fun to be scum but I'm keeping an eye on him.

Since this is from a while back I better explain more how I disagree, but wait till I get this post down first so I can follow my own link here

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I agree with this. Esp clo and plastic.

For Clo, they said "seems like a better case" but there was no actual case made against me at that time. Seems like scum trying to justify flipping their vote

Ok I agree with this reasoning here on Cloaca. AN still isn't flipped but calling it "a better case" makes little sense to me. I made a brief D1-level argument for why I thought AN was the best vote at one point, but it really didn't have much to it and no one else had much to add beyond vague "yeah I guess" kinda vibes about AN. My point I'd made about Hal was way better, and if anyone thought I had a point on AN before, the Hal case really flowed on from observing AN and could still allow for looking at AN next.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DIBS ON THE TACO

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So here's the Salad post Toal was griping about (and I also didn't think made much sense)

saladscooper posted:

Just skimmed the end of the day again, I think the scummiest looking people in that whole mess are wolo, Cloaca, and Plastic. Notably, Cloaca and Plastic show up for the swerve onto Anarc but don't swerve back onto Keane.

I don't really follow why swerving to ANarc but not Keane is supposed to indicate anything about anybody. Like if ANarc is scum, then that would be hella town to stay put! But if not, then it didn't really matter to scum whether AN or Keane got lunched.

But I do agree with Cloaca being scummy. Just for the justification given though, rather than any swerve activity.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Ha, well I just read salads cloaca case and I like the work there, perhaps I was wrong

Hal agreeing here is a bit worrying though. I'm prolly gonna have a hard time paying attention to anything else until Hal dies.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

(I often self-consciously do not have an explanation for my actions, or play based on vibes, whereas binus literally won't even acknowledge questions directed at him asking him to explain his reads. I suppose this might be six of one/half a dozen of the other to you, but I consider it qualitatively different)

Just wanna say I totally get you here and agree with your self assessment

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

I am keeping the thought in my head that the longer the game goes and bif is alive, the more likely it is that bif is scum.

wologar posted:

The same is true for Yami (now Wind).

wologar posted:

And Hal. That may be a terrible metric this game, tbh.

Heh well can we go in reverse order here at least

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

I know you’ve posted this before but what’s your case on Hal?

I just finished lunch but if you check my posts it should be just a few back. Quick summary though, AN and Hal were my main D1 vibe reads already based on everyone else feeling like they could be town and them not giving me as much of a relaxed feeling there like it could easily be true. Then while I was sitting there on AN as the better option of the two, Hal comes in with a defense AN that I'm not saying was a strong defense or anything, just a fake sounding one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

[quote="

Maerlyn posted:

I could see Bif killing binus (the ultimate ignore button).

lmao

Maerlyn" post="528197953"]I am still feeling Wind as scum because Toal made a good post here about Wind entering the game and her reads not evolving:

Wind entering the game and seeing what Yami was thinking, sure...but if I'm town and replace town I don't think I default to the same reads as the person I'm replacing. Scum don't have the luxury of just throwing caution to the wind and coming up with some new take, there's a cautious vibe to it. I want to read more of Wind's posts after she joined the game and how deadline went down again too.

There's another point I want to bring up but I need to see if I missed any other posts from Wind before I mention it (if her visitor has announced themself yet).

So would vote Hal, Wind, gonna look at deadline and see what else sticks out.
[/quote]

Hm, this and your other post make some fair points. I was thinking Yami sounded legit in how he was annoyed at you focusing on him early, but he's pretty good at sounding indignant when he's scum too. Or it might've just been all the rl frustration seeping in regardless of alignment.

I'm still hoping Hal can get over the line here but I'll at least consider Wind as an option today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

maf edit, had to lmao so hard it broke the quote block

Maerlyn posted:

I am still feeling Wind as scum because Toal made a good post here about Wind entering the game and her reads not evolving:

Wind entering the game and seeing what Yami was thinking, sure...but if I'm town and replace town I don't think I default to the same reads as the person I'm replacing. Scum don't have the luxury of just throwing caution to the wind and coming up with some new take, there's a cautious vibe to it. I want to read more of Wind's posts after she joined the game and how deadline went down again too.

There's another point I want to bring up but I need to see if I missed any other posts from Wind before I mention it (if her visitor has announced themself yet).

So would vote Hal, Wind, gonna look at deadline and see what else sticks out.

Hm, this and your other post make some fair points. I was thinking Yami sounded legit in how he was annoyed at you focusing on him early, but he's pretty good at sounding indignant when he's scum too. Or it might've just been all the rl frustration seeping in regardless of alignment.

I'm still hoping Hal can get over the line here but I'll at least consider Wind as an option today.
[/quote]

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also noting a few inconsistencies with those players.

Monathin was extremely insistent that Salad was scum D1, but seems to have completely forgotten they existed today. Illusonis was very determined that Anarc was scum D1, but not enough to keep the vote on them, and has not tried to push back at all. Or well, forgot that the game exists, idk. I'll give Cloaca a bit of credit for actually casing Wind today but it still seems like a bandwagon jump. Not sure yet.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

..Also guess I should clarify. I think Illusionis is also scum distancing from Anarc as they pushed and pushed but when time came to get rid of Anarc, they started desperately trying to float alternatives.

One thing I'd add to this is that I'm really surprised there isn't a way bigger push to get right back onto AN to finish yesterday's business.

##vote ANarc

But will you people listen to me about Hal next please

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Keane's memory already forgotten, for shame

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

To me it gives the vibe of being around to swerve once and then calling it a day - not being engaged through the end of the day. I'd prefer someone who was cognizant of and reacting to both swerves rather than someone who did a swerve and then forgot about it.

Ok this makes a lot more sense for why you'd think it, but I still wouldn't really draw that conclusion. A scum who's around for deadline and bothers to swerve once probably wouldn't want to actually stop paying attention in case things got to a no-lunch that made them look bad.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

The odd vibe I get from you goes beyond fart jokes (although I admit they were part of it).

Are you wishing to see all town burn in your confessional yet? And is it because we dumb or because u scum?

Not yet! It's nice!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

Could also be that all the potential vote leaders (keane, maerlyn, anarc, and me) were not-scum, and therefore the target of the swerve didn't actually matter

Yeah that's definitely a possibility. Even in that case though, scum's job wouldn't be to keep things off a particular person, it'd be to look like they're still engaged and pretend they give a poo poo. So I think it's just background noise.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugh imma just go to sleep again and wait for y'all to hopefully lunch Hal instead

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AN if you're sounding more townie does that mean you're actually scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

Bif on a scale of 1-5 how confident are you that Hal is scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah!!

##vote Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

Time for whatever this is:

Lean scum:
Wind, Cloaca, Bif

Could go either way:
salad, Mona, Hal, Illu, Toal, ANarc

Lean town:
Plastic, shwinn, Maer

[each block is ordered from scummier to townier]

Feeling better about wolo since apart from not thinking Hal's a great lunch, these reads line up well with my own (plus extra credit for being paranoid about me)

Would also rate Toal a bit higher

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

By now another big reason I think Hal is scum is cause, usually when I got a townie lined up as my main suspect scum eat that poo poo up and it's easy as all hell to get them lunched

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I also see Hal never answered this

WindwardAway posted:

Hal, I have a question.
You listed Bif as frustrating you the most, but does that mean you think she's town pushing you, or scum pushing you?

I was really interested in his answer. Not just to hear how his read on me sounded, but to flesh out that "most frustrating" label as well.

I mean, I'm sure having me settle on him as my biggest suspicion based mostly on "vibe" would be frustrating of course. But Hal is familiar enough with my old-school arrogant hypertunnel ways that it seems kinda strange to be so bothered by a much more relaxed push on him.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

bif has been marginally more convincing than other folks

In this game? That's kinda messed up lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

shwinnebego posted:

and a variety of more compelling political strategies to accommodate this reality

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/us/politics/minneapolis-deep-canvassing.html

The Australian Greens are pretty big on this! Tons of door knocking (and the Brisbane floods) prolly went a long way towards that recent big win over here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WindwardAway posted:

Idk about you but usually I see town redirectors make their claim specifically once they've caused a mech kerfuffle where theyre at fault

I just think hiding it is scummy unless they actually think either Clo or Illu is scum, cause idk what else is to be gained by that

Agreed, all this mess makes me wanna lunch Cloaca a bit more

So that's Cloaca, ANarc and Wind I'd consider rn if Hal doesn't get lunched. But if we get to D3 or D4 and he's still alive, y'all are gonna wish we'd just sorted it today cause no one's still gonna have a clue about him lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Agreed, all this mess makes me wanna lunch Cloaca a bit more

So that's Cloaca, ANarc and Wind I'd consider rn if Hal doesn't get lunched. But if we get to D3 or D4 and he's still alive, y'all are gonna wish we'd just sorted it today cause no one's still gonna have a clue about him lol

Just realised this wakeup post was confusing, I was agreeing on the part where a town redirector should claim ASAP once their role is creating confusion.

That doesn't exactly flow logically into suspecting Cloaca, I just already suspect her a little anyway.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bleh fine, if that claim is legit at least scum might have to take Hal out instead of leaving him around for maximum LYLO paranoia

##unvote

Maerlyn posted:

Wait, AN says he's a cook and he did nothing?

Well that's interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, there is nothing suspicious about this at all... Wind gains votes, suddenly there's a case on Hal,

What do you mean suddenly I've been saying it all day

##vote Clo