Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

WindwardAway posted:

Nexus isn't usually a loud role, though, is it?

see above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

WindwardAway posted:

Ok, so you agree with me that we shouldn't lunch Clo today?

Also what are your thoughts on Hal's claim?

Claimed action cop, right? I'm trying to figure out if Hal is brazen enough to fakeclaim action cop in a game where hal was scum and also you and HCT won with that claim (yes I'm still sore about that shush).

I don't know if I feel confident voting out a detective role though, even a claimed one. If Hal lives he's painted a huge target on his back and has to fabricate results. The fact that Anarc didn't do anything kind of corraborates it but, idk, need more info.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Cloacamazing! posted:

I don't think it's that helpful, but I targeted salad.

So just to make sure I have this right:

Clo targets salad > somehow Illu gets the message that Clo visited them
salad visits Maer > Maer gets told salad visited them

:thunk:

I'm trying to figure out what to make of this but the fact that somehow both loud actions have salad in them make me HRM.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

For posterity.

Votecount for Day 2

WindwardAway (5): wologar, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, shwinnebego, Cloacamazing!, shwinnebego, Maerlyn, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, saladscooper, wologar, Maerlyn, saladscooper, wologar, Illusionis
Cloacamazing! (3): saladscooper, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, saladscooper, AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen
Hal Insandenza (1): Bifauxnen, WindwardAway, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, WindwardAway, saladscooper, saladscooper, saladscooper, Bifauxnen
AnonymousNarcotics (1): PlasticAutomaton, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen
saladscooper (0): Hal Insandenza, Hal Insandenza
Illusionis (0): saladscooper, saladscooper
PlasticAutomaton (0): AnonymousNarcotics, Illusionis, AnonymousNarcotics, Illusionis

Not Voting (3): Maerlyn, Monathin, WindwardAway

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2022 at 11 p.m. CET -- that's in about 43 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

Monathin are you gonna vote

probably but i'm not gonna lie I'm not jazzed about this vote either

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

Who do you wanna vote

maybe illu, maybe plastic, no one who i'm gonna try and swerve on with 30m to go given i did that all during song 2 and everyone hated me for it lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maerlyn posted:

I don't know, I'd still vote Wind but when Hal was close to lunch and those votes dropped off and people turned to Clo instead, it looks really shady, same as what happened with me/Keane/AN Day 1. AN also saved himself with a last minute unverified claim that he refuses to discuss further, which does not look at all suspicious.

i just don't think scum hal would knowingly claim action cop knowing that there's a bunch of song mafia 2 peeps here in the thread who would immediately call him out on it given HCT's claim, that seems like it's almost tempting fate

shwinnebego posted:

Who do you wanna vote

oh also i would flip salad because the fact they somehow are involved in both redirections is MAD suspicious to me, but def don't have enough evidence

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

re: Hal, Hal at least has verified results in Anarc (who also was willing to vote Hal until that point), I really really don't like flipping a claimed town investigative role who has at least a result, just kind of on principle

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

okay this game owns

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also Hal lmao is this your third scum game in a row? That luck is dreadful, sorry buddy!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I disagree super heavily that cloaca is scum.

Anyway I guess I will also claim that I had a night action and got nothing but junk data/gibberish. Anyone wanna claim that?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Anyways I'd say this clears multiple players but I assume the Beast had no idea who the infiltrators were so back to square one!

Yeah, I'm assuming there's a split scumteam at this point. The Infiltrators + Beast (with maybe one other alien who has breached containment who's a threat). Windward's flip doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah yeah y'all can spend another day doubting me again I'm just gonna sit back with a nice drink and my resting smugface

[b]##vote bif[/b

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Salad very early claimed noticer or something, which lets them know if someone did something or had something done to them. Which is awfully vague.

Did anyone follow up with a claim to target Mae.?

Yeah sure why not.

I'm a Xenobiologist, aka a Flavor Cop. I investigate someone and my bioscanner tells me if they're human or not.

N1 Mae, Human, N2 Bif, Junk Data.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

If you could shoot anyone right now, who would it be?

bif

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Ah okay. Good to know. Yeah sounds like bif was jailed then. It's all coming together

Didn't salad target hal?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

I targeted biffles and got gibberish last night

Yeah but if salad targetted hal and also got gibberish it can't be because bif was jailed.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

saladscooper posted:

Unless literally anyone else visited Maer N1. Again, my role doesn't tell me how many people visited someone, just that a visit happened

I imagine someone would have counterclaimed a visit at this point if so but obviously people are free to say as much if they also visited Mae N1. Elsewise you, me, and Mae basically clear each other based on how night action resolves.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I believe Plastic because my role explicitly states that just because someone isn't human doesn't mean they aren't part of the crew, and I imagine getting a "not human" result on the crew doc would be a very lmao-worthy false positive to include on a flavor cop.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

alright so the way i see it it's gotta be bif or toal (and, for everyone else, possibly me)

if it isn't then someone else like monathin is doing something real big brained

but occam's razor has got me laser focused on those two

i can promise you my brain is extraordinarily small

I want to point out just for the sake of doing so that Illusionis' day masonry does not necessarily mean they don't have a night action, and I have in fact been bamboozled by scum masonries before. So unless someone wants to claim Illusionis is hard cleared by an unconfirmed masonry I don't want to assume they're clear.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Can you remind me why maer is cleared?

Mae claimed Human Redshirt on D1, so I investigated her, and got a human result.

There could be redirection, it's not ironclad, but I think it's significant enough to warrant not examining further until later.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

i'm mostly assuming that the Beast wouldn't have any masonry power on flavor grounds

i know, i know, flavor arguments can be madness, but i think in this case given how the flavor has related to the roles/mechanics so far, it's solid

tbh i don't consider that cleared but I can understand why you think you would, just to counterargue - Cloaca's and Wind's flip suggests being able to scramble someone with pheromones. Keane's flip was a telepathic frog. Being able to 'mind link' with someone while hunting prey does not seem that at-odds to the Beasts' nature, too me.

Also I wanna know who is in the masonry today, speaking of. I have a theory but I don't know how ironclad that theory is.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm really not a fan of everyone ignoring Illu in the mix here.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toal, I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but are you human or non-human?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

I'm Aq Five Branches, an Andromeda Security Chief.

I watch the surveillance cameras at night. Which happen to be working.

This did not answer my question, I mean, like, Odo is a changeling, so you're claiming nonhuman?

This is important for my theorizing.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

listen i'm still "at" work, my attention is very split rn

but ok yes thank you that helps.

I want to hear from illu now.

##vote illusionis

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Not doing poo poo until I hear from Illu, and the more I get stalled the more I feel like I've got something here.

Do I actually have something? Probably not, but I suspect I do.

I want to know who's in the masonry today.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

europe wakes up around midnight EST so

oh is illu europe? drat you timezone, yet again my nemesis.

that's fair. i still think we should talk this out tbf because i don't like having a day where things go short.

do agree that there seems a very small playing field for the beast to operate at this point though, which is interesting.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Illusionis posted:

Not to worry I got a free day tomorrow and am drunk present, got Maer in the comms today

hrm. If Maer can confirm this that does shoot my theory in the foot.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I was going to post my big theory and hit preview before I posted, but for the record my thought was the Beast would have a way to communicate explicitly with the non-human members of the crew - we have a number of 3P who were "other specimens" that were released, and a Beast being able to coordinate them via masonry would blunt the impact of a split scumteam where one is effectively an aligned SK.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

"Mona, how paranoid are you of masonries?" Extremely, thanks for asking

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

that's a bit racist innit

Look, you and Cloaca are both aliens, it was a solid theory that's how it could have worked!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

other paranoid thoughts with Mona: if the Infiltrators got a factional kill back when the Beast was dealt with it stands to reasaon the Beast might get something if both the infiltrators are dead. Jugg kill maybe??? I don't know, this is a blatant setup spec post but I don't want to leave any thoughts on the table.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Would also explain the Hal kill if so -maybe the Beast thought Hal was scum and intentionally decided to kill him.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

honestly I should have realized cloaca was scum when they had the same role name as me but I really didn't think too hard about it lol, c'est la vie

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

there's two engineers too i think

are there? i thought it was just wolo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

Even with Cloaca's 3P pheromonal confusion, unless the Beast jugg'd him his death implies that Windward didn't use her protection on her and her partner, which is loving insane

Hmm. I wonder.

quote:

Should the Beast nevertheless attempt to kill you or your partner, you will automatically expend your remaining stock of pheromones to redirect the Beast to a random other player. If this happens, you lose the ability to use them to signal the Beast for the rest of the game.

Was Windward the first NK target and binus just got unlucky with a redirect? I think that would be the only explanation for not marking Hal as inedible on the way out.

Kind of more convinced now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually no, my theory makes most sense if Hal was the N1 kill target.

The Beast would know they got redirected but not know why. Windward's flip means they would immediately know Hal was Wind's partner and chomp down.

Yeah ok, I'm working thru it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am going to assume the Beast has a jugg kill unless otherwise debunked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

wologar posted:

This would be funny and also the result of terrible luck for the scum team, so it's probably what happened.

That makes me wonder: would Beast Bif try to nk Hal N1 after casing him all day?

...Probably?

I mean thinking on it it would make a lot of sense that the Beast was helping scumhunt if not having the Infiltrators alive empowers it. Which, bear in mind: No evidence of that, but still.

Also extremely lol if the sequence really is:
- Beast targets Hal N1, gets redirected so knows they hit their 'scumteam'
- binus died due to unlucky redirect
- Windward's pheromones are spent on that redirect, so Windward can't spend them before getting executed to protect Hal
- Hal dies the next night because Windward's flip confirms them to the Beast as the other scum

Truly a comedy of errors here