Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Your confirmation was appreciated Mae! That soundly kills my theory that only aliens can communicate with Illu.

I think I would still like to flip them out of paranoia but I think we have handily nailed a core group of who the beast can actively be at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maerlyn posted:

Bif if you are a redshirt how are you receiving garbled text? I thought that was garbled results text (I may need to reread).

I actually do want the answer to this. Has anyone who doesn't have night actions gotten garbled text?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like yeah it could be that other people didn't get infected but I feel like that is a bit of an open question with regards to if it works that way because my understanding of the garbled text is that it blocked my result for N2.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Like yeah it could be that other people didn't get infected but I feel like that is a bit of an open question with regards to if it works that way because my understanding of the garbled text is that it blocked my result for N2.

Which, for those following along who might be slightly impaired (Hi Illu, drink some water bud!) would mean Bif is lying.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

wologar posted:

When you all talk about garbled text, is it garbled garbled (HgJKOuythH) or nonsensical phrases?

Nonsensical phrases. My results talked about Aristotle, honey mustard, and rose bushes. Presumably from Cloaca now that we've seen their flip.

I believe you got hit with it N1 if I'm not wrong, wolo?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maerlyn posted:

I would bet money Clo infected Wolo N1, hence his garbled text. I didn't see if Clo claimed anything N2 before she was killed.

Probably infected Bif, seeing as how Toal and I both got hit by it and we both tried to target Bif on N2.

The language of result text is actually pretty damning. I think bif is the logical first vote of the Could-Be-Beast camp.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I will not hammer because I assume crab is not gonna be up for like another 3 hours and I don't wanna hammer while mod's asleep (and I am going to sleep shortly) but considering me on the Vote Bif train for this one and I will probably vote in the morning assuming no other weird poo poo happens

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maerlyn posted:

The role PM doesn't say if the cross contaminated people get garbled text too, even with no actions.

I have not received an odd message, just "visited by salad" after N1.

quote:

Furthermore, every time another player targets you or an infected player with a night action, they are also infected in the same way as if you had used your action on them.

This is what I'm basing my assumption off of. Clo infected Bif, Toal and I both investigated Bif, All three of us got a nonsensical message.

Except yeah theoretically bif shouldn't have gotten one if it's result text.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If it's not Bif it's probably Illu, if it's not either of them it's probably Toal.

I'm laying these out in case y'all hammer why I'm asleep, executing bif does not end the game, and somehow i get killed overnight

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

As weird as it is to say it I would execute shwinn last

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

..Hey guys can you remind me when all of this took place because I was on Bif N1 and she got no other visitors.

Toal and I visited Bif this past night so N2. So Clo probably targetted Bif N2.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

FACE IT IM CLEARED

*sigh*

ok, fine, we kill toal after shwinn

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

please god just don't forget illu is not technically cleared if i die this is all i want

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

They might not actually exist, I was just really hoping that nitpicky linguistic obaervation was real lol

So real story part of my big ILLU CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER NONHUMAN SPECIMENS argument was going to be involuntary alignment changes meant the beast could leverage the other alien 3Ps (Keane/Cloaca) in order to achieve its wincon in absence of the human scumteam

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

saladscooper posted:

I don’t know folks. I’m okay with ganking Bif today but I’m starting to think the beast is hiding more easily than we’re all assuming here. Like, are we all just taking for granted the idea that the beast only visits one player at night? Could they not have a free kill AND another night action?

I don't quite understand what this means in terms of who you think is most suspicious for the beast, salad? Do you not agree that the general group of shwinn/Bif/Toal/Illu is probably where the beast is hiding? Should someone be added to this list?

I'm awake now fwiw but I might go back to bed, I will probably vote here in a bit so we can hammer and move the day forward.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

saladscooper posted:

I’m saying that the methods we’re using to clear people might be faulty

I mean I figure that we don't have a 100% success rate of finding the beast with our methods but what other way is there to clear right now? It's Day 3 and I got garbage data thanks to Cloaca 2 nights, so the only people still alive who I know for sure are humans (and thus have no chance of being the Beast) are myself and Mae. Beyond that, there are obviously players who are non-human who will trip my radar (Toal is an Asari Andromedan, Plastic is an android. Anarc is... something).

It's probable that the beast has multiple actions, especially if, like Hal/Wind, the Beast gains something from the other half of the scumteam being dead. But I don't really know what that could be right now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

saladscooper posted:

Hold on a second - your data was gibberish both nights? Cloaca’s role said that her infected only get gibberish for one night, I thought.

Misword on my part - Night 2, not 2 nights. I apparently need some caffeine, so I'm going to fix that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Would make sense since Mona was asking all the non humans to claim since they would be faking results on them the rest of the game.

lol and lmao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toal I'm decaffeinated, not an idiot. I know what you're doing lmao

If you look back at day 2, salad claimed results that line up pretty much exactly with my own night action, and, "coincidentally", I stopped being very interested in pushing a case on salad.

If you think I've faked a result come at me with some hard proof, elsewise we got bigger fish to fry.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

This is called an evolving read, I suggest you look at what's happened today! That might give you some clues as to why I don't partcularly feel keen on salad anymore.

I'm just saying even Plastic called me out on dropping the salad case, if you're gonna cast suspicion on people who have claimed I'm the least of your worries.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Augh Mona will you please poo poo or get off the pot so I can cut down the number of threads I'm getting blue balls in by 50%

You said not to hammer you because you were making a shitpost!! But ok fine.

##vote bif

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

that puts bif at -1, ftr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Legit props to Toal and binus for basically nailing all non-town to the wall. This wasn't my best game but ah well, sometimes you get games where you're just a 6/10 flavor cop.

Sorry to Hal and windward who ended up scum again literally right after Song Maf, bad luck of the draw, lol.