Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Okay, back to the previous case then, ##vote Keane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

WindwardAway posted:

Ok first off
I did not see Keane's claim around EoD but the way they used their role was funny as hell
Second, who nightkills binus??

I know, right???

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
binus flip kind of confirms Maer being VT for me at least:

quote:

As long as you are alive, whenever a senior officer is eliminated, a random Redshirt (vanilla crew) player will receive a field promotion to fill the eliminated officer’s role. The datalinks are still busted, so you won’t know who is promoted, if anyone at all.

Maerlyn posted:

Also just for fun I'm Marco Nguyen, CREW Aligned Human Redshirt. My husband tells me that in Star Trek the original series, if the red shirts were brought down to the planet that was the guy who died so seems fitting, lol.

Seems unlikely that she'd just guess that vanilla town is called redshirts. So yesterday's initial tie was town vs 3P. The question is, were the swerves to AN and salad the same? AN caught a lot of heat very fast with little resistance, and it feels like scum would have at least tried to avoid this.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I am very disappointed that after all of wol's talk, nobody with the lowest post count exploded.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Wait, that one wasn't a joke?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I seriously thought that was a joke based on wol's insistence that the person with the lowest postcount would explode,

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Since several people have brought my AN vote up, I agree with the case put forth by Illu here

Illusionis posted:

AN is my highest scum pick for now, not scumhunting, posting fluff, also their vote still being this, with that reason is really suspicious to me.

And lot of people, including my stronger town reads, had been telling me my case on Maer was a bad one right before, so I wanted to move my vote.

b-minus1 posted:

Maerlyn is confirmed town

shwinnebego posted:

Maerlyn is town you fools

Keane is better but maybe not the best

My general case on them would be that they haven't posted much of substance. The train on them built very fast and met with little resistance though, which speaks more in favor of them being town. The most opposition before AN appeared in the thread was this post by Wind

WindwardAway posted:

Lol
I'm kind of worried by the wagon shift but I don't think I'm informed enough to call it a bad sign
Not sure on the exact timing though, I haven't backread what's happened since I last checked in, and thread was pretty quiet up to that point

Which seems like a legitimate concern most of us who later switched to Keane probably shared. Of course if AN were to flip scum, this move would be pretty damning for Wind.

Current AN situation, I still feel that if there was scum anywhere in the Keane/Maer/AN/salad group, it would be most likely with them.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wologar posted:

Ok, but I'll do it in secret:

Do Transylvanian burning gondolas or Caesar's eulogy do anything for you?

Did you lick the dead hypnotoad?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wologar posted:

Hey!! Eyes off the black bars, lady.

Would you vote Wind?

I'll need to catch up in the thread fully once I get home, but I'd vote AN and Wind today. Wouldn't vote wol, Mona and Illu.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'll need to catch up in the thread fully once I get home, but I'd vote AN and Wind today. Wouldn't vote wol, Mona and Illu.

On reading her posts, Wind is surprisingly vague about her reads, which I feel is more like her scumgame. I know townWind to be a lot more aggressive. Here she mostly follows along with Yami's reads:

WindwardAway posted:

I skimmed Yami's reads to see if I could pick up on any leads he had, and what I got was that he thought Clo and Maer are scum, and maybe(?) Keane based on some association reads

Ill start digging there and see whether I agree with those takes or not. I don't see any reason to carry the torch if I disagree, but at the same time I believe in Yami's solving skills from what I've seen of his town game when we've played together, and there's gotta be some merit to his reads.

WindwardAway posted:

Ok I think my brain is fried, that didn't take long 😅 I didn't get much of an impression from the first handful of posts from Keane but I think the forum kinda broke on me and now I'm having trouble retaining anything I read which is poop and also a sign I should sleep

Gun-to-head I really don't have a strong impression of Keane, and the most notable thing I saw was their case on wologar and I don't have the full context for that either so I made a note to follow up on it in the morning

WindwardAway posted:

I've read up to page 8 so far and my current thoughts are that, between Keane and Monathin, I'm more inclined to vote Monathin because his snappy reaction to being pushed looks worse and feels kinda omgusy.

I'll see if that take persists as I continue reading the thread but it'll be a little while before I have more time, FYI.

In other news, Maerlyn gets a scumlean from me. Several of her early posts pinged me and it feels like she's there, but kind of in the background rather than the foreground. And that's not scummy on its own during joke phase, but when it continues into the part of the game where people actually give reads and start solving, it's not a good look.

##vote Maerlyn

Then she disappeared until end of day. Never moved her vote off Maerlyn. The only thing close to a case on D1 was the stuff on Hal

WindwardAway posted:

This post is skeeving me out, I can't quite place why

WindwardAway posted:

Just feels like an oddly unnecessary way for Hal to respond to a vote on him I guess

And that was pretty vague.

For today, Wind has mostly been engaging with the role stuff, which isn't particularly alignment-indicative either way. There was this stuff about her receiving a visit, so far nobody has claimed anything here. She called it a weird message before wol posted his, then later gave a summary of hers, so I'm inclined to believe both of them are telling the truth about getting weird messages. The question is, is there any connection between those events? Wol said he targeted Maerlyn, but whatever a coconut is, it didn't nut? Incidentally, wol targeting Maerlyn does resolve salad's action at least.

I'm sorry wol, I can't resist spoilers, baby seals are naturally curious.

Leaving that part alone for now, Wind seems kind of lurky and uninvolved in the game, by her standards at least, and doesn't really seem to care if she gets voted out, which is pretty strange. I'll try to keep an open mind and we still have a day to go, but for now I'm comfortable placing my vote there: ##vote Wind

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PlasticAutomaton posted:

This is kinda hilarious because Cloaca has not cased Keane at all.

Ummm....

Cloacamazing! posted:

On the Keane case, that wol case of his is weird, I agree. Especially because of this:

Keane has been accusing wol of being scum because he's trying to protect Plastic for pages now, but he doesn't think both of them are scum? If that's not the case, why is wol protecting Plastic an issue? And honestly, the whole "wol is protecting Plastic" thing seems a bit out of left field.

I don't see how this last post is somehow more "keeping Plastic safe" than the earlier part where wol pointed out the same for Maer and Hal.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Actually, now that I think about it, the Keane case really makes no sense with wol's posts here:

Just before the warning, wologar had explicitly stated that he sees Plastic as town, and he has also said that he would vote Illu:

So that's the exact explanation that Keane keeps claiming is missing.

Cloacamazing! posted:

But why is scumwologar interested in protecting Plastic-with-unknown-alignment openly and to the exclusion of other players? This is the part that I don't understand.

I hadn't cast a vote on Keane, because Maerlyn looked worse to me, but I'm pretty sure that's more of a case than any you've made in this game.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Illusionis posted:

We were not in a masonry d1, probably would have been out right away if we were

I was masoned with Illu D1. Toal should be able to see our exciting tank phase game. I think she's wrong about him though, Illu came across as genuinely scumhunting in our masonry on D1, and while he was casing AN strongly, and now seems to do the same for Hal, it didn't feel scummy to me. That's why I followed along with his AN vote after all.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

shwinnebego posted:

This is consistent with a considerable body of evidence suggesting that facts and logic are not particularly effective in convincing people to chance their minds

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/743195213

and a variety of more compelling political strategies to accommodate this reality

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/us/politics/minneapolis-deep-canvassing.html

Meanwhile, this game keeps delivering. First the trolley problem and now this.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

It wasn't a permanent masonry? (For lack of a better word... Why no longer in it?)

Apparently it changes daily, which is pretty cool, but now I'm lonely. Been working on improving my tank, it didn't do too great in the battle. I'm researching dodgetanks now.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Another loud visitor like salad?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
This is getting quite interesting. I didn't visit you, at least not intentionally

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
HCT, if this game involves redirection shenanigans on a hottub level, I will never let you live this down.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hal Insandenza posted:

Should you be loud?

No

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

shwinnebego posted:

Why would scum cloaca deny this

I’m full on meta setup specking now contrary to my last post: I don’t believe HCT would include intense redirection shenanigans after complaining so much about them in that other game.

We need to flip cloaca to sort this out ##vote cloaca

Dunno. Regular Cloaca denies visiting Illu because she didn't visit Illu and because her visits don't create a "Cloaca visited you" message. So a redirect doesn't even fully explain what is going on here. Did someone befuddle Illu maybe?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

shwinnebego posted:

##unvote actually this is interesting enough to want to think through after work before deadline.

Cloaca, if you are town and this info woul help scum don’t answer but: did you take any action at all last night?

I did a night action, would currently prefer not to fullclaim. My target was not Illu.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hmm. An awful lot of roles that can either see their own visitors or are loud.

Okay so just to round it up.

Illusionis claims that Cloaca visited them. Cloaca's claiming redirected.
Maerlyn claims a visit by Salad who is claiming loud Snoop. Salad is also claiming Maer had a second unclaimed visitor.
Windward had an anonymous message.

Wol tried to coconut someone, but failed and received a strange message.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

I think wol said his action isn't directed to a person? I'll have to look it up again

You're right, he did:

wologar posted:

Just to clarify: I didn't target Maerlyn. I used Maerlyn's coconut gelato selection for my night action that, as far as I know, doesn't visit.

He also claims his role was created to allow mod shitposting, which I approve of.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Again, it can't be just a redirector, because I'm not a loud visitor. Assuming Illu is telling the truth, my best guess would be that we are dealing with something like a Befuddler, which is definitely more likely to be a scum role. Telling one townie that they were visited by another townie is a great method of sowing confusion. It puts suspicion on at least one of them. And obviously nobody would claim this role.

Given that there isn't really any evidence of any more redirection, I'm more inclined to assume that my action went through as normal and Illu was messed with.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Technically speaking Wind has claim VT, but I do see what you mean. She's at -1 now.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

Technically speaking Wind has claim VT, but I do see what you mean. She's at -1 now.

Okay, or maybe she's not.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

oh word? i must have missed that in the 120 or so posts that popped up while i was at work

WindwardAway posted:

We're several hours to deadline so I'm just gonna claim since I'm top wagon.
I'm Marcy Antonova, a redshirt, that's why I said to Plastic I wouldn't really mind if I got vigged to resolve me sooner rather than later. I don't have any sort of ability that lets me detect actions, I only received an anonymous message that looked AI-generated but also seemed like it probably had a hidden meaning since idk why it mentioned some of the spectators.

Yup

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, wol unvoted as I was typing

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Toalpaz posted:

I'm going to be frank, I'm not unvoting.

Yeah, this mass unvote is hella suspicious. I think I'm fine leaving my vote where it is, unless we're at risk of no lunch.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, there is nothing suspicious about this at all... Wind gains votes, suddenly there's a case on Hal, Wind gains votes again and is almost lunched, suddenly all the votes disappear, now there's a case on me... I wonder what this could mean...

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wologar posted:

Please spell it out. What does it mean?

WIND = SCUM

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

The words even have four letters. Coincidence? I think not!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Monathin posted:

Hey y'all, had a busy work day. Reading and catching up but I'll be around to vote.

Clo, who did you target, as a question? I don't know if it's helpful or not but if there are redirector shenanigans (I know HCT apparently doesn't like them but I am putting blinders on that for now) it could be a Nexus aka someone who redirects results away from themself.

I don't think it's that helpful, but I targeted salad.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

WindwardAway posted:

Oh right, Cloaca was the Befuddler in Isekai 2 who sent out the fake results
So that's along the lines of what I thought shwinn was talking about

Yeah, although "Clo visited you" is clearly a step down from Frank and if this is the case, the player should feel ashamed of themselves. Can't deny its effectiveness though.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Monathin posted:

So just to make sure I have this right:

Clo targets salad > somehow Illu gets the message that Clo visited them
salad visits Maer > Maer gets told salad visited them

:thunk:

I'm trying to figure out what to make of this but the fact that somehow both loud actions have salad in them make me HRM.

...Oh God, it's Hottub 2: Tub Hotter! MOD BASTARDRY IS AFOOT!

(In all seriousness, I would be willing to put this down as a coincidence unless N2 produces more shenanigans)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Clo - why did you choose to visit salad?

Guess I'll have to claim to answer that one. I'm a xenobiologist with the night action to spray people with pheromones, making them either smell deliciously good (+1 Loved) or bad (+1 Hated). As for why I targeted salad:

saladscooper posted:

OH YEAH I should tell y’all I’m Hated

Cloacamazing! posted:

That's sad to hear! We love you, salad!

It seemed like the nice thing to do.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

Well ok then!

I would strongly recommend against testing my claim, in case of redirections.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
My action should not have been loud, so unless there's something else going on, I still think I landed on salad.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

HCT didn’t tell me I got a stack of Loved but maybe he wouldnt

Illusionis posted:

Is your hated public?

Both are private. I actually didn't notice the Hated was private too, until I asked HCT about it.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

shwinnebego posted:

Were you told that your action on salad was successful?

I was told that my action was successful. I don't know if it was successful on salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

WindwardAway posted:

I'm so confused
So he's hated twice??

No, I said I loved salad! I would assume those two cancel each other out.