Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i want on hct's wild ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Howdy folks

##vote Keane

Genwunners die

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

I’m confirmed town

Sounds like something a godfather would say

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

Stop rolefishing

Only when I stop seeing bait

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Monathin posted:

It's jokephase, keane, nothing matters.

hm

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Toalpaz posted:

Is salad scooper AA AI?

salad scooper the somnium files

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Cloacamazing! posted:

Hmm. Looks like a basic substitution cypher at first glance, but the length of the words makes me suspect the message is in Finnish or something like that. Possibly something where you need to read every third letter, but we're short on vowels. Phonetically speaking, the first word kind of sounds like "I did nif" followed by static. In summary, I got nothing.

slight ping from this post

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Illusionis posted:

What's pinging you about it?

it seems. forced somehow. idk how to articulate it i just find it off

i think i scumread cloaca most of the time though so maybe i'm the crazy one

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

wologar posted:

Anyway the wind blows?

i'm horrified to report that i am now so musicalbrained that when i see these words i think "oh yeah like in hadestown" instead of "oh yeah like in bohemian rhapsody"

if you vote me for this i understand. i would vote me too

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It probably means Binus is a godfather judging by Monster Mash.

watch out he accused me of rolefishing for making this exact observation

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

not intentionally

anyway i think binus is town

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Maerlyn posted:

Don't leave me in suspense!

i read this in professor layton voice

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hmm, decent amount of pressure on wolo suddenly. Not sure I like it, their posting seems consistent with previous town games of theirs. Townlist is wolo, binus, potentially scum is Mona?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Monathin posted:

It's jokephase, keane, nothing matters.

Like for this combined with “Give us the goss, Toal!” Both read as strained attempts at jokey buddy-buddying

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
OH YEAH I should tell y’all I’m Hated

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hal Insandenza posted:

##vote saladscooper they are hal-confirmed scum

on brand tbh

what's pinging you about me, hal the pal?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Illusionis posted:

:question: What's this now Binus :question:

This is the stupidest thing to build a read off but God something is pinging me about those emotes

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

wologar posted:

I'd vote ANarc, Cloaca or Illusionis.

A narc's fate is sealed with illusions.

Couldn't fit cloaca in there but solid effort, 6.5/10

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
the latest in a long line of disappointments

mother 4. silksong. toal's case on maerlyn.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is the most :effort: post I've ever seen binus make. Must be scum.

##vote binus

Bad vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s lunch everyone in that group. Toal, mona, wologar, salad, swhinn, plastic, what do you guys think?

I wanna see what Hal has to say about me apparently being scum before we gank him

I'd go for a Keane or Yami lunch tho

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hal Insandenza posted:

At the time, I had read all the posts and the one that tingled my scummy sense the most was the one where you called out the “push” on wologar. Felt like a reach to try and generate some content and cast vagus aspersions

Fair, I was at work and looking at my phone so it might've seemed like a bigger deal than it was

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
the crewmate who runs the convenience store on-board gets a voluntary alignment change, call that ShopVAC

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I think Mona's case on Yami is weak, which combined with the tone stuff that was pinging me earlier makes them at the top of my scumlist

##vote Mona

Would also go for Keane, Anarc.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Monathin posted:

That sure is a shotgun blast of three random people you could pick out of a hat, not-AA.

Did you miss this

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Monathin posted:

I'm more pointing out it's weird you both desire to flip me and Keane. That part seems pretty bad.

I don't like anarc's vote there but I don't know that I'd vote them over Yami right now.

I don't see why you and Keane can't be scum together

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Yeah like, Keane and Mona have both made some pretty scummy posts, and since I tend to think D1 with no info is too early to get any solid reads based on association, I'm good with hitting either of them and letting the chips fall where they may.

I think Cloaca seems townie enough at this point where I'm not comfy going for her today.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, I should probably ##unvote, my wol vote wasn't exactly serious. Although he did decide I was effortposting scum after reading a single post of mine, which I am quite salty about! Train your seal-reading skills, wol, they still need some work.

Binus is binussing, I'm still paranoid about him straying from the usual "Im town". There's a lot of people townreading him just from this too.

Mona is kind of a null read for me. I agree with them that Toal needs to explain her Maerlyn vote, because I really dislike that "I am casting my vote, but will not explain why!" thing.

Before anybody asks "Who scum, Cloaca?", currently no big reads, some scrumptious scumpings from Yami for distracting us with Pokémon talk and Toal for that votestuff. Would currently vote either of them.

This is not a scum post, to me

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

I’d rather until this hal keane yami knot. I think a reasonable strategy is to lunch them first, see how many scum we flip, and then go from there

I feel like this is a mischaracterization of the situation, particularly in regards to Hal. I don’t see how Hal is part of this “knot” and I think you trying to push us into a pseudo-thunderdome D1 is pretty scummy, actually.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
That being said I also am not seeing the Maer case at all. Mona or Anarc today imo

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I think the tactic Toal is using re: Maer flytrap isn’t necessarily scummy but her announcement of it pinged me

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
If there’s one thing I agree with Mona about it’s that Plastic could be under the radar scum…

Bleh, my thoughts are all tangled. More when I’m home from work.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hey everyone, just letting you all know I'll only be around sporadically for the rest of the day, as it turns out this game has caught me at a bad mental health moment as well (work-related, not anything specific to this game) and i need Some Time to recuperate. I'm reading the thread, it's just moving really fast and I'm not able to keep up atm. I promise I'll try to catch up at night.

Yami, I don't know you very well but nevertheless I hope the best for you. Feel better soon.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Also I dig Keane's case on wolo (as in I think it's genuine and I probably wouldn't vote Keane today now) BUT I'm confused by it, because to my understanding, keeping quiet about this "active power" or game info or whatever might be just as useful to scum as it is to town. In fact, if I for real knew something like that as town I would be all over posting it, inconsistent logic or not. I don't find wolo scummy for it.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CCKeane posted:

This is a good point! So I think there's a few things here:

-I think town would be clearer about the kill mechanics as far as they understand them

-I think scum could easily use it as a means of killing without seeming at fault - after all, I couldn't control the vig! I warned everybody! But smh, smh, this person simply posted the least.

The second point is also getting me thinking, because I DO think it's strange to have a relative read of plastic as townier than illusionis. (At the time, Plastic has posted since). So yeah, I was prodding that, and I don't think wologar has a townie train of logic.

Well, this is a game which, by mod admission, has a lot of experimental mechanics. Maybe wolo genuinely is in the dark as to how it all works. Though I do get being wary - I think back to SR in Opop's CYOR lying about their kill power being RNG-based...

And my perspective on the second point is that as scum I would prefer the chaos of extra unexplained deaths to giving town more info, but idk

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CCKeane posted:

DID I MAKE A TROLLEY PROBLEM POST IN A MAFIA GAME?!

I DID.

YOUR HATE MAKES ME MORE POWERFUL.

the "inaction is action" point doesn't really work in mafia cause like, you wouldn't be visiting plastic in that case now would you

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
we have the power. let's turbo someone.

i vote bif

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

Take your time. We already know that you are scum

eh i'm willing to let wind have a clean slate

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

Reads are like farts, if you have to force it, it's probably crap.

this is why i said we turbo bif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
"let's turbo bif" was a joke