Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I take my 14 year old to an Archers of Loaf concert?
Yes!
No!
Why do I have to preview my post to create a poll?
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you absolutely should. holy gently caress how is this even in question. "plumb line" is a loving rock solid banger. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

precision posted:

you absolutely should. holy gently caress how is this even in question. "plumb line" is a loving rock solid banger. gently caress

Well good news then! We went on Saturday, the show was pretty great and Plumbline was played, like the third or fourth song in the set?
My kid got her t-shirt, they definitely know their audience though, no adult small shirts, so she had to settle for a medium. I think she was more or less indifferent to the Archers, she liked the new album, but obviously doesn't have any nostalgic attachment to the music.
She did really like the opening band though, and she got dinner, a trip to an art museum, and some quality people watching.
She was dying with laughter at all the old guys trying to dance, or bounce, or whatever you want to call it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

bengy81 posted:

Well good news then! We went on Saturday, the show was pretty great and Plumbline was played, like the third or fourth song in the set?
My kid got her t-shirt, they definitely know their audience though, no adult small shirts, so she had to settle for a medium. I think she was more or less indifferent to the Archers, she liked the new album, but obviously doesn't have any nostalgic attachment to the music.
She did really like the opening band though, and she got dinner, a trip to an art museum, and some quality people watching.
She was dying with laughter at all the old guys trying to dance, or bounce, or whatever you want to call it.

men my age or older absolutely deserve to be mocked to their face for dancing and moshing unless they are super hardcore lifers (don't make fun of people in a Slayer pit)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
No. She's only into Crooked Fingers and will be disappointed at the set list.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
McClusky on Saturday got cancelled cuz Falco has tinnitus which sucks.

My next concert is three nights of ayahuasca at the end of December.

We're seeing Gilla Band in Philly in Feb. It's 21+ or I would bring my 4.5 year old because he loving loves noise.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

men my age or older absolutely deserve to be mocked to their face for dancing and moshing unless they are super hardcore lifers (don't make fun of people in a Slayer pit)

I'm personally a big fan of the rhythmic head bob, or standing completely still with your arms crossed, or, maybe mixing the two together.
Semi-related, it's a really big bummer when you realize all those old looking dudes are the same age as you.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hell yeah. Having a cool kid must be awesome. I had 3 sisters growing up that were babies when I was in high school and I've never wanted kids as a result of my mom making me raise them lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bengy81 posted:

I'm personally a big fan of the rhythmic head bob, or standing completely still with your arms crossed, or, maybe mixing the two together.
Semi-related, it's a really big bummer when you realize all those old looking dudes are the same age as you.

I go see poo poo like Neurosis (RIP), Melvins, Sleep, Om, Secret Chiefs, etc. so the headbang in the crowd of mildly-affluent stoned as gently caress people between the ages of 30-60 is my go to

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

MrQwerty posted:

I go see poo poo like Neurosis (RIP), Melvins, Sleep, Om, Secret Chiefs, etc. so the headbang in the crowd of mildly-affluent stoned as gently caress people between the ages of 30-60 is my go to

Hell yeah

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I was a roadie/drum tech in a stoner metal band that dressed up and made an album about the Horned God arc of Slaine for 7 years, and got Bisley to do the album cover, and ended their set with a cover of Supa Scoopa and Mighty Scoop; I know my place lol

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 5, 2022

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I think they have a good lyric in their catchy song,

You're not the one who let me down
But thanks for offering

Reminds me of the Gin Blossoms album Congratulations I'm Sorry

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
IDK man if you want to you can, when I was a kid all I got to listen to was hair metal. And now How I can't get Def Leppard out of my head.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

MrQwerty posted:

(don't make fun of people in a Slayer pit)

Yeah, punching down is too easy.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

you should not. buy her an account instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah, punching down is too easy.

I think they mean more along the lines of you're in for a bad time if you do.