Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
It's kind of confusing to be a goon in 2022. I thought any given thread here should be A. funnier or B. deeper or C. both than the same conversation on Reddit, but almost every funny thread is shallow and every deep thread is humorless. Reddit sucks but I often go there for comedy and advice I'd prefer to get here, because most goons stopped giving a poo poo about our community being good instead of good enough

edit: solid lesson about emotional posting: don't post

edit edit: SA is special, I love it and legitimately hate Reddit's "community" which is why it hurts when SA feels like it's winding down. This rant is probably fear of aging and losing the kind of motivation I had as a young person and currently see on even the dumbest threads there. Don't even remember the last time Reddit was actually funny, it felt correct emotionally to say that because you can tell they're trying (and failing). Goons *can be* a million times funnier but it's not happening as often as it used to, when every page here was comedy gold. Maybe this is midlife depression and rose tinted nostalgia glasses talking. Obviously my opinion doesn't matter, but better posters aren't posting about their feelings on this and it felt like someone had to broach the subject, which is probably wrong and a reason to stop posting

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

SA is absolutely better for chilling out as a 30 something adult, which is a welcome niche, but I'd prefer to get 100% of valuable internet stuff from here (because I'm lazy and ADHD)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Solid lesson in emotional posting: don't post

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Conclusion on 20 years of SA posting:
I hate myself and I want to die

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I don't even remember the last time Reddit was actually funny, it felt correct emotionally to say that because you can tell they're trying (and failing). Goons *can be* a million times funnier but it's not happening as often as it used to, when every page here was comedy gold. Maybe this is midlife depression and rose tinted nostalgia glasses talking. Obviously my opinion doesn't matter, but better posters aren't posting about their feelings on this and it felt like someone had to broach the subject, which is probably wrong and a reason to stop posting

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 27, 2022

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Blow posted:

Well, you just motivated me to drop :10bux: and get Plat (again).

Cheers mate. :suicide:

:unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZZiIlJHVA

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

How do you feel about Elon Musk? Elon is Reddit and Reddit is Elon: smug smart asses who think they're far more clever than they are because they run the "Anne Frankly, I did Nazi it coming" joke into the ground.

SA has problems but it's a far, far better place to post and lurk than almost all of Reddit.

Musk is a tumor on humanity and the worst poster of the 21st century

his father approved when a classmate pushed him down the stairs (when Elon made fun of the kid's dead dad)

hoping he takes a lesson from Lowtax on tastefully ending his tenure in the United States

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 28, 2022

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

:sickos:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Petitioning mods to change this thread into "What popular features can SA steal from Reddit in 2022?"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

PYF basslines until mods kill this stupid thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnI3Q84tDco

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0qlOSdkrM

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009