Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Correct

Also the steam buns

And those waffle cookies, the flat ones in the yellow box.

And freeze dried fruit. The bananas deliver maximum cronch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Smugworth posted:

For whatever reason every single TJ's parking lot and store is way too small for the amount of traffic but we all just keep going back don't we

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Haverchuck posted:

Their stores and parkings lots are too small on purpose, it has to do with how much they sell per square foot or something

From what I found it's apparently so they can fit into smaller areas - like strip mall stores - and therefore provide groceries in areas that wouldn't have room for a gigantic full service store with a full deli/butcher shop

Which makes sense actually - they're also pretty much always near or the cheapest option for produce and such at a much better quality than a target/walmart that has a grocery section as an afterthought

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Isn't Traitor Joe's just ALDI for people that are scared to shop at ALDI?

Nah, very different experiences imo. Trader Joes is definitely more 'curated' than Aldi and Aldi has a lower price point on average. Also offers a wider range of stuff than TJ's - my local Aldi's will have cheap appliances, out door furniture, toys, and other weird non-food related stuff, where TJ's is pretty much groceries, some bath/cleaning goods, and a bunch of supplements.

Also Aldi produce routinely spoils really really fast in my experience.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

apropos of nothing the trader joes holiday fearless flyer is out - they've also been online for a while now

Yes I am on the mailing list why do you ask

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Krustic posted:

The Trader Joe's pound plus giant chocolate bars are like 5 dollars for 17+ ounces of Belgium chocolate. They also come in milk and dark. These are a great deal. I used to buy them for making my opulent luxury brownies. Box brownie mix is trash BTW.

also good for fancy chocolate chip cookies. hand chopped chocolate chunks > premade chips

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I usually have good experiences with their produce other than the fresh herbs like cilantro and parsley.

Probably depends on regional distribution partners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

We have no need for thread war and Joe would not condone any war at all. The spirit of Joe is one of checking some cool poo poo out and having a good time