Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I ate the corn ribs. Good lazy man’s corn on the cob

The corn ribs are tasty but I was surprised how much cob they leave on. I had corn ribs at a restaurant once and IIRC you could eat the whole thing but I can see how that would be difficult to store and ship without breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I like to call it Trader’s Joe

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Is there regional Trader Joe’s stuff?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah TJs produce is mostly bad. The fennel is pretty good there, and the Thomcord grapes they have every August are good, but in general I agree.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

My Trader Joe’s briefly had these papadam chickpea and lentil chips that are really good but they stopped carrying them for several months, had them again for like a week, and now they’re gone again. Can you buy papadams at an Indian market that aren’t like the big ones you get in a restaurant? The big ones are all I remember seeing at the one near me and Joe is letting me down here.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I consider any food item bought in a grocery store a grocery.

Should I be buying vapes and RHINO XXL pills from trader Joe's?

I think the question was whether anyone shops for food at Trader Joe’s and no other grocery stores, not whether you only buy groceries at Trader Joe’s.

As for me, there’s no way I would be able to grocery shop at TJ’s now, though I came pretty close in college.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Fuchsia Dunlop’s books are pretty foolproof for cooking Sichuan food imo

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

The Food of Sichuan specifically. Don't get the old one, it sucked.

I like that one and Every Grain of Rice, but Land of Plenty is not as good yeah

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I had a frozen gimbap from H Mart today (fried tofu and burdock) and it was actually alright

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

Honestly what do you do with it? Just let it sit out and thaw? What happens to the rice texture?

My karaage verdict: no bueno. Even on its own merits as fried chicken it is not great. Points for the sauce actually, if there is a dip with karaage it's just a glorp of mayo and that was a frozen bag of mayo with a bit of seasoning.

Microwave for 3 minutes, then you can either eat it warm or let it cool to room temp. The rice seemed… normal, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

They look like a ripoff of the Momofuku noodles specifically, which also suck rear end