Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bessantj posted:

Here have an interesting video on Britain's best game show with one of the worst hosts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-7Wev90lw4

Rarity posted:

*hits play*

100 * 6 = 600

25 - 5 - 2 = 18

600 - 18 = 582

Ez

100 - 8 + 5 = 97

97 * 6 = 582

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was promised chaos due to the teacher strikes but yesterday at work just 4 people out of ~2600 across the country couldn’t get online for the day due to school closures.

Where is the anarchy the Daily Mail was touting?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s very difficult to find normal people against striking teachers and nurses, even channel 4 struggled to find one grumpy old man in a car to whitter about “how are we going to pay for it”

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

100 - 8 + 5 = 97

97 * 6 = 582

Ok now I'll try

18 ^ 6 = 34012224

hmm

34012224 / 25 = 1360488.96

no it's OK, i can rescue this!!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
This govt is fkin inhuman.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/feb/02/afghan-refugees-settled-in-london-told-to-uproot-families-and-move-200-miles

Sorry for not including snippet am typing one handed while shovelling frozen cream donuts into my face with the other.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s very difficult to find normal people against striking teachers and nurses, even channel 4 struggled to find one grumpy old man in a car to whitter about “how are we going to pay for it”

for years every time that train drivers went on strike the tabs would shriek about how nurses and teachers were paid even less but they were too polite to complain about it

this is what comes around

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/feb/02/afghan-refugees-settled-in-london-told-to-uproot-families-and-move-200-miles

Sorry for not including snippet am typing one handed while shovelling frozen cream donuts into my face with the other.

All righty:

quote:

Hundreds of Afghan refugees who settled in London after fleeing the Taliban 18 months ago have been told they have a week to uproot and move 200 miles away, the Guardian can reveal.

The Home Office has told 40 families with 150 children who have lived for more than a year in Kensington, west London, that they must leave the capital for another hotel in Wetherby, on the outskirts of Leeds.

Some of the refugees, who include a former Afghan general and former British army translators, say they will refuse to go because their children, already traumatised by war and displacement, will suffer again by being forced to drop out of their schools.

Others have found jobs in London and are concerned they will not find work in West Yorkshire.

death to britannia

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

Ok now I'll try

18 ^ 6 = 34012224

hmm

34012224 / 25 = 1360488.96

no it's OK, i can rescue this!!

Submitting 18 ^6 ^25 as my answer, that should keep Rachel Riley from tweeting about Corbyn at least until the heat death of the universe

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Never apologise for living the dream.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

All righty:

death to britannia

Big "go somewhere I don't have to look at you" energy from the government.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Hey at least it's not Rwanda.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

All righty:

death to britannia

These are the lucky ones. The unlucky ones got left behind to face the music so some dogs could be evacuated instead.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Or just got left behind because we're a nation of snakes who betrayed people who stuck their necks out to help us.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

Or just got left behind because we're a nation of snakes who betrayed people who stuck their necks out to help us.

Perfidious Albion: It's Not Just A NameTM

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

It just struck me because after the last few pages of dogchat it is entirely in character for the British to abandon humans in favour of dogs.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This shithole has already gone to the dogs, OP

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

old lady leaves all her wealth to Battersea dogs home while people starve on the street outside her mansion

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
My upstairs neighbour keeps letting her dog out in the shared back yard, and it keeps making GBS threads everywhere

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I suspect that's why she's letting it out.

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
Might be on to something there, but I do wish they'd clean the poo poo up. Ah well

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Noxville posted:

All Cats Are Bastards

YOIU TAKE THAT BACK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

crispix posted:

YOIU TAKE THAT BACK

It's true and you know it

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Rarity posted:

Yep, but we know that going in. Dogs are way more unpredictable.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Z the IVth posted:

It just struck me because after the last few pages of dogchat it is entirely in character for the British to abandon humans in favour of dogs.

I don't think there was anything wrong with a charity raising funds pay for a private charter to save those dogs and cats. The issue was the British Government couldn't be bothered to put in even half the amount of effort the charity did to save its people.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

peachy... posted:

Might be on to something there, but I do wish they'd clean the poo poo up. Ah well

Be a helpful neighbour and return it via their letterbox.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Rarity posted:

:wrong:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Let's be real, Cats aren't simp genetic disasters and poop way smaller and have the courtesy to atleast attempt to cover it in some way

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Well it seems the people who need to grow up and stop being scared of dogs also need to grow up and learn to take a joke!!!!!!

No really though I was only joking, people obviously should train their dogs properly. I do find it odd the whole 'ANY dog can turn at ANY moment and become a vicious killer' sentiment though. Maybe it's true but I've been around dogs my entire life and not once have I seen a normally docile and friendly dog attack someone randomly. I think when it does happens, that dog probably isn't as friendly as its owner likes to think.

Anyway, dog tax, and apologies to anyone I offended. Lexi (Chocolate), Peanut (Blondie), Kingsley (Fox). They are the best.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Diet Crack posted:

Let's be real, Cats aren't simp genetic disasters and poop way smaller and have the courtesy to atleast attempt to cover it in some way

Unsurprising you'd be holding creature's genetics against them.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Unsurprising you'd be holding creature's genetics against them.

Unsurprising to see you lurking in the thread literally all day to make some callous remark about a joke on a comedy forum because you're a lowlife and it's way above you.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
What are you blokes thoughts on dogs

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

7.5/10 - mostly smelly but does more work than the cat and actually retrieves things

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They are arseholes until they tire themselves out with all the arseholery, imo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Only Kindness posted:

What are you blokes thoughts on dogs

Alright I suppose.
Couldn't eat a whole one though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like cats because they're more like people, you have to meet them half way.

Dogs are like children in that they are excitable and not sufficiently willing to tell you to gently caress off.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

They are arseholes until they tire themselves out with all the arseholery, imo.

But enough about your opinions on NJAN99, back to dogchat

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
APEX PREDATOR

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OwlFancier posted:

I like cats because they're more like people

Noxville posted:

All Cats Are Bastards

(I joke, cats are wonderful, comparing them to humans is very unkind though)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/mhariaurora/status/1621222650960830464?s=46&t=QUjVYHt6_zTXc1Adh6vp-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Don't like the sound of lowtax tories

Well not unless they go the same way I guess