Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got a dumpster fire powered turbine. But enough about you’re posts op! :yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

shirunei posted:

i dunno why you want to use the sun since it is so far away. there's a poo poo ton of oil left here why do we gotta use the sun?

I mean, what would be even better than solar panels? Solar oil, that’s what. :hmmyes:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

A guy from the city came yesterday afternoon and turned on the solar so today is my first day of actually using it, check this poo poo out I've already planted a loving tree!!!!

Put this hippie in a barrel of crude oil. :clint:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I use the sun, to brown my buns. :yosbutt:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Internetjack posted:

I had a professor that worked at Lawrence Livermore in the '60s and '70s. He worked on the early fusion research and materials development. I'm sure its been upgraded and changed since his day, but he described the laser cannons to us.

Imagine a laser cannon the size of your living room; perhaps your whole house. Now take 6 of those and target them onto a single microscopic point. It takes a couple of hours to charge them all up, and even then there will be a huge pull on the local electric grid when fired. They had to fire at 2 AM to avoid causing a blackout. Even then though, it caused brown-outs on occasion.

The achievement in successful fusion is monumental. Its like inventing the wheel, penacillan, TV, walking on the moon, etc. It just takes a poo poo-ton of energy, and would need to be done many times per day to reap the benefits and make it a viable source of power for society. But they did proof of concept. We'll probably not see it in our lifetime, but after 100 years of refining the tech, it'll be one of the new and greatest advancements of human kind.

Also, on the advice of my professor, "You do not want to live anywhere near that lab."

Yeah well even the sun is just simple combustion so BULLSHIT.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NO GAMECUBE HAHAHAHA! :nono: :drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

im powering my house on it (:

You should use the sun to dry out dog poop so it’s easier to pick up. :haibrower: