Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
If AN wasnt scum, I could see myself voting one of TM or Circl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Given that a ton of people had JOAT powers, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. 🤷

Nah town having a wide variety of active one shots, with a lot of them being investigative, makes 2 passive always on protections way less likely to me.

Also that stuff on Moritz is as vague as you can be.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

AnonymousNarcotics (3): Voodoofly, Hal Insandenza, Tired Moritz
CirclMastr (2): Illusionis, Green Wing
Tired Moritz (1): AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (3): CirclMastr, Idle Amalgam, saladscooper

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 28th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If we're set on AN, can we just hammer
Yes, I know this will make me so sus but they're not even defending themselves

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Tired Moritz posted:

If we're set on AN, can we just hammer
Yes, I know this will make me so sus but they're not even defending themselves

I'm a big believer in speeding this along at this stage ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Good morning friends

##vote AN is what we seem to be doing?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: AnonymousNarcotics, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 5
With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 28th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

AnonymousNarcotics (5): Voodoofly, Hal Insandenza, Tired Moritz, Green Wing, saladscooper
CirclMastr (1): Illusionis, Green Wing, Green Wing
Tired Moritz (1): AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (2): CirclMastr, Idle Amalgam

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 28th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

It didn’t take long for the remaining crew to reach a consensus. AnonymousNarcotics, sensing that they were cornered, suddenly produced two 2-foot long serrated blades directly out of each arm, their tips dripping with some kind of exotic poison. One cold blooded killing machine, as deadly as they are, isn’t a match for 8 people wielding various pieces of furniture however.

AnonymousNarcotics, Sara Bukhari (Scum-aligned Killer) has been beaten to death Day 5.

quote:

Sara Bukhari (Scum-aligned Killer).

A vicious and efficient assassin in your previous life, enlightenment has only honed your killing abilities. Your current cover is as station fitter and fabricator.
When performing the factional night kill you may add one of the following one shot modifiers:

1 x Ninja: Moving clandestinely through the station, you eliminate your target without leaving a trace. Night kill will not be spotted by watch, track or similar actions.

1 x Janitor: The use of maximum destruction ensures that not one trace remains of your victim. Killed player will have their flip redacted.

1 x Juggernaut: Maximum violence allows you to break through any barriers in your way. Night kill becomes unblockable and will penetrate most protections.

You win when Scum control the vote.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

They awoke to find their spate of good luck well and truly over. Hal had obviously decided to do some late night work in the station’s fabrication workshop. Maybe it was an accident but it seems unlikely that someone of his advanced experience would shove their head face first into a running bandsaw.

Hal Insandenza, Sypha Yamada (Town-aligned Vanilla) has been hemisected Night 5.

quote:

Sypha Yamada (Town-aligned Vanilla)

You are the resident station engineer responsible for all maintenance activity and repairs. Unfortunately for you hiveslug infestation is not exactly within your area of expertise.
You have no powers apart from the ability to post and vote in thread.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (7): CirclMastr, Green Wing, Idle Amalgam, Illusionis, saladscooper, Tired Moritz, Voodoofly

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 30th, 2022 at 1 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##vote Circl

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote Circl

It's probably Circl yeah, did you get an action out of copycat last night?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Or did somebody get a charge? Otherwise this seems pretty clear

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
nope, nothing at all

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Alright, I'm gonna wait for confimation on no charge from Voodoo and GW, but this should be pretty much over.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tired Moritz posted:

nope, nothing at all

Ok I guess that clinches it then.

##vote Circl

if it somehow still isn’t Circl we lunch Voodoo tomorrow imo

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
The only thing giving me pause about Circl is the bus drive poo poo from N2, though I guess scum really did bus drive as a means of killing Opop

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

quote:

1 x Redirect: Powerful attraction pheromones may allow you to redirect one player's actions onto another of your choice.

I'm guessing this is what happened with Binus's BP and the busdrive went somewhere else. It would explain why Dy claimed that antitode use incase somebody saw that visit to Binus.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Illusionis posted:

Alright, I'm gonna wait for confimation on no charge from Voodoo and GW, but this should be pretty much over.

Nothing on me

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My action failed last night.

##vote Voodoo

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I'm still vaguely wondering if TM is bamboozling us but given there is now certainly only one scum left, we have three bites at the cherry to tie a bow on this.

##vote CirclMastr

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Yeah lets keep this going ##vote CirclMaster

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: CirclMastr is hammered? Oh well, they won't be missed.

Votecount for Day 6
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 30th, 2022 at 1 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

It didn’t take long for the crew to narrow down the remaining suspects. Sure Circ had an answer for where he’d been every night but his ‘alibis’ were full of holes, with no one left who could even verify them. As they gathered around him he suddenly produced a knife from his jacket and pressed it to his own throat.
“All hail the hive.” He exclaimed as the blade ran across his neck.

CirclMastr, Karl Xuaz (Scum-aligned Leader) has been martyred Day 6.

quote:

Karl Xuaz (Scum-aligned Leader).

The first of your cohort to undergo enlightenment you have shown great resourcefulness for the hive and have been awarded for your efforts. Your current cover is as station Sub-Commander.
As leader of this particular brood your powers are advanced. Once per night you may recharge a select comrade, regenerating one of their one shot abilities. You may not target the same player two night in a row. This action is remote and will not register as a visit. The action itself however will still be detectable. In addition you are permanently bulletproof.

You win when Scum control the vote.

Green Wing, Amos Markovic (Town-aligned Tainted Universal Backup),
Tired Moritz, Camina Vella (Town-aligned Tainted Empath),
saladscooper, Gianni Newdry (Town-aligned Tainted Wanderer),
Illusionis, Gwen Jones (Town-aligned Security),
Voodoofly, Chandra Murtry (Town-aligned Medic) and
Idle Amalgam, Winston de Silva (Town-aligned Vanilla) have reached endgame and achieved a TOWN victory!

quote:

Amos Markovic (Town-aligned Tainted Universal Backup)

Infected at a young age you grew up inside the hive. Freed only as an adult it has taken you some time to adjust. The lingering effects of infection gives you a close link to those around you. Even absorbing their skills wholesale if some kind of traumatic event befalls them. You currently work as station line cook and cleaner.
You will automatically take on the role and abilities of the first non-tainted town power role to die. Any one shot abilities they have already used will not be recharged however.

quote:

Camina Vella (Town-aligned Tainted Empath)

Even before your assimilation into the hive you always felt a strong connection with other people. Now, finally free, only the lingering effects of infection remain. Sometimes you still feel the weak links to those around you, guiding and even enhancing your actions. You currently work as station administration clerk.
Once per night you may target one player. You will then perform the same action as another random player on your target. The action will always be a copy of a one shot ability used the same night. If the action copied targets two people the second one will be random. You will also be informed what action you took. You will never copy killing actions.

quote:

Gianni Newdry (Town-aligned Tainted Wanderer)

You've always had itchy feet, never staying in one place for long. The hive saw use for that potential and you were quickly designating as an elite vanguard drone. Now separated from its control you are looking to forge your own path. Remnants of your intensive bio-augmentations has left you with incredibly vivid dreams. Sometimes you could even swear they were real... You currently work as a member of the station’s maintenance crew.
Every night you will compulsively visit one random player. On odd nights your self-preservation protocols kick in. Any actions targeting you will instead hit your target. On even nights your protection protocols kick in. Any actions that would have hit your target will instead hit you. Although you have no control over target selection you will be informed who your target was each night.

quote:

Gwen Jones (Town-aligned Security)

You've been at this station longer than anyone and know the layout like the back of you hand. Hiveslug scum won't be moving around unimpeded on your watch.
Once per night you may use one of the following one shot abilities:

1 x Watch: You observe your target through the night, informing you of any visitors they may have.

1 x Track: You tail your target through the night informing you of anyone they visit.

1 x Bodyguard: You stand watch over your target, if they are targeted by a killing action that night it will instead hit you.

quote:

Chandra Murtry (Town-aligned Medic)

A hardened marine veteran you've taken semi-retirement as the attending station medic at this backwater outpost. While you have a vast bank of combat experience this is your first time coming up against a hiveslug infestation.
Once per night you may use on of the following one shot abilities:
1 x Doctor: Using your extensive medical experience you can repair even the most grave wounds. Target is protected from night kills.

1 x Roleblock: Using a high dose of sedatives can ensure a potential trouble maker sleeps right through the night. Target is blocked from performing any actions.

1 x Enhance: A custom mix of borderline illegal stimulants can ensure your patient acts with increased vigour. If your target performs an action it will become enhanced. Actions will become unblockable. Protection based actions will also block enhanced kills.

quote:

Winston de Silva (Town-aligned Vanilla)

You are station botanist, responsible for the care of the outpost’s food and oxygen producing vegetation. You have dealt with hiveslugs only once, when you barely escaped with your life.
You have no powers apart from the ability to post and vote in thread.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Setup info:
- 4 x regular scum , 3 JOATs and a recharger. Scum had to choose a member to join masonry
- 1 x scum traitor inside masonry
- 1 x bounty Hunter, targets masons and scum. Could choose to investigate, kill or protect themselves each night.
- 3 x town in masonry, powers of varying utility / random results to an extent.
- 5 x town JOATs
- 3 x Vanilla

JOATs all had 3 one shots each, there were no duplicated abilities. A few setup blind spots on my part and some luck for town effectively lead to scum being cornering fairly early with night actions. TMor in particular really helped town by confirming night actions and effectively doubling town’s cop actions by shear luck. Sorry again to scum if they felt the setup was against them.

I’m still learning so feel free to add anymore comments on the setup.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Probably less binary clears for town. I had a cop, someone had a gunsmith, etc. you should have let poisoner dodge gunsmith and given the scum a godfather of some sort. Maybe throw in a miller or one of those “hands out non-lethal guns” roles to make it so the investigations are not so trustworthy.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Good game! This is just a personal preference but I would have liked to be given a fake claim. Dy making up a fake claim screwed him over, and mine kinda messed up bc it clashed with circls

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Gg nice job town

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Well played for town, nice job.

I’m bummed that I blew what I thought was a decent scum game with a bad fake claim but it happens. On the upside the last week has been so crazy for me that I probably wouldn’t have been able to participate if I survived anyway.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Thanks for the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven