Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

OwlFancier posted:

I banged my head against sulla like a dozen times and then got balteus first go tbh, I think sulla is harder.

Took me 3 goes on Balteus but that was my experience too. Felt like I was getting completely walled out by Sulla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Is there a shorthand for types of builds (like str, dex, int would be in a fantasy game)? Aside from the weaponry types I’m not sure what the stats mean on the mech parts. I honestly haven’t swapped parts much aside from higher hp and getting some missiles.

Clipping along at an ok pace though, just getting into the chapter missions proper now.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
pve builds dont matter cuz you can win with pretty much anything, pvp is hyperfocused on a small number of pretty standardized meta builds that rps with each other and then off meta stuff thats less successful. theyre usually defined by strategy (and to a smaller extent weight) than by say damage types.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Fifteen of Many posted:

Is there a shorthand for types of builds (like str, dex, int would be in a fantasy game)? Aside from the weaponry types I’m not sure what the stats mean on the mech parts. I honestly haven’t swapped parts much aside from higher hp and getting some missiles.

Clipping along at an ok pace though, just getting into the chapter missions proper now.

Upsettingly there are a ton of stats that make a huge difference to your performance but which are barely explained or taught to the player. I recommend finding some youtube videos to dig into stuff like your generator and fire control and arms and poo poo.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just switched to wheelchair legs and zooming around making GBS threads missiles and lasers everywhere is preeeeeeetty fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guntank wooooooooooooooooooooo

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"Builds" in pve are gonna be describing your general build(mobility, carry weight and general strategy starts with the legs) and guns. You can full clear the game with a gimmick lovely junker mech so it's pretty forgiving once you know how to win each individual fight.

Once you get into the arena you can spend good boy points on boosting specific damage types by up to 15% but this isn't so important you won't mix weapons anyway. +15% to bullets won't invalidate a grenade cannon on your shoulder to punish stunned enemies. There's also, much later, a few gear setups to do things like juice energy weapon/melee damage.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

my buddy who played Elden ring and sekiro is gonna pick this up! what can I tell him to make the experience easier do you think. I’ll warn him that the stats need a few minutes of research and probably just go through that with him while he streams, what are some other good fundamentals I can communicate to help early on?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
shoot the bad guys and try not to die

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
There's only really two meta-game things that should be shared until they need help actually beating something.

Beat the game 3 times, swap mission choices on run 2, do the new stuff on run 3.

And items are bullshit and don't exist in most stages, lol.

The rest is best experienced blind cause once you're good you can't unsee how to no-sell most of the game.

Oh, maybe three things, since I nearly beat my entire first run not knowing how touchy the lock on is. :shobon:

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Sword is strong vs helicopter.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

My pro tip is, every button is rebindable. If, like me, you are constantly activating assault boost because you push the sticks down when you're stressed, you can just rebind that!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
For the life of me I can't get a tanky build to click. I'm on my third playthough and my first two were with lightweight builds, first was double zimms and shoulder rockets, second was with pistols and songbirds/earshot. Tried a treaded build for the final run but I feel slow and stupid despite the extra AP. What am I missing? Are there specific guns and shoulder weapons that work better with the tanks?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Pro tip is getting the weapon bays and kick asap.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's not strictly necessary but the main strength of treads is letting you move at full speed while using heavy weapons like grenade launchers, bazookas, and shoulder energy guns. Try loading up on those and just ripple firing them one at a time (to dodge catch ACs) while you move sideways.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Tirade posted:

For the life of me I can't get a tanky build to click. I'm on my third playthough and my first two were with lightweight builds, first was double zimms and shoulder rockets, second was with pistols and songbirds/earshot. Tried a treaded build for the final run but I feel slow and stupid despite the extra AP. What am I missing? Are there specific guns and shoulder weapons that work better with the tanks?

try dual gatlings and literally anything. however treads don’t work equally well for all missions more so than another leg type imo

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Sell back for 100% is the pro tip that leads to experimentation which can be a very run part of the game.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
The plasma rifle is one of my favorite guns ever and pairs nicely with a pistol

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Melee poo poo is my advice

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
PCA warrant officer more like PESKY CRUEL rear end in a top hat WARRANT OFFICER gently caress

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

Melee poo poo is my advice

Yeah, any time you’re fighting a boss that tries to move away from you that’s your cue to get in their face and stab it.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

my buddy who played Elden ring and sekiro is gonna pick this up! what can I tell him to make the experience easier do you think. I’ll warn him that the stats need a few minutes of research and probably just go through that with him while he streams, what are some other good fundamentals I can communicate to help early on?

Never farm COAM.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully

Rascyc posted:

Sell back for 100% is the pro tip that leads to experimentation which can be a very run part of the game.

Honestly, I was roadblocked by Balteus until I realized I could just sell all my stuff and experiment with something else without any penalty.
Then I got him on the first try with tank treads+ dual smg + dual laser cannons.

I found that I can pretty much steamroll through anything with tank treads + dual zimms + dual laser cannons.

Overall, I really really like the game. I was pretty apprehensive coming in, as I’ve never played AC prior to this and I was coming fresh off ER and DS3. But honestly, AC6 has been awesome. It’s really easy to pick it up for 10-15 minutes and do a mission or two. The movement and controls are smooth, the gameplay is solid.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Never farm COAM.

I farmed COAM all the time because it's so much more convenient to have all potential parts available when trying to figure out which part has the stats you need.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

I farmed COAM all the time because it's so much more convenient to have all potential parts available when trying to figure out which part has the stats you need.

I never had an issue on my first playthrough, though I also wasn't adjusting my build very often unless I absolutely hit a wall. I never felt constrained by it or felt the need to sell back parts to try parts I didn't have. I do feel like my experience may be atypical though. It probably helps that I eventually settled into a gotta-go-fast build and almost entirely eschewed Zimmermans, Songbirds, and Tank Treads save for a few meme builds (Oops All Lasers Tank)

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
The PCA Warrant Officer was being a big dumb meanie but I swapped to a double Gatling double songbird tank and he went down like a dog.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fifteen of Many posted:

The PCA Warrant Officer was being a big dumb meanie but I swapped to a double Gatling double songbird tank and he went down like a dog.

Did you also beat Ring Freddy in the same run?

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I don’t think I’ve run into him outside of the arena.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

He's a little out of the way & close to a data log IIRC; one of the more memorable encounters in the game for me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fifteen of Many posted:

The official "gently caress my score I just need to progress the story" build

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
240 :stonk:

I keep getting it to like 25% on its second health bar. Come on internet complaining, grant me the power to crush my enemy!

Edit: it worked :lmao:

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 15, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/t_features/status/1780400823601901759

New figure of Ayre

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I started playing this a few days ago. Game owns.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Honestly, I just want a decent scale model of Walter/HAL-826. I love the design on that thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/KKisGOT/status/1781576569825497238?t=0BdYdOM4GkGyTmzlV9K7fQ&s=19

Iguazu riding a Bone Wheel just makes the Bone Wheel less intimidating, imo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/KKisGOT/status/1781576569825497238?t=0BdYdOM4GkGyTmzlV9K7fQ&s=19

Iguazu riding a Bone Wheel just makes the Bone Wheel less intimidating, imo.

On the other hand, it's a heck of a Victory Gundam riff. And Iguazu is still more intimidating than Chronicle.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm in chapter three doing some mission for Balam involving the wall and killing an HC. I quit out of it because it wasn't giving me an option to start from any checkpoints after I changed my ac build, and now the mission is just gone? Will that happen with any other mission I quit out of?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That mission doesn't have any checkpoints iirc so that's normal.

Missions can't really be failed so I'm not sure what's going on there. It is a decision mission I think so if you did the alternative mission it's gone for your current run.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks!