Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Smugworth posted:

:agesilaus:

The series sucked tho
Since you immediately beat my score by a few years (a translated copy of the Swedish book Bröderna Lejonhjärta in 2000 for me!) I am instead going to just encourage you to click "cancel order" there and see what happens

"This book is running late"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Smugworth posted:

The cancel button just brings me back to the cancel page

The problem with order button doesn't do much good either
Thank you, that worked perfectly. I was surprised the orders actually went that far back, but then realized that actually interacting with them would probably confuse the system, and I am glad to see I am right

I bet you can only actually access orders from the last like five years or something

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Leviathan Song posted:

I have a friend who met his wife by matching interests and messaging her on facebook.

I had a firstname.lastname gmail account.

I miss that internet.
This thread immediately reminded me of how I did not use Amazon until years after I had already started engaging in the magical world of e-commerce, as I used to get albums by TELNETTING in to CDconnection.com in the mid-1990s, and to this day I remain astounded that you could ever buy things over Telnet

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
The Zune deserved better

It was the last standalone .MP3 player I really liked. Even though I have to acknowledge I have appreciated my now like 10-year-old FiiO X1 player many a time when I was somewhere with no cell service, a problem I definitely thought we would have eliminated by 2022

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You are aware that you can store mp3s on your phone, right?
:chanpop:

I used to do that but I would inevitably run out of space immediately and then get mad having to decide between songs and barely-used programs. I suspect this would no longer be a problem with modern phones but I mean, I already have the player with 60 gigabytes of all my top pre-2013 jams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Spinz posted:

How the hell can you guys remember this

And don't tell me you're still on your 1st account, No way
I have had a HotMail account since I was a kid in like 1996? and that was like my fifth e-mail account already. It just happened to be the only service I used then that survived relatively unscathed to this day AND happened to be where I started buying things on Amazon.

Though I think ostensibly I still have a Mail.com account but they started wiping the storage of accounts that did not log in for 6 months at some point and uh, yeah, I definitely do not necessarily log in to most of my "garbage account I use when buying/signing up for things" accounts often

I know this is not a "lol old Internet" nostalgia thread but along these lines I could not get over how bizarre it was when about a year ago I logged in to my Ultima Dragons account that I had literally not logged into since about 1999, and I imagine ~20 years between logins is nearing a weird record