Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
GW's board games tend to be mediocre and more reliant on production values than game quality, in any event. the value proposition on almost all of them is nostalgia revival or giant premium box of high-quality miniatures or both. you're generally not missing out on some sort of classic you're gonna pull out of the closet again and again, or some entertaining long-term campaign game.

if you're eyeballing any WHQ box, i highly recommend Descent LOTD or Gloomhaven/Frosthaven instead. maybe Blackstone is better but Cursed City was a boring slog with too much turn-skipping randomness.

this is all setting aside blood bowl, which kinda is a nostalgia game at this point but is also its own thing, and WHU, which is a weird trihybrid but excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Anyways, its too late now the box is on its way, ill report back to you guys what i think of it when i play it a few times, either ways i got a bunch of very cool 40k minis out of it so im fine either ways.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Annointed posted:

Voidscarred Corsairs never won a major. The glass cannon all or nothing Playstyle tends to flounder when not many rerolls.

Okay yeah that does it I'm fully sold on the team. I'm not very good at these games but part of it is that I like having exciting things happen in them more than I like winning, and thus cannot resist big, bold all-in plays that either fail or succeed spectacularly on a single die roll. If Corsairs are conducive to playing like that then I'm definitely getting them.

Still, not adding to the pile of shame yet. Gotta do the starter set teams first. Keeping the Kommandos, and I promised a friend who doesn't like to paint that I'd sell him the vet guard when I paint them. This was actually a lie though he's getting them as a birthday gift

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Wow am I glad I fell for FOMO for the WQ: Blackstone game, out of curiosity I went back to amazon to see what the prices are after I bought the last copy, and they're all a hundred dollars more expensive now.