Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So I got the Starter KT box with Kommandos and Death Korps. Should I get another box for more terrain and kill teams? Realistically I'm probably not gonna play an actual game of KT for another few years, until my 5 year old is older and his mom lets him consume more violent media. But I gotta case of FOMO and an addiction to buying stuff. Thinking about the Into the Dark box or Moroch. Hell the Pariah Nexus seems affordable? But might be trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Why is the warcry starter set dogshit compared to the Kill Team one

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Mighta made the mistake of trying to get into Underworlds. Got the 2021 starter set for store credit and bought one of the gobbo warbands from Harrowdeep. Maybe this will be a bit more accessible than KT or 40k for me and the kiddo.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

hoiyes posted:

There's rules for playing without the tactics rivals cards at all (just the fighter cards for stats) in the current White Dwarf, that I've been looking at for playing with the kids (7 & 6), it's probably wildly imbalanced so I've been meaning to try to suss out the 'weaker' teams from what I have. Then maybe trying to get the new re-release box with the four old teams in it. Though iuhave is hunch they might just vanish instantly on sale.

What's this about a rerelease box?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Ah drat, great time to be broke. And yeah I bet this goes fast.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Isn't some of the business model just preying on FOMO? They don't really have a problem of not selling out most of the time at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Is the most recent Underworlds starter set worth getting for $35 from Barnes and Noble if I already have the 2021 set? I know its two other different warbands, and the orignal from 2021 don't have Magic dice.