Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
For me it was 2017, i was carpooling w some ladies from school.

"Look at that n****rbitch driving and causing traffic" i heard from the front seat. I must have looked noticeably upset bc she followed up with "what's the matter, does thatword bother you??" Rather than condemning the racism, i took the cowards way out and kept quiet.

Oddly enough, i havent heard it since. I work construction so you'd figure it'd come up but oddly enough, no. Maybe people can tell i am Woke and will not tolerate that kinda language

What about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Heard my grandpa say it during an Obama press conference he was watching

He's dead now so cool

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

like... 2008-2009? Someone called my ex a sand n and then she got pissed at me for not doing anything outside yelling at the dude, neglecting that I was on probation and was not allowed to physically attack the dude without doing at least 90 days, probably just doing the whole year.

edit: was off by 2 whole years because I'm getting old and time flies

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 21, 2022

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCV5hro9ecs

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Doing Christmas with the family this year so.... negative 3 days.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Thanksgiving.

We watched this after dinner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZT7xLjxuhs

So it's not IRL. I just like Blazing Saddles.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alright well RACIST loving KIWANIS still don’t understand how they’re not going to use that word so..

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm black and buff so I've never heard it in my presence

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have roots and I’ve heard it used towards me plenty of times. Bunch of racist piece of poo poo klansmen in blackface told me that was their word. They’re all dead now.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
If I had to say the last time I heard it audibly as a pejorative would've been some rear end in a top hat on xbox live 4-5 years ago, however the most recent time I heard it in-person was :wtf:

I moved across the country late fall 2015. During the trip, my moving trailer was stolen just outside of Graceland, across the border in Southaven Mississippi. Literally as the saying goes 'all of my worldly possessions', which wasn't much. I was bringing home a bed, dresser, some clothes, a TV, etc. Nothing of value, but all of it of value to me. Anyway, the group who stole my stuff were arrested a few weeks later and the Memphis PD recovered a tiny bit of my stolen property (weirdly the most valuable poo poo, like my dumb gaming PC, but none of the stuff that I actually cared about :sigh:)

To recover my stolen property, I had to fly out to Memphis and go to the main police station. Once there I met with the detective on the case (they arrested these guys on something totally unrelated, but the thieves had kept random souvenir poo poo like plane ticket stubs :confused: which was how he found me)

Detective walks me down to the lock-up/inventory place, and the POC woman clerk had to go through and individually count out every.single.thing that was being returned, which included a couple large fistfuls of international change that I'd picked up in various travels. While the clerk was going through the process, she asked how my stuff got stolen and I said "yeah, I was moving across country, and I was driving through here, and I stopped at the hotel one night, and woke up the next morning and the trailer was gone. Dumb on those guys parts because I didn't have anything worth a value" and I sorta waved around at all my poo poo laid out on the counter, and the black woman without missing a beat says "n-word" with the Hard R.

The detective was a white dude and he just shook his head. In retrospect, he had been working really hard to not use that term when he was talking to me, a fairly obvious white male computer geek from California.

:dafuq::dafuq::dafuq:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
A man on the Minneapolis #5 bus demanded that I call his friend one, I demurred.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
PNW coastal so basically never since I was a kid, that's straight fighting words here. You say it you need to be ready to drop the gloves, you know what you are doing.

Pejorative words for indigenous or Asian people, well, depends on the crowd you are with. Gotta have numbers if you want to play like that kind of shithead. Or be a cop.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vampire Panties posted:

If I had to say the last time I heard it audibly as a pejorative would've been some rear end in a top hat on xbox live 4-5 years ago, however the most recent time I heard it in-person was :wtf:

I moved across the country late fall 2015. During the trip, my moving trailer was stolen just outside of Graceland, across the border in Southaven Mississippi. Literally as the saying goes 'all of my worldly possessions', which wasn't much. I was bringing home a bed, dresser, some clothes, a TV, etc. Nothing of value, but all of it of value to me. Anyway, the group who stole my stuff were arrested a few weeks later and the Memphis PD recovered a tiny bit of my stolen property (weirdly the most valuable poo poo, like my dumb gaming PC, but none of the stuff that I actually cared about :sigh:)

To recover my stolen property, I had to fly out to Memphis and go to the main police station. Once there I met with the detective on the case (they arrested these guys on something totally unrelated, but the thieves had kept random souvenir poo poo like plane ticket stubs :confused: which was how he found me)

Detective walks me down to the lock-up/inventory place, and the POC woman clerk had to go through and individually count out every.single.thing that was being returned, which included a couple large fistfuls of international change that I'd picked up in various travels. While the clerk was going through the process, she asked how my stuff got stolen and I said "yeah, I was moving across country, and I was driving through here, and I stopped at the hotel one night, and woke up the next morning and the trailer was gone. Dumb on those guys parts because I didn't have anything worth a value" and I sorta waved around at all my poo poo laid out on the counter, and the black woman without missing a beat says "n-word" with the Hard R.

The detective was a white dude and he just shook his head. In retrospect, he had been working really hard to not use that term when he was talking to me, a fairly obvious white male computer geek from California.

:dafuq::dafuq::dafuq:

Yeah it’s always the “walking on eggshells” racism with these California pricks. It’s either, hey qualified engineer, you didn’t invent that, you stole that from master, so everyone is entitled to free use despite patents and published papers, and then later it’s “oh sorry we thought you were black or chinese”. Or its, “hey how come you wear your hair like that, are you doing that just to impress me, I bet you are you cute little animal” or “I am a racist who is scared of black men with broad shoulders, so I am inherently the victim of any conversation I initiate”. But it’s not racism because now the only objective form of racism is actually just using the n-word, everything else is military grade stealth racism that is undetectable by authorities and therefore fair game.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 22, 2022

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in a Nissan and saw a Waffle House.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zeluth posted:

I'm in a Nissan and saw a Waffle House.

That’s... racist? :thunkin:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
offtopic but ive never heard the k-word used sincerely once in my life despite being around a bunch of jewish people but i have heard 'sid used as a slur (in upstate new york)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You say it every time you say the word vinegar :smug:

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Last night when Screamer, a local unhoused individual, yelled it at me while picking up my dog's poo poo.

I don't know why, either.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devils Affricate posted:

You say it every time you say the word vinegar :smug:

I say it everytime I bump a Redman tape in the whip. What am I gonna do, say the lyrics and take a big awkward racist pause to not say part of the track? :thunk:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I play Call of Duty online so every day OP.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I grew up in Boston, so despite being around raging racists throughout most of my life, I've never actually heard the hard R.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Irl? My dad... :( he is a POC but grew up in a farm town.

Online? All the goddamn time. Youtube comments section, babeyyyyyyy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I live in coastal CA and don't play online games or spend time around chuds so it's been quite a long time. My black friend in high school used to say it as a kind of anti racist shock to the system, and I heard it from a Swedish redneck who is a relative of my partner about 5 years ago

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm half black so in high school a bunch of my friends would say it to be edgy around me. Those people aren't my friends any more and I don't know where they are now. Probably on fent.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Like eight months ago? Was working in a welding shop where over half the crew was horribly racist. N bombs, sand n's, n rigged wiring, hard f's, you name it. The loving owner of this multi hundred million dollar company included. I didn't last too long there. Loved the work, hated the people.

This was maybe 12 miles outside a very progressive college town in the pnw. It's crazy what a quick drive does once you hit the county.

poo poo, just remembered there was a legally blind black dude that worked there, helping sweep and take out garbages and stuff. One of the welders would refer to him as Toby. no, that was not his name

Roundup Ready fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 22, 2022

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it’s cool when like wu-tang says it, but it’s racist when somebody like drake says it, and not only because of the supporting lyrical content but also because he is a Disney product. The same way I look at the academy as racist pieces of poo poo, like hmmm use is OK if it’s some sort of historical context where a slave owner is directly calling a slave that word, and those films win oscars because they rehash the glory days of unbridled dominion over minorities and that gives their members a sense of calm and reassurance like a stupid loving dog. For them it’s like, hell our power and reach is so robust that we can actually pay a black man to say racist poo poo for us, consequence free.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yesterday, between two customers talking at work

I live in Missouri though, where people are barely literate and I'm surprised when I meet someone who can wipe their own rear end

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Borscht posted:

A man on the Minneapolis #5 bus demanded that I call his friend one, I demurred.

Rude

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it’s like how recently sports teams had to remove all semblance and reference to native Americans, which is effectively whitewashing the league, but it was packaged as an anti-racist movement. So naturally people without strong opinions on the matter (the majority) have to say, “well golly I don’t know how most native Americans feel about it, but I don’t want to be racist so..” and then wow everybody just got bamboozled and suddenly Native American is the dirty word and the league is whitewashed and boy aren’t racists just so happy to be rid of references or prowess to that part of american history. It’s always these pushes where the majority isn’t really effected by the sentiment, but are convinced that some sacrifice right in front of their eyes is the moral necessity. :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean if rich white people can drive jeep grand Cherokees, why can’t a sports team adopt a tribal name as a local homage rather than changing it to something completely else? Like yeah historically ingrained and inaccurate language needs a review, but I don’t think obscuring American history should be an integral or inherent part of this parsing of language.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I think it’s like how recently sports teams had to remove all semblance and reference to native Americans, which is effectively whitewashing the league, but it was packaged as an anti-racist movement. So naturally people without strong opinions on the matter (the majority) have to say, “well golly I don’t know how most native Americans feel about it, but I don’t want to be racist so..” and then wow everybody just got bamboozled and suddenly Native American is the dirty word and the league is whitewashed and boy aren’t racists just so happy to be rid of references or prowess to that part of american history. It’s always these pushes where the majority isn’t really effected by the sentiment, but are convinced that some sacrifice right in front of their eyes is the moral necessity. :shrug:

I dont think having a football team named after a racial slur for native americans is anti-racist

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

I mean if rich white people can drive jeep grand Cherokees, why can’t a sports team adopt a tribal name as a local homage rather than changing it to something completely else? Like yeah historically ingrained and inaccurate language needs a review, but I don’t think obscuring American history should be an integral or inherent part of this parsing of language.

I've been thinking about this, and excuse me if I get this wrong, but are you saying that people should say the n word with a hard r because it's an integral part of American history and language?? Or that cars should be named after the n word...?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Might be time to put ClamdestineBoyster back in the probation box

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buschmaki posted:

I dont think having a football team named after a racial slur for native americans is anti-racist

So change it to a legit tribal name, dont omit the culture.

Anyways the more accurate name for what slave owners called their slaves is Jesus Christ, not the n word.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buschmaki posted:

I've been thinking about this, and excuse me if I get this wrong, but are you saying that people should say the n word with a hard r because it's an integral part of American history and language?? Or that cars should be named after the n word...?

That is what you said. Don’t posit it as a question.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I teach 7th grade middle school man, hear it from kids way too many times. Usually ends up with some street justice. Last year a group of white kids were like having a competition of who could say it the most times in a day before getting into a fight.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

So change it to a legit tribal name, dont omit the culture.

Anyways the more accurate name for what slave owners called their slaves is Jesus Christ, not the n word.

That is what you said. Don’t posit it as a question.

???

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

In 2019, I was walking back to work in downtown Chicago after grabbing some lunch. A guy walking in the opposite direction passed me and spoke angrily in another language at me. Then he peppered it into a sentence He definitely made sure I heard the entire word, hard R. Then he spat at me. The motherfucker. Hope every day he's had since has been extremely awful, in the worst way possible.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

last night playing call of duty why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

I grew up in Boston, so despite being around raging racists throughout most of my life, I've never actually heard the hard R.

:lol:

Southern New England here. If I haven’t heard it in the last week, I’ll probably hear it again on Christmas Eve after the eggnog gets going.