Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I will play the mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Film reference! (I've never seen it)

wologar posted:

Also, preemptive measure.

##vote Green Wing

This is only going to get more funny every time, I'm sure!

Also, voting before the game starts, instant modkill who's with me.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

When has this happened before? :goofy:

In the last game I was in! It wasn't you but it was somebody.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I got back from my holidays yesterday and haven't yet remembered how to do my job, but thankfully nobody has really asked me to do anything so I'm hoping I can just keep very quiet until my next substantial booked leave in, like, Easter.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

I voted GW for consistency, but I'm ok switching to Illu.

ANarc has what looks like a real vote on Grandi.

"I picked GW as my realvote so that it was consistent with my jokevote" hmmmm hmmmmm

I'll post some content later I'm swamped at work right now, have had to withdraw my registration for eccogame as there is no way I'm going to be able to do two games at once, that was a silly thought.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Love to fall asleep straight after work and wake up at 2300,that's not going to ruin my sleep schedule at all. Reading the thread now.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

ooooh ohoooooh ! You're feeling vbery sleepy !!!

It was you!!

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Plastic/wol/humalong thing feels very weird, I don't like plastic from that at all.

I don't like Maer here:

Maerlyn posted:

Eh people seem to be going from jokey to serious very rapidly and it's weird. There's about a day left before deadline though so here's what's jumped out at me so far:

I did get weird vibes from wolo's vote on green wing before Cena had even started the game; I always have this feeling of wolo being kinda aloof and like I commented he seemed oddly eager. The arsonist comment was weird too initially but I had forgotten that Milton burned the building down, I just remember him as freaking out about his stapler.

Setup spec in general or in Cena games is risky though; he put a Matrix character in HOA mafia, lol. I don't know that it makes sense to have an arsonist in a 15 player game but I'm not gonna worry about that too much for now.

Tentative town vibe on Plastic because I don't see him doing stuff like this if scum:

Sand already said as much but it's a little more direct than I expect from Plastic.

Bad awkward effort post.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

Ok, for real: Illusionis, Toalpaz and Green Wing have done nothing.

Illu's only contribution is a drive-by joke vote on Grandi.
Toal at the very least said "see you at deadline" which is lol.
GW showed up at day start and disappeared.

QED: Lunch all lurkers.

Awful post that was correctly ided as an early lurker push.

Also add I set in previews:

wologar posted:

Ehhh. The "my joke vote is now a serious one" routine is something I've seen scum do.

Genuinely lol at you saying this after doing this *to me* earlier in this day

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

But do you like Humalong/me? :wink:

I get a heavy ping from you and get not much fun humalong

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

The way that Illu reacts to binus asking for VT claims pings me very hard.

I can see the scumminess in Rhymes and would be willing to vote there but tbqh they're not top of my list.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I literally have never seen a second of Office Space soo.

##Vote: OA

Leaping in to defend a supposedly obvious joke comment from another player for easy town cred.

This is Plastic's last post - hasn't posted since giving the really weird responses about the film reference thing. It reads to me like lying low after a misplay.

Scum reads: plastic, wol, Illu, RWC, Maerlyn, in that order.

##vote PlasticAutomaton

I'm going back to sleep now but given how screwed my sleep schedule is I'm just going to set a deadline alarm to wake up and see if I need to change my vote avoid a no-kill or something.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

:thunk:

I mean, that post raised an eyebrow from me, but I don't think Sandwolf would just imply he's the arsonist right during the arsonist discussion if he really was the arsonist.

Arsonist.

This is not a post about scum roles that uninformed town makes - this goes beyond a film reference now and just an assertion about scum roles.

Wologar has overtaken plastic on my scum reads after this post. No way this is a town post.

##vote wologar

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

Hmmm? Why would you think an arsonist is a scum role? Why not 3p?

Do you know it's a scum role?

Because it's by definition a scum role like poisoner?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

Because it's by definition a scum role like poisoner?

OK I just looked it up and this isn't true at all but I still think wologar's posts are stinky

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I'm awake and could hammer if necessary but I don't think we're in serious danger of no lunch.

Speaking of:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote rwc no lunch is bad

If RWC flips Town this is an awful vote, there wasn't any serious danger of this and it reads like noticing the consensus was starting to drift away from RWC being scum and wanting to declare it and make it an inevitability (which it now is)

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Morning. I can barely believe that the vote failed, when I turned in it looked like it was a done deal. I would've just hammered but it was two hours to deadline, people were about, it was -1 and 2am. I'm pretty mad about it!

But I think this has backfired for scum due to what I assume is a vig shot.

Agree with the previous posts that it seems likely scum were among those who let this happen.

Toal was pretty actively trying to get the vote off rwc. I don't think she'd be that blatant about defending a scum bud (esp after just being scum with her where she bussed me constantly)

Strong disagree, sometimes things are scummy because the person doing it is scum. I think especially on day 1 scum can get away with plays like this as town have so little to go on, people can just be completely wrong.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I also wouldn’t put it past toal to performatively time their vote to be 2 minutes past deadline

This is absolutely how I read what happened. I refuse to believe somebody who has played mafia before would accidentally just disappear and then reappear to vote *after* the deadline. I'm sure Toalpaz will turn up to say this was accidental, I don't believe her at all.

I've been certain about this vote since the end of D1, and rwc's flip has solidified that.

##vote Toalpaz

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I don't think I believe the claim? I maintain what I said about the unbelievability of yesterday's happenings from a town perspective.

I would vote IA - but I don't belive Toal's claim, it seems like a last-ditch rolefishing idk.

I haven't been around as I spent all of Saturday playing a 12 hour twilight imperium game for somebody's birthday. Four hours my foot! At least I won

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Going to look back on my D1 scum reads and see what's what

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Idle Amalgam posted:

I dont care if you believe it to be honest.

If you think I'm scum, that's fine by me.

Oh I was talking about Toal's claim I haven't read up to your claim yet

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

Scum reads: plastic, wol, Illu, RWC, Maerlyn, in that order.

##vote PlasticAutomaton

These are my scum reads from day 1.

I think I'd remove Maerlyn from that list now by virtue of the battle between her and rwc day 1. Wol could have been bussing and I don't like their posts still.

Plastic hasn't really contributed much today and was my top scum read yesterday, that hasn't really changed at all.

I still prefer trying to root out the scum that caused the NL, but - laying out my stall

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

Eh, as difficult as it is to gleam alignment from 14 posts, Plastic has been relatively engaged. Still, please post more, Plastic.

Also, lol at clearing Maer because of D1 but I must have been bussing :allears:

You were not being pushed hard by my stronger school reads like Toal and were not being presented as the clear alternative to RWC, who is scum.

Like at least try to be less obvious in wilfully misreading me.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

Now I'm wondering how to wilfully misread you keeping your vote on the claimed town doctor, but I'm coming short.

Read my bloody posts

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

I don't think I believe the claim? I maintain what I said about the unbelievability of yesterday's happenings from a town perspective.

I would vote IA - but I don't belive Toal's claim, it seems like a last-ditch rolefishing idk.

I haven't been around as I spent all of Saturday playing a 12 hour twilight imperium game for somebody's birthday. Four hours my foot! At least I won

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

Green wings you pretty much have to vote someone else because otherwise you're with no counter claim I am in fact the town doctor heehee. I think you should present another case for or against grandi/IA

I can't load votefinder on my phone but I thought you were second place. I still think you're scum! I've been right about you before when others didn't see it

Given IA's claim, without a counterclaim (and I don't think there's any reason a vig wouldn't counter claim), I'm not willing to vote there.

Will look at Grandi.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I think Cloaca is town and engaged, I'm liking that. I still think Toal and wologar are scum.

No counter means no voting for IA today.

I guess I'd vote Grandi if I must? I'm sort of null-reading there. Not voting yesterday was bad but the posting right now isn't screaming scum at me.

I want to be right about my read on Toalpaz in a second game but can begrudgingly admit that I'd feel lovely if trying to confirm this read killed a doctor. So ##unvote I'll think about who else is scum after work.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Wologar was on rhymes early and continued to push him without backing off. I don’t think he’s scum

Eh I'd consider 4th vote to be *just* about in the bus zone and I get a bad vibe from their posting today (we had a bit of a tiff that gave me a weird vibe earlier today that I keep thinking about) that means I'm more inclined to suspect that.

I started to try to do the impossible thing - getting a read on binus, but I do need to do as I said and stop looking at forums at work, something something office space joke

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

alright we’ve nailed 2 scum. Just need to find the other one. I’m assuming there’s a 3. 3 scum, 1 3p and 12 townies?

Genuine q, how have we nailed two scum

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I'm actually feeling better about Grandi's posting today. I'm still ok with his lunch but not feeling as sure about it.

Yo ho ho, It Is A Hedge Post. A very obvious hedge post! I will never not see "I'm still on with voting for this person but I'm starting to thing their posts are fine", or similar, as anything other than a whopping great scum team.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Illusionis posted:

Yep let's get this scum out of the office ##vote Grandicap

Just look at this now arguing outing vanilla's only benefits scum thus the tracker is scum while he himself claimed vanilla d1.

coming in as the third vote on a frustration low-morale self-vote is bad, want to draw a big red circle around this vote right here.

Grandicap posted:

##unvote

Fine. I have no opinions until I do a reread and I don't know when I will have time for that.
All of my opinions have been proven wrong so I need to do a hard reset.

that said I now wonder if that initial low-morale self-vote was performative.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I guess we can assume that Toal was town doctor at least (unless I've missed something?), making that janitoring functionally useless

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Wednesday is my tabletop night so I won't be posting much until tomorrow, but for the record my current highest scum pick is wolo, and:

b-minus1 posted:

I have a specific reason for suspecting wologar

Like this is clearly a cop softclaim right? Why not just come out and say that rather than doing the binus thing, at least then we know the implications of any wolo flip on you.

I honestly can't explain why I haven't really done much reads on Obama this game, he's sort of just passed me by.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

wologar posted:

:thunk: Isn't this blatant rolefishing?

##vote GW

Literally posting on my phone because this post is sending me into a blind rage. It's not rolefishing where somebody has *clearly softclaimed* and I was seeking clarification which has since been received, ffs

##vote wologar continuous ridiculous posting about me throughout the game and has now progressed to a vote because he thinks that I'm under pressure.

And this message poo poo, which he hasn't addressed, and which there is no town reason for not mentioning.

The pressure on me is also bad - I apologise for not posting much because I'm not posting much, did so in my last game as well, was town there. What am I meant to do about that.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The only thing I've noticed with GW is that like half of their posts have been excuses for not posting more, and they hopped really quickly on the Anarc vote for.. basically nothing.

This is also a bad argument, I have been giving content and posts, I've just also been a bit distracted and have acknowledged it.

Note also that plastic was one of the people I have been suspicious of since the start of this game - on day 1 was top of my list iirc - and now comes in with this weak thing when it looks like the oracle has spoken.

Right I'm getting back to my game. Got me all tilted here.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

Been wondering if wol and GW have been slapfighting too, since there's a lot of posts between those two. There's the early vote:

The lurker call, which I pointed out at that time was strangely missing AN
And more slapfighting today
I'm just in general getting vibes from wol this game like he's actually pushing an agenda, and I haven't gotten those from him in a while. Maybe it's just me wanting to finally see the legendary wol's First Scumgame, but my gut tells me to ]b]##vote wologar[/b]

Wologar has been being frankly weird about me all game, even saying today something like "I decided to vote for her before I even got my role" (I'm browser posting, not going hunting for the quote) so, yeah, this illustrates this well. I really hope the after-effects of having played a single good game a couple games ago wears off soon because it's been very weird.

I don't see how his posts can be read as anything other than very scummy. Just - bizarre behaviour, weird attitude, wilful misinterpretation. I'm a bit exhausted of pointing it out.

Please if people could just look at these posts Cloaca is quoting and can you say to me, with a straight face, that they're town posts? I've been saying this all game and, like. Frustrated others haven't seen this.

On OA: I'm very much not liking OA's flurry of posts today. It seems like an awful lot of chaff - I'd like to take a closer look at these posts, but I feel like the "I'm just reading GW now" is a good cover for making thin bandwagoning look substantial because it's spread over several parts.

On grandi: like. This is either a weird scum play or very demoralised town. I'm sort of loathe *not* to vote for somebody who is more or less asking for that, but I worry its an extremely low-info flip so, if he is town, an absolute gift for scum.

Illusionis posted:

It's also missing RWC who didn't have a single game related post up to that point, which looks worse to me.

Oh and I'm a temp.

Just a temp when everybody else so far seems to have a named character? Hm - like I don't know what we're getting out of this flavour claim thing but that's peculiar maybe idk. I think IA is town though so I'm willing to go along with this and see what the theory is.

I'm a red swingline stapler.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s lunch green wing. And then grandi tomorrow

I don’t like how little cloacamazing has posted. Idk I guess I can do a reread

I don't like this attempting to dictate two days worth of votes in a row at *all*. In addition, this was followed later by binus saying he "liked this group" for voting, the group being OA/Cloaca, possibly me, but also being OK with Grandi.

Binus has some kind of message sending ability, but - I don't know, this post is pinging me very hard. What happens when I flip town, do you try to power through the plan?

Idle Amalgam posted:

You parked a low pressure vote on them and disappeared.

Now you're using the classic, but I voted early l, stuff, even if it is in comparison against bee

I can't work out who you're responding to

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Oh OA right, I got it

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I don't know how to respond, my flavour role is my flavour role, flavour arguments are bollocks and this push on me is being orchestrated.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

I think I’d go for Illusionis or ANarc if not Toal.

##vote ANarc

Hey binus on what basis do you assert that Sandwolf is town when this is how only vote, and 1 of those people is definitely town and the other is a janitored kill that is almost certainly town.

Like I think Sandwolf is a bit of an enigma in this one but you certainly seem sure there. I'm not even saying Sandwolf is scum! He certainly hasn't been on my radar - but I was surprised to see him on your Town List.

Maybe I'm just tilting because of posts like this - like, look at this! It's a drat flavour argument, we all know better than that, so what the hell is this.

b-minus1 posted:

100% agreed. That flavor reveal is pretty much a scum claim imho

I don't know why scum!binus would push rwc. I don't have an answer there. But I am trying to rationalise what I'm seeing as *bad play* here - either binus has taken leave of his mafia instincts or was doing a hard bus day 1.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Oh this kinda reads like a scum post. You sound frustrated that people are reading you as scum despite you feeling you’ve played well. Hmm

I mean, you're right that I'm frustrated. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I...don't want to vote illu based on a flavour argument because flavour arguments are nonsense but also I'm at the point where I will vote for anybody but myself out of self-preservation, so, like, I guess? I'll be honest I've been focused on wologar and then defending myself today.

b-minus1 posted:

We lost anarc yesterday and we need to sort of play catch up.

Green wing or grandi needs to be the vote today imho. I want to see their flips

I'd honestly vote binus at this point but I don't think I'm going to get much people agreeing with me at this point, I feel like this is a weird assertion. We caught a scum night 1 and there have been two days. Trying to claim that the vote you want to happen is a fait accompli and the only option is, like. It's not good, I tell you that much.