Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

star trek: the whale movie is without a doubt the best trek movie because it has the least amount of actual dumb star trek poo poo and JJ should have realized that and made one of his reboots about going back to save wolves or some other cute endangered animal instead of the garbage fire poo poo his movies were about.

they arent even star wars sequels bad in a way thats entertaining to poo poo on. Should of had the borg queen from the borq movie come back as picards mother or made worfs son goth

Whale movie
Borg movie

Everything else is poo poo. You cant save this franchise i fuckin dare you to try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Star trek 2: what if Khan was a big white nerd.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

banned from Starbucks posted:

star trek: the whale movie is without a doubt the best trek movie because it has the least amount of actual dumb star trek poo poo and JJ should have realized that and made one of his reboots about going back to save wolves or some other cute endangered animal instead of the garbage fire poo poo his movies were about.

they arent even star wars sequels bad in a way thats entertaining to poo poo on. Should of had the borg queen from the borq movie come back as picards mother or made worfs son goth

Whale movie
Borg movie

Everything else is poo poo. You cant save this franchise i fuckin dare you to try

Even as a kid Star Trek 4 was my favorite one, it was pretty obvious.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i still haven't seen four, search for spock kinda drained a lot of the desire to watch more star trek movies out of me

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
funny how for years 4 was the most successful movie and yet every time they want to do a movie it's gotta be as little like 4 as possible

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

funny how for years 4 was the most successful movie and yet every time they want to do a movie it's gotta be as little like 4 as possible

4 was the main reason TNG even got greenlighted iirc, so it saved the series

Imagine if there was no TNG and Star Trek ended with God needing a spaceship

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Feldegast42 posted:

4 was the main reason TNG even got greenlighted iirc, so it saved the series

TNG was officially announced more than a month before The Voyage Home was released in theaters.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
it feels wrong for the whale movie to be a star trek movie

it's too good to be part of A Brand

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Did they ever explain what was the thing that needed a spaceship?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

drilldo squirt posted:

Did they ever explain what was the thing that needed a spaceship?

No, because not everything needs to be explained. Some things are better left to imagine or wonder.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'll go ahead and say I never liked the whale movie. It's got some laughs, sure, but it's cloyingly cute and manages to be the least Star Trek of the Trek movies, even if it doesn't fall into the usual Trek movie trap of being a brainless actioner. Every interaction between Kirk and the scientist fell somewhere on the gross/unbelievable scale.

Also, I've lived in Alameda for twenty years and have seen a total of zero nuclear wessels.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
The Voyage Home is Star Trek as hell, it's just more in line with the comedy episodes like A Piece Of The Action

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Madurai posted:

I'll go ahead and say I never liked the whale movie. It's got some laughs, sure, but it's cloyingly cute and manages to be the least Star Trek of the Trek movies, even if it doesn't fall into the usual Trek movie trap of being a brainless actioner. Every interaction between Kirk and the scientist fell somewhere on the gross/unbelievable scale.

Also, I've lived in Alameda for twenty years and have seen a total of zero nuclear wessels.

It is in fact the most star trek movie.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Timby posted:

No, because not everything needs to be explained. Some things are better left to imagine or wonder.

Yeah but this is star trek and their is cannon information about ferengi dongs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

banned from Starbucks posted:

star trek: the whale movie is without a doubt the best trek movie because it has the least amount of actual dumb star trek poo poo

Having to go back in time to save whales so they can talk to a grumpy alien space tube is peak dumb star trek poo poo in the best way

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Madurai posted:

It’s the best one actually and feels the most like the tv show. Strong disagree

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It’s the best one actually and feels the most like the tv show. Strong disagree

TMP is the one most like the show, if by that you mean, "one episode of TV padded out to two hours."

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
It's certainly true that THE VOYAGE HOME: Star Trek IV is indeed peak Star Trek, but I wouldn't call that a shame. It's a tough act to follow!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
noo clee er wessels

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'll take the whale movie over another couple classic Roddenberry sagas of "the Enterprise meets God, and it's a child or a computer or both"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

The Voyage Home is Star Trek as hell, it's just more in line with the comedy episodes like A Piece Of The Action

TNG should've had a movie about returning to that planet. Picard already knows how to wield a Tommy gun.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i met someone yesterday who said they'd only seen one trek movie and... it was the one with the whales! that trick still works even after 2009, incredible.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
what if they had shaved the whales instead?

what if... what if

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

what if... what if

:thunk:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

what if... what if

Each of those bumps on the front of the whale is actually a hair follicle, with a single hair at the centre of it. It's a sensory thing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MikeJF posted:

Each of those bumps on the front of the whale is actually a hair follicle,

They've got a cream for that now days.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I like VI and First Contact and STAR! TREK! BEYOND!

:blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
it's a tie between borg queen and and the queen of the damned for my first "bust rod"