Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you finish your resolution?
Yes
No
I’m just doing this as a long term banme
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You know how this works by now: :toxx: yourself to complete some challenges in 2023 either anime related or normie style. Most ambitious successful completion gets rewarded with a forums upgrade/£10 charity donation of some kind, failure gets whatever punishment the modmin of the time sets.

Resolutions will be collected on page 2, update this thread with your progress through the year.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:toxx: I will watch all of the Gintama Anime, including the 4 ova and the 3 films.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

rolling it forward: megalobox s1 and 2, turn a gundam, akira

and as forums penance an anime of namtab's choice that won't get me sent to jail and isn't 100+ eps your boy has 12 hour shifts

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm going to watch at least two shows this year, but this time adaptations of things I've read or watched do count (mostly because I want to watch the RWBY show)

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I cannot learn, and will be doing this again.

I bought a bass guitar for some reason, and I think I'll resolve to learn at least one anime song on it (I have no ide how to play a bass).

I figure I should also watch the shows I have downloaded, so I'll throw on watching the following:

Princess Tutu
Non Non Biyori
Girls Und Panzer
Gatchaman Crowds
Call of the Night

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Patware posted:

rolling it forward: megalobox s1 and 2, turn a gundam, akira

and as forums penance an anime of namtab's choice that won't get me sent to jail and isn't 100+ eps your boy has 12 hour shifts

Watch either
- K-ON!
- Bocchi the rock
- lycoris Recoil
- Symphogear season 1

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My resolution is to play 3 VNs, one of which must be tsukihime (classic)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My resolution is to get banned for failing my toxx.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

continuing my journey through mecha anime, i will watch:
Fafner
Mai-Hime
Dai-Guard
Majestic Prince
Cross Ange

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i have selected lycoris recoil

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

You know how this works by now: :toxx: yourself to complete some challenges in 2022

2022 is over. How did everyone do?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

2022 is over. How did everyone do?

poorly

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

My resolution is to get banned for failing my toxx.

so early in the year and already failed

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I will watch an episode of anime sometime in 2023

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Lose Between 80-100lbs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lunar detritus posted:

so early in the year and already failed

I can't do anything right.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raenir Salazar posted:

Lose Between 80-100lbs.

Good luck :patriot:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am going to:

1) watch at 3 shows a season to completion
2) finish 2 LN series
3) finish 12 new released 2023 games

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can I bet against zep again

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Oh absolutely

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Always bet against Zep

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Raenir Salazar posted:

Lose Between 80-100lbs.

Good luck! I've got some important weight loss goals myself.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I will watch at least 3 Gundam series.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

- Lose 50 pounds
- Watch Gundam 00

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

gently caress you Squark.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Do 10 3 ep tests

I might up this to 50 if I feel up to it

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
By the end of 2023, I will finish watching:

- Legend of Galactic Heroes (original series)
- Seasons 1 and 2 of Symphogear
- Any single part of Jojo. Just to make myself get started on it, because I feel like I'll end up binging the rest anyway.

These are all animes that I started, enjoyed a lot, and for some reason just never kept clicking play next episode. Gotta fix that.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

in an effort to broaden my horizons I'm going to :toxx: myself to watch the next 6 series/movies people recommend to me and post a rambling review of them here in this thread. I realize I'm probably gonna get some dumb poo poo or stuff ive already seen but I will faithfully rewatch and review all the same if so toxxed.

Keeping a list below:
1. Armored Hunter Mellowlink.
2. Simoun
3. Infini-T Force
4. Kyousougiga
5. Giant Robo: The Animation - The Day the Earth Stood Still
6. The World God Only Knows

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 4, 2023

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I'll be kind and suggest something short and decent quality.

Armored Hunter Mellowlink. (Unless you saw it recently)

Also, In This Corner (and Other Corners) of the World.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 3, 2023

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to do some things in 2023:
- finish reading tsukire
- cycle the shimanami kaido
- attend comiket 102 and buy something cool
- read the manga for at least two 2023 shows I end up liking instead of just thinking about it

edit: ^ watch... hm. Simoun

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

in an effort to broaden my horizons I'm going to :toxx: myself to watch the next 6 series/movies people recommend to me and post a rambling review of them here in this thread. I realize I'm probably gonna get some dumb poo poo or stuff ive already seen but I will faithfully rewatch and review all the same if so toxxed.

Keeping a list below:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

next 6 series/movies people recommend to me and post a rambling review

Only if you haven't seen it before: Kyousougiga

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Giant Robo: The Animation - The Day the Earth Stood Still.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Keeping a list below:
2. Simoun
3. Infini-T Force
4. Kyousougiga

The World God Only Knows, since I'm curious if it's actually good, and/or if I just had terrible taste in high school.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

hi thread! i will toxx for the third year in a row. and in doing so, it will be............the same as the last couple years. recommend me shows! a whole bunch! if ive never seen it, it goes on the list. recommend a whole pile of them and i will guaranteed take the first one on your list that i havent seen at least. i am also keeping a running tally of the number of people i get into one piece this year. my goal to hit is 5. but hopefully more. thanks for reading. lets all have fun watching anime with friends again.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Keeping a list below:
2. Simoun
3. Infini-T Force
4. Kyousougiga

brain powerd english dub

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Paper Lion posted:

hi thread! i will toxx for the third year in a row. and in doing so, it will be............the same as the last couple years. recommend me shows! a whole bunch! if ive never seen it, it goes on the list. recommend a whole pile of them and i will guaranteed take the first one on your list that i havent seen at least. i am also keeping a running tally of the number of people i get into one piece this year. my goal to hit is 5. but hopefully more. thanks for reading. lets all have fun watching anime with friends again.

Bocchi the Rock

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Paper Lion posted:

Bad Seafood posted:

Giant Robo: The Animation - The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
I'm very bad at being a weeb and usually read manga instead of watching anime, so for my :toxx: I'll be watching 5 anime that I've never seen but pretty much everyone else has and writing reviews in this thread.
1. Evangelion
2. K-On
3. Toradora
4. Haruhi
5. Lucky Star

Also this one's not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I just learned that Dinosaur King is on Netflix and I feel like watching it so add that to my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sometime around the middle of last year I decided on a whim to embark on a project, to watch every single 2022 anime movie. Because of the way anime movie availability goes, that's still in progress so I figured heck why not make it a resolution. By the end of the year I will have watched every 2022 anime movie that is readily available in English.

For simplicity's sake I'll use the Japanese theatrical release date to define 2022 movies, just because it'd be a hassle to manually track it otherwise. And readily available is defined as being available to watch at home either thru streaming, digital rental, or fansubs. I try to catch things theatrically when I can but sometimes it doesn't pan out what with most anime movies getting like two or three weekday evening showings around here and that's it, so while I'll certainly try to do that with the 2022 movies getting a brief 2023 release, it's no guarantee. Also these days it's harder and harder to determine what counts as a movie so I'll likely have to use my own discretion sometimes.

Anyways I whipped up a Letterboxd list of what I have seen so far and how I rank 'em, and will be adding to the list over the course of the year.

https://letterboxd.com/srice/list/2022-anime-movies-ranked/