Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

happyhippy posted:

This the pope that was charged with the internal investigation into kid diddling?

Gonna need you to be a little more specific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Gonna need you to be a little more specific

Technically he was the cardinal in charge of investigating pedo priests :catholic: which he then helped cover up :dawkins101:

He was elected pope after and likely helped cover up more molestation and financial crimes along with insulting indigenous people and Muslims

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KitConstantine posted:

Technically he was the cardinal in charge of investigating pedo priests :catholic: which he then helped cover up :dawkins101:

He was elected pope after and likely helped cover up more molestation and financial crimes along with insulting indigenous people and Muslims

But that's all the popes.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You shouldn’t spread scandal in the church, that’s a sin.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The current one is pretty chill. For a Pope so massive grading curve tho

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wasn't he a nazi?

maskenfreiheit2
Dec 26, 2022

KitConstantine posted:

people really should focus more on the fact the vatican bank had like zero AML rules quite late into recent history and less on the diddling.

that was bad but seems to have died down a while back, but i got the sense the :10bux: stuff continued MUCH more recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PaBt441FBQ

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wasn't he a nazi?

He is in hell now, thanks god.

maskenfreiheit2
Dec 26, 2022

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

He is in hell now, thanks god.

purgatory actually.

then hell

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
RIP Benedict XVI, crushed by a Kansas farmhouse.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

escapegoat posted:

RIP Benedict XVI, crushed by a Kansas farmhouse.

Nice shoes

For a clown to wear.
TO THE CIRCUS, IDIOT!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

wiki posted:

Ratzinger's family, especially his father, bitterly resented the Nazis, and his father's opposition to Nazism resulted in demotions and harassment of the family.[34] Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was conscripted into the Hitler Youth—as membership was required by law for all 14-year-old German boys after March 1939[35]—but was an unenthusiastic member who refused to attend meetings, according to his brother.[36] In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was taken away by the Nazi regime and murdered during the Action T4 campaign of Nazi eugenics.[37] In 1943, while still in seminary, he was drafted into the German anti-aircraft corps as Luftwaffenhelfer.[36] Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry.[38] As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he deserted back to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established a headquarters in the Ratzinger household.[39] As a German soldier, he was interned in a prisoner of war camp, but released a few months later at the end of the war in May 1945.[39]

So he was forced to join the HJ as all are, his family hated the nazis, he was "unenthusiastic" (lol), and ended up deserting at the end. His cousin was also murdered for having downs.

I'm sure there's much more to it but at least he wasn't an enthusiastic german soldier.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Oh poo poo he's dead? We never got his opinion on anime OR horse racing. Smh

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

STABASS posted:

what would I have seen him in?

Hell, most likely

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

STABASS posted:

what would I have seen him in?

Small children

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So he was forced to join the HJ as all are, his family hated the nazis, he was "unenthusiastic" (lol), and ended up deserting at the end. His cousin was also murdered for having downs.

I'm sure there's much more to it but at least he wasn't an enthusiastic german soldier.

He famously tried to reinstate a holocaust denying priest until everyone yelled at him, so there was that

he was also really against any sort of interfaith dialogue with Muslims and Jews

so there’s that

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I think the whole Benedict franchise kind of jumped the shark after IX.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

who cares

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ex-Benedict

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He was a bad guy but you gotta admit he made some good eggs

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The time has come for the world's first Goon pope.

Imagine a papal bull being issued that's just goatse.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

My favorite breakfast by far.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:ope

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The time has come for the world's first Goon pope.

Imagine a papal bull being issued that's just goatse.

The Great Anal Schism

Ronin1138
Jan 16, 2019

by Hand Knit
How comes there’s no Barbara walters thread

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ronin1138 posted:

How comes there’s no Barbara Walters thread

Our official SA C-List or below obituarist is right on it.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020865&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
he died for our sins.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the red shoe diaries

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Tried it out on my buddies tonight and it turns out 'what did the Vatican serve for breakfast this morning? Ex-benedict' wasn't the winner I thought it would be.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Papa mia

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Small children

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU