Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

pig slut lisa posted:

Another I'll throw out: What fictional books, movies, or TV shows have influenced your approach to work and money, and why?

Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart helped magnify my deeply rooted sense of existential guilt and halting empathy, further driving me into reflexive saving habits and long-term ideologically driven career planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

pmchem posted:

I would be more than happy to edit in updates to OPs or reboot threads as the thread regulars see fit. Just point us to the needy threads (thanks).

Based on current discussions there, the Legitimate Online Moneymaking thread may need an updated OP/restart.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Discendo Vox posted:

Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart helped magnify my deeply rooted sense of existential guilt and halting empathy, further driving me into reflexive saving habits and long-term ideologically driven career planning.

In a practical sense, I wish reading about Okonkwo's father had scared me into becoming a saver. Then I'd have started in high school instead of my 30s after reading The Millionaire Next Door via If I Can as suggested by goons.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Sundae posted:

:wtc:

I mean, duh... Requiem For a Dream. :unsmigghh:

Oh god I literally shuddered after reading the spoiler.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Atlas shrugged :twisted:
Uh, because hearing that being selfish is good, actually fed my teenage boy ego?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

moana posted:

Sethi is a misogynistic dick, gently caress that guy

Source? He seems pretty legit.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
new rules thread posted! Thank you all for feedback!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021411

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

Based on current discussions there, the Legitimate Online Moneymaking thread may need an updated OP/restart.

Let's make this the new topic discussion thread, could definitely use some eyes on it. Gotta be a lot more ways to make money online these days, unless everything has been driven to the lowest common denominator.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4021423

I liked the "talk about what works influenced you" idea as well! Hang onto that.