Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i like this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Post show production company logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHyE_wBpdUg

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

these are so good

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i watch every time

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Does this thread consistently crash anybody else's phone? I didn't even think that was possible for a webpage to do

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

you need more ice loaded on your deck

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

taqueso posted:

you need more ice loaded on your deck

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Raluek posted:

same, but the switch can't turn it off when its done, while the atv can. annoying to have to find & use the actual tv remote for that one thing

why do that when tour phone will do it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

lol yeah thats why the dichotomy of "hey this thing is pretty good, i'll use it" or "gently caress this thing is too good, it took my job" was so amusing

it completely misunderstands what writers do. the text some gpt model might resemble a tv script (ftw the other person is david simon, creator of the wire etc.) but any of the substance that actually makes for good characterization is lost because its just following a template

and to be entirely fair a lot of tv writers do that too. but most of them at least know how to write characters that seem at least a little real, because they're people

ironically i think the wga strike is entirely correct to make a big deal about ai scripts anyway, not because i think it is a feasible thing to do, but because of hype making people think that it is feasible there's an opening for studios to hire non-union writers as "ai editors" pretending that the thing is written by ai despite it being all human input all over.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

why do that when tour phone will do it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

your phone will do it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i make trillions of typos every minute (I already had to go and fix four words just in writing this) and have become quite adept at reading through a mess

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

ironically i think the wga strike is entirely correct to make a big deal about ai scripts anyway, not because i think it is a feasible thing to do, but because of hype making people think that it is feasible there's an opening for studios to hire non-union writers as "ai editors" pretending that the thing is written by ai despite it being all human input all over.

they are, and it's really sad to see the producers and studios refusing to slam the door on it because they don't trust the writers/don't want to pay them

i guess they figure if writing positions are explicitly unionized then it doesn't count if a machine nominally "does the work"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

infernal machines posted:

your phone will do it

right sure i get that, but the whole point is that the switch doesn't turn off the tv automatically when im done, whereas the atv does. having to use a second thing (remote control, phone) is the part that sucks. i dont think the phone can turn off the tv anyway, unless im using the atv already, which defeats the purpose? ???

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnEIeVWLtbU

:thunk:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Raluek posted:

right sure i get that, but the whole point is that the switch doesn't turn off the tv automatically when im done, whereas the atv does. having to use a second thing (remote control, phone) is the part that sucks. i dont think the phone can turn off the tv anyway, unless im using the atv already, which defeats the purpose? ???

if you have an atv you can turn the tv on/off with the remote on your iphone, the power button on the top right will do it. to use it with the switch you can power the apple tv on first and then power on the switch to change inputs

of course if you have an android phone with an ir blaster that's not a problem anyway

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my switch goes into idle sleep and the HDMI input is then considered not valid by my stereo and it'll auto switch back to the last source (apple tv usually)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

my switch goes into idle sleep and the HDMI input is then considered not valid by my stereo and it'll auto switch back to the last source (apple tv usually)

yeah, my tv turns itself off after a while if the switch sleeps. might be a setting on yours raluek

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

"drat, it's getting late, I'd better just..."

*FLUPH*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

*FLUPH*

Jesus was this invented by a cop?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

*FLUPH*

why on earth does that hood not fold down or something lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus was this invented by a cop?

Jokes aside, i briefly thought about getting Snuggies legally declared as clothing instead of bedding, because Denver banned houseless people having any kind of structure, shelter or bedding and i wanted to buy a bunch n pass em out, because hell, better than nothin

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

ios yamaha av reciwver app can switch inputs if hdmi cec fucks up, i use that for my reciever i imagine other brands have one too?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/av-controller-us/id467496375

also there is an unofficial samsung remote app i use just called “remote for samsung”

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/remote-for-samsung/id1455009028

the point is you never have to get off your rear end at all

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/neomechanica/status/1662896521782915073

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

edit: https://patents.google.com/patent/US10953248B2/en?oq=10953248

:thunk:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 29, 2023

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the myth of "consensual" gaming

isn't there some daft punk you forgot to ask?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jonny 290 posted:

Jokes aside, i briefly thought about getting Snuggies legally declared as clothing instead of bedding, because Denver banned houseless people having any kind of structure, shelter or bedding and i wanted to buy a bunch n pass em out, because hell, better than nothin

What the gently caress. gently caress denver then

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

geordi simulator when

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I plan to livestream my stable-diffusion-for-games prototype in five hours, goons are welcome to judge

https://www.twitch.tv/professor_dataviz

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

my bad, it'll be the morning in about 12 hours

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

because Denver banned houseless people having any kind of structure

wtf>????

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's done to prevent people from building ramshackle huts in parks and vacant lots so that they have somewhere warm to sleep.

i mean, ideally you don't want those because they're really unsafe and have a tendency to catch fire because they're trying to heat them with whatever they can find. but the solution is to provide housing rather than ban the make shift solutions folks come up with to make do

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

my bad, it'll be the morning in about 12 hours

maybe you should build a stable-diffusion-for-livestreams

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

maybe you should build a stable-diffusion-for-livestreams

unstable dumbfusion

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
AI make stable cold fusion bitch

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Analytic Engine posted:

I plan to livestream my stable-diffusion-for-games prototype in five hours, goons are welcome to judge

vods plz

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Analytic Engine posted:

whats the goal with this? making games with stable diffusion or just making images out of games (like you posted before)?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

it's done to prevent people from building ramshackle huts in parks and vacant lots so that they have somewhere warm to sleep.

i mean, ideally you don't want those because they're really unsafe and have a tendency to catch fire because they're trying to heat them with whatever they can find. but the solution is to provide housing rather than ban the make shift solutions folks come up with to make do

yeah but it also covers tents and blankets and such. obviously not hard coded + theres some leeway but

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

whats the goal with this? making games with stable diffusion or just making images out of games (like you posted before)?

eventually #1 but right now it's a steaming #2

will stop spamming, waiting until something interesting goes live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

good luck. sounds like it could be a fun demo

tbh, this is why i rarely post about my hobby projects