Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
accessing the wired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Alan Smithee posted:

can't wait for grey goo to devour all of our faces

i never thought the face eating grey goo would eat MY face says scientist who spearheaded the face eating grey goo project

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Achmed Jones posted:

maybe i should head off into the woods and be a cybermonk

cybermonks do not live in the woods. they live in the cyberwoods; the urban cyberjungle of concrete and wireless

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
update mine too if you can. never bothered to have it changed before so it's getting a bit old

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

been looking at this thing for five minutes now and i still have absolutely no idea how it works. drone guillotine? oversized cyberpunk flyswatter? some electronic jamming thing?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This looks like a portable guillotine, which is almost cooler

there's even a scope to make sure you don't miss the neck even from a hundred yards away

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

it was the best one by far, imo

speaking of tags and avatars, i miss your old avatars with tarsiers staring straight ahead. those things loving freak me out like no other animal

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i mean yeah you can work for a three letter agency and not be a complete shitbag, but she worked for the nsa of all places. and this is the cyberpunk thread. they're top tier cyberspooks, natural enemies of cyberpunks

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lots of anti-nuclear sentiment was manufactured by the fossil fuel industry by funneling money to whoever was ready to speak against nuclear, including a lot of "greens". megacorps conducting secret smear campaigns using proxies against each other; very cyberpunk

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
buncha squares bowing down to The Man and his rules in this thread

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

sitting on that black charging bar indicator thing with my back in the giant door dent seems more comfortable than the "seats" in that thing

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah about that thing. it's displaying N in the pic so i'm guessing it's which gear you're in, but on the other hand it's circular so it might actually be a giant compass telling you you're going north. i'm legitimately not sure

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Alan Smithee posted:

and intelligence

and wisdom

and strength

and constitution

and

they get good rolls when casting combustion though

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

anti-citizen activity detected

attention civil protection teams: social maladjustment nexus located. corrective action required. respond. isolate. cauterize.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
the shittiest of the command and conquer spinoffs

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
do you plug the hdmi side or the mains side first?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

you'd almost certainly have to plug in the hdmi end first lol

that's the boring choice

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

more software should have rotating 3d skulls in general

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:madmax:

Remarkably not a Midjourney creation, its from the italdesign Aztec concept in 1988

drat, an actual sony brand name tv. they spared no expense making this thing

also at first i thought the right handle thing was another steering wheel, like it's for people learning to drive so the instructor can take over if they gently caress up or something

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit oh drat I just noticed the floppy drive slot an I want to know what it was hooked up to now; playing DOOM on my in-dash SONY monitor :cool:

i don't think that's a floppy drive. and being so close to a sony tv, i would not be surprised if it's some weird sony proprietary media developed exclusively for this concept car

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
holy poo poo you're right. now i want a cyberpunk-themed funeral

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
kinda depressing to think that that baby probably accomplished more in a few months than i have in my entire life so far. i sure as gently caress wouldn't get a church floor burial

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh drat the 2024 TESLA Cockpit / Dashboard Concept Renders got leaked!

Gallery (49 renders): https://imgur.com/a/M42SBlU

No other car offers our patented Passenger Decapitron™, guaranteed to quickly eliminate unwanted chatter from your children and/or wife, letting you pursue the thrill of driving in peace.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Alan Smithee posted:

The ratmobile

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
bezos is gonna tie down chatgpt to a chair in a dimly lit basement room in the metaverse and torture it until it reveals who leaked amazon's corporate secrets

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

a pyrometer is something i'd expect on a tesla

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
can't help but think of boris from goldeneye

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

gently caress does that mean soon we'll get indie retro-styled games from the era of too-much-lens-flares with phong shading thrown in?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I got a mail in my inbox less than 30mins old notifying me there's another run of the M56 'wearable art' helmets - go to look and SOLD OUT, at $795 a go :o:

https://www.machine56.com/product/he-mkx2-iii-c0_5

there's stuff on that site that i really like, and i consider maybe buying something for about half a second, before realizing there's no way i can make any of this look good on me because i am in fact a disgusting greasy nerd. such is my life

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

it was never going to look good because you don't live in a japanese cartoon,

please, life is hard enough without being reminded of this

also it was mostly the shirts and jackets that i would consider getting. i mean, i do need new shirts anyway since the holes in most of mine are getting too big even for me

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
original c&c nod ending was very cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4gXygzFlU&t=13s

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
sex sells

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

rotor posted:

but who's buyin? :guitar:

the other sex. look, asexual reproduction was the rage in your day but "the kids" are all about this weird duality

just "roll with it"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
gently caress

fuckfuckfuck

i'm sorrry i'm sorry i'd delete it but it'd be more shameful to delete it than not

gently caress

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Jabor posted:

you might find this take from a fellow educator interesting: https://acoup.blog/2023/02/17/collections-on-chatgpt/

the author, despite (or perhaps because of?) being in classics rather than a tech-adjacent field, seems to have a much better idea of what chatgpt is actually capable of than most people i've seen talking about it

me, a tech person, taking advice from someone in the humanities? on a technology related question at that? i scoff at the very thought!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i bet they were cheap though

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
why is the light off on the mainframe button? is that good or bad? does that mean my mainframe is offline or does that mean it's not sending any alarm right now? did a cyber-backhoe cut the fiber link between the mainframe and the token ring backbone? i have so many questions about this

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

make it red for maximum terminator vibe

also laser diodes are small, cheap and don't take much power these days...

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i don't remember anything about that but the idea of nanomachine powered superhuman jc denton trying to shove some lovely generic brand D cell he found in a hong kong trash can into his navel amuses me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

he just puts his tongue on them like a kid with a 9V battery

nsf leader: that's terror. terror built into the sys- what the gently caress are you doing?
j.c.: goh hon