Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

reserved so I can play the first two games and then feel ashamed for being too busy to keep up with it

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

how long is Mega Man Legends, I haven't played it in forever

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Like 8 hours or so iirc

I feel like it's gotta be longer than that. or I was a slow child

maybe that could be a sideshow game. I like the idea of the side/longer companion game being related to the main game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I already have DDS on my Deck lfg

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

the wordt room in the game is the spider boss

spent more time on Bospider than I did on several maverick stages and I still didn't beat him. I wasn't going to get the hadoken but now I'm thinking about getting it just to bypass it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

I just stand on one side of the wall and just wait with the ice shot. Slow but steady

I would have been better off just standing still and shooting. instead I went in with six lives and made my friends I was streaming it for lose their poo poo because I instead kept dashing exactly where the spider was going to go. I have the worst instincts for that movement mechanic in the world

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I didn't have much problem with Bospider

fully willing to admit I'm retarded. I'll try again later

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

: Finish the game
: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

Mega Man X is one of the first games I ever owned and everything about its music and aesthetic holds up today. the maverick stages are a lot of fun, but I agree with the others that the Sigma stages are an afterthought comparatively

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the music and vibe in DDS is so killer so far. I don't know if I'll beat it in a month, knowing myself, but I'm loving it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

talked to a friend and realized I'd already hosed up a dialogue option

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think the MM games that stand the test of time the most are the Zero games

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Joan posted:

Dark Souls but you have to double tilt the thumbstick to roll

how far removed is that really from "hold O + press O again" to jump

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

you dont have to jump in combat

yeah that's true lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

how do people feel about me kickin my pick to be the february long game? i promise it's a kickass game and i've got a shorter backup if that seems clunky

I trust you.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's unlimited saga because when I rented it as a kid it had been overwritten by an audio file of a bunch of teenagers yelling and laughing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've played basically zero Saturn games so I'm looking forward to trying this out

also I'd been thinking DDS seemed a little on the easy side until I got to The Citadel and now I'm getting gently caressed

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

sourdough posted:

: Beat the game

: Defeat Metatron

: Defeat the Four Guardian Beasts

: Defeat Huang Long

Huang Long was the worst, seemed impossible when I first tried then still like 30 minutes long once I knew what to do

Time to do it all one more time :letsgo:

goddamn. I'm plugging away now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

after 136, how much game is there yet?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

I think after 136 you're probably about 60% done with main story

word. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna beat the game and try to beat the optional bosses but not the Demifiend. that's a bit much

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

MARGE: Go crazy?
HOMER: Don’t mind if I do!!!! *casts Psycho Rage and crits entire party for lethal*

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

before anyone tries this on emulator, the nightly build of PCSX2 crashes on the final cutscene of the game, and the recommended fix is to install 1.6 lol which I am doing now

drat. I guess we'll see what the Linux build does when I get there

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lmao no..... I'm playing on my Steam Deck..... please.....

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol

I got the tude now posted:

Bro what’s that on your dick? Is that… is that arctic silver 6? Bro you nasty 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

nooo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Kins posted:

so you're saying your gaming pc stopped working after your internet forum buddy installed linux on it? weird, lemme just crack the case open an--

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've never used Linux and installing stuff on Steam Deck I discovered that it takes no less than seven clicks to select and copy all files in a folder. Reprehensible. Maybe it's better when you have an actual mouse and keyboard but I bet it isn't.

I don't know what benefit Linux has for the nerds who actually make poo poo but it sucks rear end for the end user who just wants to use it

the worst poo poo is when you want to copy the saves from a game or app. they have it set up so every little thing is in its own compartmentalized folder that is four folders deep in a hidden directory and is only identified by a random number, so you have to pick through folders trying to find out which one it is

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Initially thought the premise was that he installed a liquid cooler or something. Nasty.

looks like a liquid coomer to me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh, sick, I've never played Freedom Force but I've always heard people say how much they love it. looking forward to this one

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

just bought it on the cheap and made sure it would run. in case anyone else runs into trouble, I had to go into the advanced settings on Steam and put "-windowed" otherwise it would crash immediately

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The GOG / abandonware version will probably work best. Steam sucks for a lot of old games

I think that abandonware site took it off since you can buy it on Steam/GOG now but I'm sure it's still hella pirateable. I just wanted to get it working more easily on my Deck

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lmao I have never seen this site before. incredible resource, gamer

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

how does the campaign work? are there a couple of main characters you have to have, or can you have a whole party of funny little guys

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

it's been a little while since I played it, but I don't think you can have a 100% custom team for the whole campaign, at least for most of the missions. If I remember right, most of them will require at least one of the story characters, but I think you could fill out the rest of the team with custom ones.

imagining that captain america guy looking at his squad of imps and knowing he's going to die

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mentor half heartedly explaining that "Alpha Team" and "Diversion Team" are just names and don't signify anything while I look over my squad assignments of Impo, Shiddy, The Gooper and Flat-rear end Bulma with increasing dismay

lmfao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

: Defeat Cerberus

starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere now

just had all three party members turned to stone at once by this miniboss

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

holding my head and realizing how much grinding I'm going to have to do to beat Fly Beelzebub

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've got the game running but Minute Man runs in a random direction when I tell him to go somewhere. some more work to do I guess

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol but also

herculon posted:

I was having that happen with my Steam version. I installed that gog patch and he stopped doing that.

oh, I haven't done this, I'll try it later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

: Defeat Fly Beelzebub

I think I way overgrinded for this guy but I should be set up for the rest of the game at this rate