Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Trophy case

sourdough fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

IMPO'S FATE

Impmas has ended and the imps have spoken: Impo will die.

We thought maybe warming him up in the microwave would thaw him out but well

A very special Impmas message from Impo himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvgxXQ1n6C8

Anyway to make absolutely sure he really is dead, you can kill Impo in DOOM as many times as you like:

~ ~ ~ DOWNLOAD IMPO.WAD ~ ~ ~

Impo will live on in all our hearts, but thankfully a short series of daily injections is effective.

RIP IMPO

lmao

sourdough fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 1, 2023

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Impo will have his revenge.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Reporting a slight glitch when I click my sick holographic card because I don't want to steal any valor lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Try setting up two rockband bass pedals for jump and that dash respectively. Your inputs will never be eaten that way, and you'll really feel immersed in the rock and roll fueled world of Mega Man X!

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

if you figured it out in game you should get a nobel prize

In Training posted:

Its a made up playground tier rumor but real.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Finish the game

: Find all the Armor Upgrades

: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks

: Hadouken!

Game owns and playing it again so soon was great as I actually remembered how to beat most the bosses. I also tried to get the hadouken for a long time while missing one heart container lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I feel like it's gotta be longer than that. or I was a slow child

maybe that could be a sideshow game. I like the idea of the side/longer companion game being related to the main game

If you get all the special weapons or do all the side quests, it can definitely be a good bit longer, but yeah it was like 7-8 hours for me not doing those things

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

he's not supposed to be !!

He's too powerful, even you can't contain him now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

herculon posted:

Pick it today. I can’t wait

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

Praying for jrpg

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 2-2

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2) - 2005 - Deadline 1/31/23 11:59EST

Digital Devil Saga follows the Embryon, a tribe who fights against five other tribes in a digital world called the Junkyard. After being infected with a demon virus that grants them demonic powers, the Embryon must fight with and devour the other tribes to ascend to "Nirvana".

Digital Devil Saga began development pre-2002 under the working title New Goddess. The game's concept and original draft were written by Japanese author Yu Godai, who collaborated with Atlus scriptwriter Tadashi Satomi until withdrawing from the project for health issues. The gameplay concept of characters transforming into demons was based on an unused idea for Shin Megami Tensei.

It's SMT, soundtrack is obviously great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDb2MxUl31w

Link to the game manual:

Trophies for this month:

: Beat the game
: Defeat Cerberus
: Defeat Fly Beelzebub
: Defeat Metatron
: Defeat Huang Long
: Defeat the Demi-Fiend (PLATINUM)
: Defeat the Four Guardian Beasts

Game starts NOW

Thanks for the pick EE and good luck imps!

Hell yeah, I can't wait

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

there is no way on earth that i will beat dds by the end of the month

I'm going to kill the demifiend or die trying

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

copy posted:

*pokedex voice* evil eagle: dog type pokemon

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

French Accent posted:

awesome work on all of this

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MotU posted:

hit a hadouken on that fucker and cheered out loud

This

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Defeat Cerberus

Btw copy buttons don't seem to be working on the DDS page, but you can still copy directly from the text box

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Nice, about how many hours was that? Been like a decade since I played DDS so I wasn't fully sure on a good midpoint trophy

Around 18, feel like it might take a little longer depending on build though. I went full magic for serph so even before getting mp regen skills I could use it pretty indiscriminately. Going physical feels like it'd be a decent bit harder, at least to this point.

Also the game rules, very glad to finally be prodded to play it :cheersdoge:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

No post battle cutscene, but I found a cool skull afterwards

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Beelzebub killed me easily my first try so I watched a movie and grinded mantras outside his door for a few hours lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Missed this, drat you're blasting through the game lol

I played til 5am and had the battle screen in my dreams lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Beat the game

Huang Long was the worst, seemed impossible when I first tried then still like 30 minutes long once I knew what to do

Time to do it all one more time :letsgo:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

symbolic posted:

do you sleep

It was hard to ever put it down cause someone was always close to mastering their next mantra and when they did someone else would be close

Also no lol

sourdough posted:

I played til 5am and had the battle screen in my dreams lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
:santahurr:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

before you level too much i heard a cool strat for demifiend.

pick the two people you want in your party and the second you get to the luck/magic noise farming areas max both of those stats. then the AI will only put stats into str/agi/vit which are much more of a pain in the rear end to farm

I read that strategy too so I'm going through ng+ with solo serph as much as possible to keep their levels down. I go through like 50 random fights wiping them instantly with death flies then almost die to a 3 random demon group that only uses basic attacks cause one got a crit lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I got back to Cerberus in a little under 7 hours in ng+, but it would've been a lot slower without a bunch of the endgame mantras mastered

I dunno if it's better than waiting and grinding only at the end of ng+, but anyone going for demifiend, I'm glad I knocked out the other optional bosses the first time so I've got stuff like null ailment/death/element/phys for breezing through to get to him

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

its considered one of, or the, hardest jrpg fight ever. even knowing all of the tricks and AI bugs its an hour long jrpg battle at the whim of rng

I'm going to try it a few times without exploiting whatever AI bugs there are and probably still fail and then murder him with AI bugs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Martman posted:

null tv and null beer make homer something something

Pablo Nergigante posted:

MARGE: Go crazy?
HOMER: Don’t mind if I do!!!! *casts Psycho Rage and crits entire party for lethal*

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

demifiend awaits (after i farm more hp essences)

i think im going to hit 99 lol

:letsgo:

Did you do the magic/vit/luck noise farm for the rest of the party or just play it normally and let them level? I'm farming magic noise solo at level 60 with everyone else around level 30 and trying to decide how obsessive to get lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

luck/magic only, really. you can get a ton of lucks very easily. those i did solo, the magic farm i kind of stopped caring but i still plan on finishing that out. serph is going to be 99 for sure, i want my other 2 at least in the 90s. vit noise farming is for the insane, but arahabakis are just barely common enough that i can see getting quite a few of those too. str/agi is unfarmable.

Yeah I got a decent amount of vit grinding mantras in the first playthrough, hopefully wasn't just good luck. I think it's still going to be a few days before I'm ready to try demifiend.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If you can’t handle me at my

You don’t deserve me at my

symbolic posted:

lol you vs. the boomer she tells you not to worry about

lmao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

lol good poo poo. my record is 50 before i got bored and had to take a break. farming while watchign 90 day fiance shows with your wife ftw

I didn't know if you could get double digit numbers of one item after a single battle so did a test run and got 24 in 20 minutes, I was hoping I'd hit 99 in 80 minutes but happy I didn't waste any

Feels good to finally be able to use a full party and start grinding levels for them lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

: Configured Saturn Emulator (PLATINUM)

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

Well auto soma changes the game lmfao

lol yeah, time to start casting black sun every turn of every battle

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Demifiend is the worst boss I've ever seen, I'm going to figure out how to do the slight cheese strat

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Siiiick, 2 of my party members got put to sleep by pixie, maybe I have a chance

Oh cool they both woke up for gaea rage lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Finally free lol

: Defeat the Demi-Fiend (PLATINUM)

The final successful fight using the debilitate/sukukaja strategy took just under 2 hours. Once you get in a rhythm and have everyone alive and healthy after the first gaea rage, it's not super dangerous, just very slow going. Luckily that gaea rage comes early in the fight so you don't waste too much time before knowing if you have a chance or not. Serph was level 92 and maxed stats except agility in the 80s, argilla and gale were mid 70s and close to max stats just lacking some strength and agility. I don't know how you can beat him even fully maxed out without using that strat, the gaea rage mechanic is insane even on top of everything else he has.

He's a cool super boss for taking away all the end game skills you learn, even if it's infuriating in the moment. Huang Long died in two fully buffed/debilitated black suns in comparison lol, so I'm glad he wasn't that easy, but do wish he'd been a little less intense.

This was cool too

Someone pick DDS2 next so I can play that