Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Let’s gooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

It was a travesty they prevented Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper from drinking on air

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
I really, really hope this year is better than 2022 was.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Nick Soapdish posted:

It was a travesty they prevented Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper from drinking on air

Same, that totally sucked.

Kevin Hart was the best guest they had on. Dude is funny as hell.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Bored As gently caress posted:

Hold onto your butts

WHO chief declares global emergency after Ugandan strain of Ebola verified to be airborne

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Scary stuff.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

welp

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

McNally posted:

Let’s gooooo

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
still 2022 here on the pacific time zone

welp

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

current event: all Air Traffic Control in the Philippines is offline for unknown reasons

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmao

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

it aint 2023 yet on teh best coast

greetings from 2022.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

McNally posted:

*The Weeknd voice* Let’s gooooo

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm sorry. I'm too drunk to process this.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/ConspiracyBull1/status/1609182448235028484?t=PnyRClOl9wjwFM1G1VSMng&s=09

Welp, the Taliban don't hate all Americans, but that's not the kind of cultural reconciliation I was hoping for.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Merry new year GiP! It’s still 15 minutes away here but I’m at a party and have a minute so I resolve to post here more often, y’all are the chillest people

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Kazinsal posted:

Merry new year GiP! It’s still 15 minutes away here but I’m at a party and have a minute so I resolve to post here more often, y’all are the chillest people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtuAddJ0Pg4

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Terrifying poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thank you Papa Nurgle

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Happy New Year friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_cOsgRY7w

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

ebola reston mark two: ugandan gotchu

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The most appropriate start to 2023 I can imagine.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://twitter.com/ConspiracyBull1/status/1609182448235028484?t=PnyRClOl9wjwFM1G1VSMng&s=09

Welp, the Taliban don't hate all Americans, but that's not the kind of cultural reconciliation I was hoping for.

https://twitter.com/NeoBactrian/status/1609207908595634179

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

This is somehow completely unsurprising. Interesting click tho, the details are terrifying

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I knew something was funny about the timing of the Waffle House edit: Last Chairbender - definitely wasn't Christmas Eve, it was September 2021 per the catcher herself:

https://twitter.com/WitchDragon5/status/1608625918842646528?t=Wih5Wnypw0n2HTqKoipATA&s=19

Feel free to watch, but the quick snips is that she's Halie (not Wendy), it was from September 2021, and she hasn't worked at Waffle House in a long while after getting semi-blacklisted. Apparently the MAGAchuds are going nuts because she's not a race warrior and is instead a tongue-ringed, weed-smoking southerner with some ACAB commentary in the long video :v:

https://twitter.com/Scorpius1958/status/1609343245997281281?t=g6cFT-MhoRk6oV1xIi11OQ&s=19

quote:

white boy said he called the cops which is the WRONG thing to fuckin do

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 1, 2023

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
"If you're feeling froggy.." has long been a favorite of mine.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

drat, 24 hours and no new posts in the CE thread? Guess even the news is burned out on the news.

Here's something that current and sucks if you use the LastPass password manager- the hack that they disclosed in late November is way worse than originally disclosed:

quote:

LastPass, one of the leading password managers, said that hackers obtained a wealth of personal information belonging to its customers as well as encrypted and cryptographically hashed passwords and other data stored in customer vaults.

The revelation, posted on Thursday, represents a dramatic update to a breach LastPass disclosed in August. At the time, the company said that a threat actor gained unauthorized access through a single compromised developer account to portions of the password manager's development environment and "took portions of source code and some proprietary LastPass technical information." The company said at the time that customers’ master passwords, encrypted passwords, personal information, and other data stored in customer accounts weren't affected.

In Thursday’s update, the company said hackers accessed personal information and related metadata, including company names, end-user names, billing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and IP addresses customers used to access LastPass services. The hackers also copied a backup of customer vault data that included unencrypted data such as website URLs and encrypted data fields such as website usernames and passwords, secure notes, and form-filled data.

LastPass is claiming that it would be extraordinarily difficult for hackers to brute force master passwords, but given that the breach happened in August, wasn't disclosed until late November and their last press release about the incident was issued late on the evening of the Friday before Christmas, it's very difficult to trust the company anymore. I changed my LastPass master password, exported my stored passwords into a .csv, imported it all into a new 1Password account, and just changed my email, banking, phone and a few other critical sites' passwords.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We all hoped if we didn't post things wouldn't deteriorate further.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I never did trust password managers.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

drat, 24 hours and no new posts in the CE thread? Guess even the news is burned out on the news.

All the basic news going forward has been sports-related stuff, bullshit about tomorrow's Speaker vote being a clusterfuck that McCarthy might not win, and Jeremy Renner getting run over by his snowcat. Most of the news-publishers or content-makers took the week off too!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

All the basic news going forward has been sports-related stuff

Aaaaand in the last ten minutes, a Bills player made a routine tackle, stood up, and collapsed backwards. CPR administered on field with an IV, stretchered off, looks like he took a routine running back's shoulder to the chest.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Play suspended until further notice. I didn't see what happened, but Christian Eriksen for Denmark collapsing is the closest analog I've got.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I'll manage your passwords for you

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
That was an amount of continuous cpr that is pretty much a death sentence right? Even if they can keep you on life support

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A.o.D. posted:

Me neither.

My password manager is a notebook in the closet. Hasn't failed me yet.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Sports but this is a pretty loving big deal. Monday Night Football game between Bengals and Bills suspended right now because a player might have just died on field. Looks like a possible cardiac event.

https://twitter.com/byysports/status/1610094359713845248?s=46&t=QxjDRQf0c-vKvZmGwONWTQ

They were doing CPR on him for at least ten minutes, and so far, the only news is that he was being given oxygen as he was loaded onto the ambulance. Really loving scary poo poo.

EFB, whatever.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 3, 2023

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Play suspended until further notice. I didn't see what happened, but Christian Eriksen for Denmark collapsing is the closest analog I've got.

The play is all over twitter. It's benign enough that I'd even consider linking it, it was a basic play with a basic tackle - shoulder caught him just right.

M_Gargantua posted:

That was an amount of continuous cpr that is pretty much a death sentence right? Even if they can keep you on life support

Here's the status:

https://twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/1610098849636388870?t=cGf6iMVThPiB6buhwceFwA&s=19

From what ProFootballDoc was saying, it's survivable, nobody really knows though and who knows what kind of brain injury happened with whatever non-breathing and any concussion when he went down too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
If it was commotio cordis survival is about a coin flip.

Odds are probably better on an NFL field during a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

e:fb