Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
And the right is already latching onto it as one of the vaccines killing people suddenly things. gently caress right the gently caress off you ghouls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

My Spirit Otter posted:

What is even going on with you guys. How many more times can mccarthy slam his dick in the door before he isnt allowed to be a candidate

They thought they had the votes

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

stealie72 posted:

Aren't the FAA systems all still in Fortran on ancient servers? Half the recovery time was probably driving out to wake up and get the greybeard that knows how to fix the system, since he can't hear his phone anymore.

The NOTAM system went down in the evening yesterday. I think there's more to it than just this.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Once again, the notam system went out last night at like 7pm or so central time. It was out for more than a few hours and I don’t get why it led to a total ground stop 10 hours later. I feel like there’s more to the story.

There are obviously safety issues with the system down but things operated as normal for several hours with it down.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ASAPI posted:

I believe you, but do you have a source?

The source is me.

It was actually probably closer to 5 pm central as it had been out for a bit before I took my lunch break. I'm probably already saying more than I should in my position, but you can find some similar comments on the atc subreddit. I don't know if there was an additional failure of some sort this morning but as of last night you could still access the notams that had been in the system but it was no longer possible to put new notams in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I seriously use this at work all the time for a ton of things. As far as I know, most of the En Route ATC facilities borderline rely on it for some things as it can beat a lot of our coverage. Hopefully they make another useful version that won't get driven into the ground by a private equity firm. That really sucks.