Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The most appropriate start to 2023 I can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ASAPI posted:

Gaetz just voted for Trump.

Is this POS still being investigated for paying to gently caress a teenager?

The last of the original three Pointer Sisters just died a few days ago. :(

Godholio fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 6, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Imagine spending your entire life being a real-life Frank Underwood trying to scuzz your way to the top no matter how much of a douche it makes you only to be stonewalled by a pedophile who looks like a hybrid of Beavis and Butthead.

Also, :lol:, if this doesn't make Gaetz and Bobo the most ostracized leopards in the leopards eating faces party.

E- Grats to McCarthy on overcoming an insurrection on January 6th.

They don't care about that half of the party. The half they care about thinks they're loving heroes. And that Gaetz' investigation was dropped a long time ago because there was nothing there.

My question is, then what? Or rather, then who? Whom? I have so many questions!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

My Spirit Otter posted:

they can barely elect a speaker

That was infighting. They'll vote as a block for impeachment and every other petty anti-(D) act they can think of.

Edit: JFC, Bragg.

Sounds like the Delta connection was a guy recently pulled from Crime Battalion, so maybe they're still not garbage? Hopefully.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 10, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Who knew "The War Criminal" could also be a peace criminal?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's a thing that has also actually happened, so I'm not sure where you're drawing the line in the sand for "actual near term threat."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

So, uh, any current events happenin'?

E: ugh fine:

Germans protesting a mine expansion are having a literal field day loving with pigs unhappy in the mud. Turns out jackboots sink fast

How is this not a Monty Python bit?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Grip it and rip it posted:

lol amending the constitution is impossible but the violent overthrow of the American government is not. What the gently caress is with gun people

Apparently we're just watching the news. Jan 6 was the pre-test, now they know what to study to make it work next time. But thanks to 50 years of left-wing infighting and apathy, the GOP has successfully gerrymandered almost every state to the point that the right controls a comfortable number of gubernatorial offices and about 60% of the legislatures along with the SCOTUS and the House.

It's not impossible to amend the Constitution, but it's probably impossible for the left to do so. You have the White House (which is doing it's damnedest to gently caress itself over), the Senate, and 1/3 of the states. Good luck.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

You really can't see a difference between violence used to defend our higher ideals and Rittenhouse?

You seem surprised.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Lol were you gearing up to take back DC on January 6th or were you busy that day?

The point im trying to make is that the US government is far more powerful than any individual faction of US politics and maintaining control over those institutions is how we contend with a fascist uprising. If the right were to gain unified authority over the entirety of the federal government that's essentially game over. So while keeping a gun or two at home might be comforting, it won't do much to prevent that disastrous scenario.

And while idiots in here are shouting "VOTE" at each other ironically every two years, they're loving doing exactly that. They control almost 2/3 of the states, one of the houses, SCOTUS, and you can bet that they'll take the WH in 24 while Biden steps from rake to rake.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 16, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hekk posted:

It looks like gun chat has largely run its course. Pissing into the wind isn't changing minds. Let's not regurgitate the same arguments over and over. Lets instead move onto another topic.

Wow, just crushing my Second AND Fourth Amendment rights at the same time? And who let this loving veteran in my house and account?!?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Defenestrategy posted:

*raises hand* why do the armed forces branch responsible for flying things and places where flying things land on need a special forces group?

Because sometimes you want to do CSAR in really bad situations and you want someone like a PJ there to do the medical stuff and be able to shoot back. And sometimes you want to like...dump Rangers onto an airfield and be able to have someone there to help and then be able to control the inbound aircraft that follow you in.

Those are missions that belong to the armed forces branch responsible for flying things, so there are a couple hundred people trained for it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Itchy_Grundle posted:

Silly question-but isn't that what Pathfinder is supposed to qualify people to do? I thought they were capable of essentially setting up air traffic control in those kinds of environments.

I think it's on their list of capabilities, but they're focused on rotary wing. CCTs are going to bring in a stack of C-130s or C-17s.

Besides, repetition is the key to airpower.

shame on an IGA posted:

before the moon, they called him Dr. Rendezvous for several reasons

His dissertation on orbital mechanics is what got NASA to bring him on. He'd previously applied and been rejected, I think a couple of times.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 22, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I wish you all the best through this national nightmare.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's all on SIPR, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: What even is he claiming? The DOJ's position seems to be "yeah this guy is a violent criminal."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bulletsponge13 posted:

They should. They should also be permitted nuclear weapons.

Iran hasn't done a single loving thing wrong in the realm of Geopolitics, and they deserve to have autonomy, and local influence. One could argue that everything they have done that is unpalatable to the US/West has been blowback.

gently caress it. I hope Iran uses Al Quds to put a stolen backpack nuke in Israel.

One could argue that on behalf of anyone who has an adversary, doesn't make it accurate. It does a great job of the bullshit tit-for-tit that gets a lot of people killed over a long period of time.

Iran is supplying weapons, equipment, and training to Russia in the ongoing war in Ukraine. They supported every anti-US group in Iraq for the whole stupid time we were there. Even if we give them a pass for actions in Israel and disputed territory, you've got poo poo like Khobar Towers, various bombings, hijackings, hostage-takings, and assassinations around the loving world.

"Iran hasn't done a single loving thing wrong in the realm of Geopolitics" might be the worst take I've read this year, and I read Mortabis' posts.

Edit: I left out out the atrocious human rights stuff, because I suspect that's what you were trying to avoid even touching by framing this as geopolitical.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bulletsponge13 posted:

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said, you dipshit.

We dicked over their country for most of the 20th century. We supplied their enemies for decades. We invaded them on two borders, destabilized the region, and declared them enemies- after they tried to help. They are doing the exact same poo poo we do, but they are bad guys for it? Seriously, every single thing you just listed as their crime, we did to them, too. Exceptionalism cuts both ways- if it's OK for us to do it, it's OK for them to do it.

If you want to get into it, America does worse daily than the poo poo you've listed, before getting into Human Rights. If you want to get into that, we have no moral high ground, either.

Seriously. I'm not Oh Up the Ayotollah. I'm saying that Iran is the less bad guy in this conflict, and the Aneeican policies towards Iran are what created this beast. I'm tired of pretending they are the boogie man when they aren't.

Edit: It looks like the argument smoothed out so I'll edit this down to just say: My entire point is that Iran has absolutely done bad things on the geopolitical stage.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TheWeedNumber posted:

So has every other nation I can think of. As someone who would happily crush the Iranian people to a nub if they got in "our" way geopolitically, let's pause for a sec and loving call a spade a spade. Our body count and tally of "heinous poo poo" since the formation of the Union up until the present is off the charts. If we didn't do it ourselves, we worked through our partners and allies to get the poo poo done. We've drained the sea of people in Vietnam, and jumped for joy when the Indonesian genocide occurred way back during the Cold War. We cheered because it was a geopolitical win for us to drop the 3rd largest communist party in the world and a leading voice of the Non-Aligned Movement at the same time. Not only have we drained the sea, but we also trained our partners in Latin America to do it too.

Put up a map of the world. Throw darts at that bitch till you run out of darts. Go dig into their history. I bet the groundskeeper from the cemetery will come knocking in a few hours, tops, to ask you to please put the skeletons back in the grave where they belong.

Every nation has done dirt. Some more than others. We're definitely in the "more" category. We shouldn't be surprised by the pushback and get offended that they pushed back. That's just disingenuous IMO.

That's cool man but I was specifically quoting and responding to a post that said Iran didn't.

TheWeedNumber posted:

The crossing of the redline should have led to the nuclear destruction of the airbase the strikes were launched from, IMO.

:lol: I mistook you for a serious poster, my apologies.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 30, 2023