Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sacrist65 posted:

Preparing myself for the inevitable take about how they should have played on and players today are too sensitive or something.

It's already happened hasn't it?

I don't think that particular take happened, but Skip Bayless was tweeting last night that the NFL had to continue the game because it isn't logistically possible to reschedule it while dozens of players told him to shut the gently caress up.

The lovely tweets that are happening are from the usual suspects blaming this on covid vaccines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A friend I know lost $7k. He's moved on to forex trading now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bird food bathtub posted:

OK most of the dumb poo poo going on here I can track because, unfortunately, right wing propaganda is really god drat good at forcing itself into public discussion.

What the crap is going on with Dogbert? He's in a box with flies around him or something?

According to right wing conspiracies, Fauci had dogs tortured with their heads in boxes full of biting flies for research.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

not caring here posted:

I thought that was Elon

Elon is the one creating suicidal apes after blasting their brains.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol. The cheering when Jeffries gets a vote. Lmao.

It was Jeffries turn to vote. That's why they were cheering him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The freedom caucus could always win and Biggs gets the votes eventually.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ASAPI posted:

I saw an article this morning that said the 4-6 vote "deficit" McCarthy needed to overcome was really looking like a 20+ vote "deficit".

There are currently 19 republicans that have voted against him with a good bit left to go.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Defenestrategy posted:

I haven't really been keeping up with house leader elections. Is this just another case of Republicans stepping on their own dicks again trying to decide the most evil course of action or...?

Matt Gaetz is anti-McCarthy. He has a list of demands for the speaker which McCarthy refuses to do and more than enough support to destroy the four vote republican majority.

Unless republicans can convince 16 of 20 people who voted out of party line to vote with them, they cannot appoint a speaker.

e: I'll also note that Gaetz has said he and his people are willing to drag this out long enough that the house agrees to a plurality speaker in Hakeem Jeffries who is the current minority leader.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bulletsponge13 posted:

What happens when this vote fails? Do they just repeat until someone gives in? Propose someone else?
What is the best case, worst case, and funnest case outcome?

The votes will continue until the majority of members (218) agree to something. In 1855 they had 134 votes over two months before they agreed to a plurality speaker. Gaetz has indicated he's fine with that if the republicans won't back him and the rest of the freedom caucus.

If Donalds gets fewer than 20 votes, the main GOP is stripping away some of the Gaetz coalition. If he gets more, the anti-McCarthy group is growing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

Revision:

https://twitter.com/LisaMirandoCNN/status/1610701908167258112

Present votes only count towards the quorum, and not the majority threshold or the yeas/nays, so if enough republicans vote present, Jeffries wins :v:

She did it in dramatic and noticeable fashion. She skipped the first passage of her vote so that she'd have to vote on the second call. She was the only person on the second list and yelled it loudly. Since she's a new dissenting vote it could be a sign of a floodgate of people turning on McCarthy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That Works posted:

Gonna be weird to get speaker Jordan and the Hastert cycle continues

e: whoops that was wrong

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 4, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lemniscate Blue posted:

First time I'm hearing of this. Got a link?

actually I was wrong that was something posted about someone else in a discord and I misattributed it. They were talking about actor Jeffrey Jones while we were also discussing the house speaker fiasco.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tracy Morgan squidbillies is hilarious, too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LawfulWaffle posted:

Jeez, Squidbillies was still going strong until last year? 13 seasons? I thought it was a much shorter-lived series

They shitcanned Stuart Baker after he went on an anti-Dolly Parton rant in 2020 when she showed support for BLM. They were already working on the final season and plugged in Tracy Morgan, and it's loving perfect. Worth a watch. The yoga episode in particular still makes me laugh.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Speaking of the voice change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTG_kewAG0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ASAPI posted:

There are now 6 votes for Donalds.

McCarthy has lost a seventh time.

He lost again a minute or two ago as well. Eight time loser.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

Whole lot of years starting with 17 and 18 on this list

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1611089254624419897?t=6k04kAG-OxPPCWqBNzYTuA&s=19

and the best is that McCarthy is giving up poo poo that more or less leads to a vote to kick himself out at any time

Essentially the only time the house has ever been this dysfunctional was in the decade leading up to the civil war.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ASAPI posted:

Does anyone think that maybe the HFC (not high fructose corn syrup, like I initially thought) are stalling until tomorrow so they can make a splash on the anniversary of the 6th?

No. They're explicit about what they want and that they will never vote for McCarthy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McCarthy just lost again for the 11th time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1611378185924497409?t=EFQ0yDViUlKrHZRBIihGFQ&s=19

Dude died on the field and in the ambulance/hospital, now they yanked his breathing tube and he's talking to everyone. Pretty fuckin' nuts - looks like he's still him inside the meat spaceship.

Edit: never saw this J6 video

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1611370822559752192?t=PlTG7Fl6Ywnjd8EgqbszSA&s=19

He only died once. They corrected the story that he was revived a second time as it was in error.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/status/1611427696688463872

A nation waits with baited breath, yelling LEAVE THE EVER GIVEN WHERE IT IS, KEEP IT STUCK

McCarthy got another vote but still lost again on the 13th ballot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

we deliberately outsourced all of our production capability in service to the almighty dollar.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The five cops in memphis that were fired were all black, if anyone was wondering why the response from the department was different than normal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah what's the story here? One of the things Atlanta actually has going for it is its greenspaces so I assume the jackals of the earth want to tear it down to make ??? bullshit

Long story short - cops are trying to bulldoze 45 acres or something like that of forest to build a massive training facility. $60m (more than 2/3) of the funds to build it come from anonymous sources the police refuse to disclose. The training grounds will include a blackhawk landing area and an entire mock city so georgia police can practice urban warfare. This is also trampling on native american land.

Protestors have been camping in the forest for eight months to stop construction. Cops have cut down trees with protestors in them and have used all sorts of non-lethal to try to clear them out. Last wednesday a fuckton from a bunch of state agencies and the fbi went in guns a blazing. An officer got shot (likely from friendly fire) and multiple cops mag dumped an activist from my city who had been up there. There were no body cameras.

Police made zero effort to contact Tort’s family and when their brother spoke with police, it quickly became clear they are investigating the dead man not the people who killed him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

stealie72 posted:

Ah, so...cop poo poo. Got it.

I assume this is getting no pushback from the same people who were complaining about black helicopters and fema death camps since this is cops?

Correct.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

They also charged a protestor with 'Terrorism'

Its pretty loving awful.

I think four have been charged with domestic terrorism for throwing rocks at cop cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Adult Swim has been getting on the ball about this kind of poo poo.

How long did Unknown Hinson have a job after he talked poo poo about Dolly and BLM?

Not long at all.

CommieGIR posted:

I won't be surprised if this kills the series like Squidbillies after Unknown Hinson got fired for insulting Dolly Parton.

They were working on the last season of the show when they fired him. Season 13 was the final season regardless of who voiced Early.

bulletsponge13 posted:

WTF did someone say about Saint Dolly?

In August 2020, Dolly put out some pro BLM statements, and the comedian responsible for Unknown Hinson and the voice of Early started ranting about her on twitter basically telling her to shut up and stay in her lane. People responded about like you would expect.

We got this wonderful audition video as an announcement of the replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTG_kewAG0