Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/L1GGPJ0.png :nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
great snipe

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

2023 is the year Shatner finally comes on the RLM podcast

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lmao at how high the current bid is.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

make titties legal in 2023

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The only pair of boobs I need to get through 2023 are Mike Stoklasa and Rich Evans

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Poohs Packin posted:

Lmao at how high my current boner is.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

priznat posted:

VHS tapes sucked so bad and I'm glad they're dead. They were loving expensive for the longest time too! At least when DVDs launched they were pretty cheap.

I have so many DVDs and I can't bring myself to chuck em even though they are essentially worthless.

They will be immensely valuable when streaming fucks out somewhere around the end of May.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh lord I didn't know Heritage Auctions expanded their scam into VHS. Did the Retro games scam collapse or is there too many players in the field now for their liking?
I would of liked to see them submit the fake tape but without the stickers being on the wrong side. Or try sending a fake printed box of a real movie with a blank tape in it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

same nukie, same

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
1. Rich
2. Mike
3. Jay
4. Tim
5. Jack
6. Josh

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Endless Trash posted:

The only pair of boobs I need to get through 2023 are Mike Stoklasa and Rich Evans

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

1. Rich
2. Mike
3. Jay
4. Tim
5. Jack
6. Josh

Same but in order of who I would eat in a plane crash survival situation

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Endless Trash posted:

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

She can act with more than her eyebrows.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Outpost22 posted:

1. Rich
2. Gabrielle Monique
3. Eva Green
4. Anne Hathaway
5. Christina Hendricks
6. Josh

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's still last year where I live, so this thread is bullshit.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
My clocks could beat up your clocks

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My clocks are the same as the Milwaukee clocks, so they demand thread loyalty.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I prefer these shirtless actors standing in front of mirrors

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

rydiafan posted:

My clocks are the same as the Milwaukee clocks, so they demand thread loyalty.

Ah yes Milwaukee Drunk Time, the global standard.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
1 RLM documentaries
2 RLM commentaries
3 Nerd Crew
4 Mike surprises Rich
5 BotW

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Nuuuuuuuuukieeeeee

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

:emptyquote:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
sunk dunk was here

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm glad the nukie auction is actually getting traction for the charity.

But I wonder if the value is more because it's a near decade old prop from rlm that's also now with more value as being "the last" in the collection.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh wow dang you're wonderin the point of the video? these jamokes, show up on the first few pages of the new year, think they're gonna change the world. its fine. im just playing. welcome.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I liked the part where they watched Nukie

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kingo Ligma posted:

They will be immensely valuable when streaming fucks out somewhere around the end of May.

Combined Netflix/HBO max crap out?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

colonelwest posted:

TTSS is good, I might check out those others.

And yeah your typical CIA “agent” is a schlubby middle-aged divorced ex-military dude doing pretty mundane HUMINT case management.

I tend to like the more realistic spy stuff. The Spy on Netflix is one of my favorite.

Haven't heard of that one, definitely going to check it out if it's along the same lines as those other movies/shows.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

priznat posted:

Combined Netflix/HBO max crap out?

Yah, and Disney plus is losing millions and millions of dollars every month and the precious CEO was hiding the losses lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

I liked the part where they watched Nukie

I like that nukie

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

a goddamn shame that this took until page 2. Fuckin page 1 clout chasers!!!!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’m still looking forward to Mike and Rich’s Top 176 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

Yah, and Disney plus is losing millions and millions of dollars every month and the precious CEO was hiding the losses lol

Gonna be interesting to see what comes back in to fill the void.. Back to iTunes style movie buying/rentals and no more all you can watch subscription models? In any event it will suck rear end and I’ll just keep ripping my blu rays for my plex server like a huge nerd.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm almost willing to say the void could be something akin to mixing lower prices with metered viewing tiers and Steam refunds if they could make it work without being confusing. A digital reimagining of the 'flat-fee, X-disc out at a time' concept.

Example: $5 a month gets you 50 credits, and the ability to view up to 50 rentals of media on a service. That's 50 movies, tv episodes, etc. Every video has a 5 minute grace period where you can stop playing and it won't deduct from your 'rentals' bank or credit it back to your account.

Low cost will attract people who admittedly don't watch a lot of media but want to keep up with some big content, the usage of rental bank would dissuade account sharing out of fear of credits being used (or maybe even revive it as being tolerated by services as any view will simply be eating away at a finite bank, anyway.)

There would likely be 'free' media like first episodes to get people interested, possibly big name videos that would cost multiple credits to watch as the service progressed, certainly different tier levels that would grant more credits per month.

Not that much different from a tradtional digital rental, but on the billing side it seems like it has the potential to more convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

God that sounds confusing to me and I’m a tech nerd

I think the future will be movies will be chopped up into tiktok style lengths and the CCP will control our viewing habits and track our every action while viewing the movies.