Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't forget, tonight's show is going to include a two-episode premiere of Witch from Mercury in the second slot, and a feature presentation of the first half of Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

let's see who's here tonight

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Demon Slayer - Rengoku manages to fight Akaza to a standstill, which ultimately forces the demon to retreat to avoid being obliterated by the imminent sunrise. Unfortunately, Rengoku may have taken half a dozen too many critical hits during that fight, and so dies in front of us.

Dr. Stone - Ah, not like it matters.

DR. STONE MARATHON TONIGHT

TRIP REPORT

I saw The Boy and the Heron this past Monday night. When the credits rolled, I turned to my brother next to me and said, verbatim:

"I don't think I get it, man."

And that's about where I still am on it, I think. Pattinson does a great hosed-Up Little Goblin Man voice, though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They announced recently that next season of Dr Stone will be its last. Which is a problem because there are multiple arcs left.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's another Promised Neverland Season 2 let's gooooooooo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

it_is_happening_again.gif

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Is the manga over? Curious to see if this will end up as a FMA 2003 "let's just make up an ending" scenario or a "just leave it open ended" thing like the original Inuyasha. Or maybe a "let's abbreviate everything but also make it lovely like Promised Neverland"?

edit: poo poo, beaten on the Promised Neverland s2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The manga has been over for a while but funnily enough it just recently started back up for a special that picks up the plot hook the ending left.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The manga's over, but there's roughly three or four arcs left. And they kinda speedran the last couple, which could have been fleshed out in the anime, but I guess they just want to put a bow on the franchise and be done with it.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

muscles like this! posted:

They announced recently that next season of Dr Stone will be its last. Which is a problem because there are multiple arcs left.

hahahahahha well gently caress

still cracking up that our heroes were saved by a philosophical disagreement between the fascist eugenicists, namely that one insisted on "no fat chicks"

which from what i remember hearing about the author is... interesting? or something? anyway it looked like the one may see value in the whole science thing with the team throwing together an upgrade for his spinny spear in a few minutes to put him on equal footing, which was neat. or something. looking forward to seeing how badly this gets screwed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure if the fact that every single character in the series is a hardbody is an author thing or an artist thing.

Probably the biggest issue the series has it that (non-plot spoilers) once all the conflict is resolved it has zero interest in exploring how the general public reacts to the new post stone world. Just kind of skipping any political stuff.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
lol i guess i didn't really know the writer and artist were different people

(not surprised the story doesn't go that direction tho)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

I'm not sure if the fact that every single character in the series is a hardbody is an author thing or an artist thing.

Probably the biggest issue the series has it that (non-plot spoilers) once all the conflict is resolved it has zero interest in exploring how the general public reacts to the new post stone world. Just kind of skipping any political stuff.

Eh, not really surprised. The number of "and they all lived happily ever after" endings is innumerable, and more often than not they have interesting ideas of "how does the world function after the resolution of this massive event?" when you think about them a little harder. The re-establishment of society isn't really what the story of Dr. Stone about, it's just the restoration of the people/the de-stoning of the world. Plus the more you reintroduce pre-stone world folks, Senku's recreating of more modern items becomes less amazing to the people (and thus the general audience).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

get in

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F01UTYg79KY

MARATHON PRESENTATION OF DEMON SLAYER TONIGHT @ MIDNIGHT

a happy 60th Anniversary of When Frankie Valli Got Laid to all who celebrate

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
New thread soon?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Soon.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Toonami 2024: Shippuden finally dies this year

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

Toonami 2024: Shippuden finally dies this year

Uzumaki Out, Uzumaki In

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

New thread soon?

I'm on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU