Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

2023: we all want it to be better. COVID will :laffo: and say no, I'm here to stay.

EASY predictions: STR will have at least a couple of massive meltdowns and wind up in the hospital at least twice (probably for at least one detox session). We're gonna lose more people to COVID. I got the elephant out of the room, someone else can do the rest. Seriously why did it take so long to get a 23 thread going aside from the two white elephants? We all know STR is beyond broken, Rhyno is still worth saving at the moment (even though it'll be nearly Feb before he can rejoin us).

We all know this is a US-centric forum, so the typical "keep your loving politics out of my loving polytics" poo poo applies (but outside stuff is always welcomed and encouraged). Most gun stuff goes into TFR. Head into D&D for debate. I'm sure you can find a forum for most other stuff, this is primarily for us AI nerds to scream into the void. Please remember this is an international forum - just because you think your Ford is best vehicle ever doesn't make it any better than a Trabant! (in fact I will argue a Trabant is better than most Fords...) Just respect each other, agree to disagree, and party on, bros. :wmwink:

The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing.

edit: we can still talk about foreskins too, if we absolutely have to. I know that was A THING in the 2022 thread, and if there's one thing the internet has taught me, it's that someone that's been snipped can... uh... regrow.

And a note from the AI mods for you to consider -

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That's the spirits!

e: damnit, some silly mod changed the title to something more amusing

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 1, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cursedshitbox posted:

Happy new years. May your 4l60s shift swiftly into gear.

We're all almost as hosed as my 4R75W.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm no doctor, but I don't think that's good.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 2, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mustache Ride posted:

gently caress dude, you okay? Need some insulin?

I'd give you an old pump I have but you'd have to get your own supplies and that poo poo isn't cheap.

I wouldn't know what to do with insulin or a pump, TBH - I'm on metformin and glyburide, never done my own insulin (I've had it when in a hospital though), and my insurance won't cover a pump ("experimental treatment" :rolleyes:, same with a CGM). I was going to hit up an ER if I couldn't get it below 300 by now, but I took the maximum daily dose of glyburide (20mg, spread across about 8 hours) and it came down to ~275 after a few hours (now at 230). Just gonna have to keep an eye on it all day, if it spikes again I'll go get an insulin drip (and if it drops too low, I have glucose tablets and ice cream).

It always gets whacky when I'm sick, but I've only seen it this bad when I had covid. My normal fasting is around 100-120. Haven't had poo poo for an appetite for several days, but also been feeling too lovely to check it daily. Recognized early signs of DKA last night. :sigh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 2, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Uhhhhh...have you tested recently?

This morning, still negative. Typhoid SO is still positive and got home last night, but has very mild symptoms and no fever (meanwhile I have all the symptoms associated with the current poo poo). We're sleeping in separate rooms..

My insurance from Tesla is still active for some reason, picked up another 8 tests at CVS (and I'm going to order another 8 under her name, since she's on my insurance). I have a feeling we're going to need them. She has to get another documented (not home) test to stay out of work by tomorrow, hopefully my insurance is still good for a few more days.

Mustache Ride posted:

Just be careful and check it every hour so you don't go too low with the glyburide. I don't know poo poo about it though, I'm a type 1, and I always thought you type 2 guys got the shaft with the technology.

Lowest it ever got today was 230ish - it's spiked back up to 300ish since then. I can't take any more of either med until around 6am, all I can do for now is drink water and try to flush it out. Or do the ER bit. Since I've been exposed to a COVID positive person since last night, I'm trying to hold off on any ER stuff (at least I have the bivalent booster though).

Even for type 1s, my insurance wouldn't cover any of that stuff, which is just stupid. I'm going to be uninsured at some point in the very near future, but it's a bit aggravating to find out my test strips cost half as much without insurance (same with most of my medications).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 3, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That popped up in my Facebook feed a couple of hours ago. Had to do a double take, since it was indeed posted yesterday.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

How long are epipens and narcan good when kept in a car? Narcan is easy to get (we have vending machines with it), and I definitely know people that might need it one day. Or I'd be fine keeping the spray in my backpack..

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Looks like there's now two Narcan vending machines. One outside of a bar, one at a homeless center. I know where the bar is (one of my favorite food trucks used to be there), I'll probably head there today or tomorrow. It's free at both locations.

The Door Frame posted:

By the label, somewhere around 85° is too hot, but people carry epipens on their person in temperatures above 100° and they're fine. We don't keep one in the missus' car because it gets too hot (and cold), but she almost always has one on her

Sooo never leave it in the car, basically. Irony is the two vending machines here are outdoors, but the news articles say they get wiped out almost daily.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Door Frame posted:

I'm saying that the labels say to never leave it in the car. People do leave them in their cars, so I know that it's not the biggest deal, but I'm of the paranoid type. Their longevity in elevated temperatures is a question I don't want answered by a dud epinephrine shot, even though I know it's unlikely to be a dud shot, but I must obey the paranoia

I mean... Metformin is supposed to be kept between 59-86F (same with pretty much everything I'm on). It stays in my backpack. Occasionally my backpack gets left in the car, but not often (when it does, it's usually in the trunk, which stays quite a bit cooler than the cabin). I'd just be adding one more thing to my man purse. With a lot of meds, being outside of that zone usually just shortens the shelf life (and the expiration dates tend to be extremely generous on most meds).

So just got back from an urgent care clinic - they xrayed my chest, guess who has loving pneumonia... again? Sugar is a lot lower today (still a lot higher than I'd like, but it was under 200 when I woke up), but I'm finally feeling human...ish (as in I have an appetite and some energy). NP at the clinic said being sick (especially pneumonia sick) can throw a lot of stuff off for diabetics, Mayo Clinic's website specifically cites pneumonia as one of the things that can seriously gently caress a diabetic's sugar up. I'm hoping that's all it is - I'm going to try to get in with my regular doctor soon, but he's on vacation at the moment. Urgent care clinic strongly suggested I should have been hospitalized based on how weak I am + how out of whack my sugar has been, but no, shitposting on the internet is more important.

Awesome part is I've had the pneumococcal vaccination (a few years back); this makes round 2 with pneumonia in less than a year.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 4, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Just realized I've barely been eating for nearly 2 weeks. Hell of a way to lose weight I guess (I'm down 8 lbs), but now that the sugar is somewhat down and (I think) I'm fully out of DKA, I'm hangry. So hangry.

I don't feel up to cooking a whole meal, but I have a bunch of leftover ham from Thanksgiving in the freezer (including a ham bone). I have potatoes, I have milk, I have cheese. I just need to grab celery, carrots, and onion.

e: welp Albertsons/Safeway/Randall's just got $50 out of me. So much "oh hey, coupons" while comparison shopping against HEB, debating if it's worth paying the extra $5 to get my order in the same time frame from HEB (plus the extra hassle of making another stop), plus a "hey if you drop $75, we'll give you $30 off on your first online order**********". Somehow they're always way cheaper than anybody else on beef and chicken (but generally much higher on everything else). Their meat department is about to hate me unless they did a bunch of extra super lean ground beef for the advertised sale (93% @ $3.99/lb if you get a bulk pack... that's what 73-80% goes for everywhere else, and I have plenty of freezer paper + a fairly empty chest freezer), and I can justify paying twice as much on the produce when I'm paying 1/3 of what I would normally pay for meat.

And of course, "if you do a 7 day FREE TRIAL of our ULTRA PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP DELIVERY THING you'll get 4x points then $12.99/mo after", so I should be getting at least 30c/gal off on my next fillup (they're generally priced in line with everyone else nearby on gas, and I'm down to about 1/3 of a tank). So glad my bank lets me generate temporary card numbers :v:

mariooncrack posted:

And cheaper!

Believe it or not, not exactly. For whatever reason, it looks like all of my benefits from my former employer are still active (hell, I can still log into my email and Teams from my desktop, but I've deleted all work related apps from my phone at this point). ER visit is $100 (urgent care is $50), but I'm also signed up for one of those hospital indemnity plans that essentially offsets an ER visit (and it's linked to my medical insurance claims - it's supposed to all be automatic). Since the medical was so cheap, I went full hog on most of the other stuff. All of my benefits are still active. I've tried reaching out to HR to ask about when I'll see any COBRA paperwork and when my benefits will discontinue, but never heard back (tried 3x over the past month).

The indemnity plan paid directly to me before as a direct deposit for getting a physical last year, so I don't think it would go through payroll. If it did I probably wouldn't see anything, I'm sure they want my share of the benefits that they're still paying for. :shrug:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 4, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That battery isn't even very old, right? My money is on one of the amps not turning off.

e: oh cool my neighbor is brap brapping his new G35 to hell and back right outside my window. I can usually tolerate his car stuff (even if it's stuff like a mid 00s Corolla with a fart pipe most of the time), but this thing sounds like it has a 2 step on it. Even when I had riced out cars, I didn't blap blap blap pop in neighborhoods and especially not in my apartment parking lot :argh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 4, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Welp, had a second phone interview for a job I KNEW I nailed. It's an hour after I was supposed to get a call, and... crickets. They kept telling me over and over, pounding it into my head, that it was scheduled for EASTERN time, but we're well past the time if it'd been eastern or central.

Online it still shows I have an interview "in progress".

shy boy from chess club posted:

e: well gently caress he just called and has congestive heart failure. Dr isnt real hopeful and my uncle sounded real down on the phone :(

Big oof. Sorry man. FWIW people can go a long time with congestive heart failure; my stepdad has been living with it for several years, somehow.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Apparently the key to Tesla HR noticing you quit over a month ago is to mention it on SA; forgot to remove Intune Company Portal from my phone, my phone got remotely wiped while I was eating dinner. :fuckoff: Trying to log in to anything related to Tesla just shows invalid login now. I'm assuming my medical is still good through the end of the week, since that's the kind of thing that goes by pay cycle (and it's the only company-related thing I can still log in to, I assume only because it doesn't rely on SSO).

Thank you Tesla, for wiping my main 2FA app (and thus my access to over 50 things). Luckily I'm a paranoid rear end in a top hat and keep at least 1 backup device around, along with printed 2FA codes for the Really Important Stuff (though those are in my safe deposit box), just gonna take a bit to recover all of that. Never ever use a personal device for company poo poo; the only reason I did was I was assured Intune could only wipe company-related poo poo.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 5, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

kastein posted:

What the hell, like, it wiped the whole thing? Including address book and photo album? I'd be ripshit.

Everything is backed up aside from 2FA tokens, so it's an annoyance more than "gently caress". Highly annoyed that I have to go up to the bank to get my printed backup 2FA codes tomorrow, but it just means I can't use any Google features on my primary account until tomorrow morning. My PC is still logged in too, it's just the phone that can't access my Google account.

I'm sure I'm making plenty of IT types cringe, but my phone book is saved to Google, photos are backed up to Google Photos, most apps are backed up to Google Drive. Only a few people even have my real #; everyone gets a parked phone # that forwards to this one.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 5, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I guess Tesla did me a bit of a favor by waiting so long to finally mark me as gone. They emailed the official separation paperwork last night (to my personal email, my work email is now gone). All of my benefits are paid until the end of the month, which is pretty nice to have - the medical is drat good for the most part, and I can go ahead and get another pair of glasses.

Supposedly they're paying out PTO as well, though I didn't have much. That means another tax form to deal with next year. :sigh: I just looked at my hiring bonus (which I won't ever get), which was, at the time, $6,000 of TSLA stock. It's worth $2700 now. :laffo: I wouldn't have been able to touch it for another 3 1/2 years anyway.

The Door Frame posted:

Last time this happened to me, I just stayed alone on the call link they sent me for 45 minutes before anyone else showed up. Only 1 of the 3 interviewers showed up, barely asked any questions, and by the time it got to 50 minutes after our scheduled interview time, he had to drop out of the call

Why did I even have an interview scheduled if no one besides me could make it? We could've rescheduled, I was unemployed, I had time

That's the thing - there was no call link. They were supposed to call me.

Pretty unprofessional. I logged into the candidate portal and it still shows my scheduled time, double checked that the phone # was correct too. There is a phone # in the email confirmation, but it just plays a recording stating I need to reach out to my recruiter (I've never talked to one - I'm sure I have one, but I have no idea who it is).

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

MDM was my bread and butter for a while and I ABSOLUTELY would not let us put it on personal devices. I personally explained the risks to every individual until there was so much push back the company had to buy 200 cell phones.

That's how Tesla rolls, they don't provide phones to anybody except top management. I should have just taken my old Nokia brick with me on my first day.. "uh, you want me to keep outlook and teams on my phone? I have snake..... can you show me how to install that stuff on this thing? It's kinda old". I can still pop a SIM card into it and it'll work, but only on T-Mobile - everyone else has shut off 2G.

Humphreys posted:

I blew up about having to have a vendors special snowflake 2FA on my personal phone.

They wanted Microsoft Authenticator, but in the SSO options I was able to find an option to use any authenticator app. Also, MS Authenticator can send my location - more convenient in that it pops up "are you trying to sign in? what's the 2 digit # shown by SSO?" when I try to sign in, but I don't like the location bit. It seemed to use your IP to do location lookup too, so it'd always get confused by me normally being on a VPN.

That's funny that they sent a phone though. Why not send a hardware token?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 5, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I managed to get around most of the MDM security poo poo by using a fingerprint as my primary way of unlocking my phone. But I have an unlocked bootloader + rooted phone, with Magisk and other stuff helping to hide that. I suspect that's probably why my phone got wiped instead of the typical removal of work-related info you usually get with Outlook+Teams+Intune.

Next job that pulls that poo poo gets to deal with me only having a 3595 or similar. The drat thing STILL works, on the original battery even, though the only network it'll ever work on (and that network's time is limited) is T-Mobile's EDGE.

EDIT: the company that ghosted me yesterday called me a few minutes ago and did an impromptu phone interview. Exactly 24 hours late, and I wasn't exactly ready to do a phone interview at the drop of a hat - I'm sure some answers were cringeworthy. At least they apologized, said they're not sure who's calendar I was on, but they'd try to follow up to see what happened (large company, 30k employees nationwide - and no I don't believe for a moment they'll really try to figure out what happened). Have an in-person interview about a half hour away next week. Downside is it'll take 90 days for benefits to start (and doing COBRA to continue my benefits from Tesla is $1500/month, loving ouch), so I'll have to do an ACA plan for a couple of months if/when I get hired. Upside is take-home vehicle and company issued phone that I can turn off unless I'm on call.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 5, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dead Goon posted:

Although I did once replace both rear light assemblies on a VW Golf for my friend once, so perhaps I know more than I think!

Whoa, let's not get carried away, Jeremy

:v: Welcome to AI.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FWIW, my 03 put out 13.8 all the time, and had a fresh Subaru alternator (reman, but still labeled Subaru, installed by Austin Subaru) when I got it.

I never had any issues with it aside from the lights dimming a bit if the blower was blasting + wipers + lights + defrost + AC compressor (basically full load, it'd drop down to battery voltage while sitting at a red light in those conditions), but with the voltage wandering and hearing some noise from the actual alternator, it's probably time to replace. It's only an 80 amp unit IIRC, at least on the 2.5 - pretty weak, especially when you factor in the heated seats/mirrors/windshield.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Put the Denso part number into O'Rilley and see if they can get it - it'll cost more, but there's often a 20% off up to $50 coupon available, you'll get free shipping, and can usually return the core to a store. That's how I got the Motorcraft alternator for not much more than Rockauto (ultimately, a little less once you factor in shipping cost on sending back a core).

Though if you're unlucky, they just slam it into a big box with no padding and you wind up with a broken alternator. I was able to talk them into ordering it into a store though (props to the big O for that solution - the coupon I had used had expired by then, and their online customer service is drat good), and did the whole exchange + core return at once.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 11, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I found a 3D maglight next to my Civic after it got broken into. Cops didn't seem to give a poo poo about it, so I kept it for ages. That drat thing got my car searched 3 goddamned times over the next couple of years because cops saw it laying on the floor. I don't get why a pizza guy, with pizza uniforms and a pizza sign in the car, can't have a goddamned flashlight in his car without raising suspicion.

The dumpster fairy clearly knows I've been trying to build a proper retro gaming setup. Originally started with a Sony 13" that... won't power on after 4 or 5 years in storage (timer light just lights up solid, but the TV was built in 89 and probably isn't worth fixing; I'm sure the tube is worth a little bit to someone). Found a monster 36" Sharp for free on FB, but almost broke my back getting it, and realized it's just way too drat big. Then someone cleaning out their parents house said I could have a 20" RCA ProScan as long as I took their 32" RCA Home Theater TV with it (the Proscan is a drat nice TV).

Found a late (2005) 32" Panasonic CT32SL15N at the dumpster today. It's pretty beat up, has crayon and nail polish and even glitter all over it. Didn't have high hopes for it, but dragged it back to the garage, and... it works. It really works! I haven't touched any settings on it; games seem a bit dark on it, but nothing that brightness and contrast adjustments probably can't fix for now. I'm sure it'll need the flyback tickled at some point. But it's a 240p/480i TV with 2x composite, 1x svideo, 1x component inputs.

It needs serious cleaning, but it works.

Don't suppose anyone wants a 36" Sharp for free..

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 12, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Junkyard PS pump and a strainer went into the Vic today along with fresh fluid. New pump is whining and struggling just as much, but at least it's not throwing the belt. Makes me think maybe something is clogged in the rack? I don't really know how that stuff works. I'm sure it could use a couple of flushes.

I road tripped it immediately, it made the drive to Dallas just fine. Currently harassing my mom's cat. Unfortunately not a shoulder cat (doesn't like being picked up in general), but she'll do for now. Very harassable, very good at the "gently caress you, I will eat your soul" glare.

Humphreys posted:

Great score. It must be HEAVY too

My parents used to have an older (~2001 - this one is a 2005) version of the same TV. It took 3 of us to move it when they got rid of it.

I didn't even try to lift it, just tipped it onto a 4 wheel dolly, then tipped it off in the garage. It's indeed a heavy bastard, I can barely scoot it across the garage floor.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 13, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So even though I haven't touched it in ~2 years, I grabbed my DSLR on my way out today. Just on a whim. Stepdad and I sometimes go shooting (cameras, that is). He's having some mental health issues (main reason I came up), plus it's his birthday weekend.

An olllllllld friend (originally from IRC, but we've known each other since 1996 on IRC, 1998 IRL) found out I'm in town. He has (mostly legal) access to a plethora of neat buildings out here, so tomorrow is urbex day. I'm wishing my DSLR had a full battery (it's down to 1/3) and/or I'd grabbed the charger, I'm hoping it'll make it through the day. If not, well, my phone (OnePlus 8T) has a decent camera. I'm lucky the camera has ANY charge after sitting for so long..

Don't suppose there's any DFW goons with a Nikon charger that can top off an EN-EL15 battery? :v: Best Buy has a compatible charger in stock, but it's $50..

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 13, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Why? Why the gently caress does a company design a 52" ceiling fan with a single bulb fixture? A candelabra socket... with an extremely shallow dome that can't fit most light bulbs. And a super wide base that can't fit most other globes/covers. :argh:

Stepdad has been jamming 150W (equivalent) super compact CFLs in it for a couple of years when he gets around to it (the super compact ones are already very short lived to begin with... put them in a tiny closed fixture and they melt in a week or two, then it'll go months without a working bulb). It's the only ceiling light in the office at my parents house. IDFAF if it's dim, I grabbed the one spare 4 watt candelabra LED they had for another fixture, definitely didn't stand on a folding table to change it. At least now I can see enough to walk into the room and turn on a table lamp (the primary light in here anyway). If I can't see in here, my 75 year old mother with cataracts definitely can't see.

Starting to wonder if I need to come back to Dallas full time to babysit them. My stepdad, at least. I keep finding 100+ watt incandescent bulbs in fixtures every time I visit, I don't even know how the hell he keeps finding those bulbs. I've even found a couple of the old 80s Phillips square bulbs, which is downright impressive.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 14, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

This must not be at your place because only straight people use the big light.

I myself only sometimes use the big light so I consider myself an ally.

You'd be correct. Parents house. I use the "big" light to find my way into the room and to a table lamp.

The big light has a single socket, now with a 40w equivalent LED in it. Not exactly bright or big.

I use the big light in my own bedroom at home when scooping the kitty tootsie rolls, but at least that one is a 3 socket fixture. And that's pretty much the only time it's ever used.

... Never knew using ceiling lights was tied to sexuality tho :v:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 15, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

These stupid things keep following me home - they're having meetings in the drat garage now. :argh: But I now have my bucket list set (Sony KD-30XS955).

The Sony followed me home from DFW - friend gave me a heads up about it being on a curb just before I hit the road.

Need to clean up the Panasonic (found that by the dumpster, it has crayon, glitter, and nail polish all over it) and try to sell it; that'll be a drat nice TV once cleaned up if I can avoid damaging the anti-reflective coating on it. The Sharp 36" in the foreground works fine, but it's just your average 90s TV - I'll happily give that one away.

Weirdly, the Sony has a SCART connector, but it's unlabeled, and not mentioned in the manual - I'm guessing it's disabled on the US models, since SCART was never much of a thing here. It has HDMI, which I knew existed on some CRTs, but I've never seen it in person on a CRT. I have an old Sony Blu-Ray player that will go well with the TV (I think it's a 2007 model - it's the first or second model Sony released with an ethernet port - TV is 2004).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 17, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

Wow I really thought I had that TV but I had a Toshiba 30" (maybe) wide-screen flat faced tube TV.

The higher end Toshibas aren't bad at all, from what I've been able to dig up they're a step below Panasonic's Tau series (which is what my dumpster 32" is, though that one is a 4:3). The Triniton patents had expired by the time Toshiba was making those; pretty much everybody was making their own version of a Triniton at that point.

I'm kinda torn between keeping the Panasonic or the Proscan. The Panasonic is a heavy beast, but has component and s-video inputs - the Proscan is too old for that. But the Proscan is a proper rounded tube, which supposedly has better geometry for the oldest consoles.

Of course I came down to the garage to gently caress around on the Dreamcast, and the fucker won't read most of my games now (weirdly it'll reliably run my :filez: copy of Street Fighter III, that's about it though... none of the proper original games are booting in it except MDK2). I have two DC consoles, I was planning on converting whichever one had the drive die first to SD-EMU (and the associated power supply upgrade). Guess this one yelled PICK ME PICK ME! I expected the other to die first, it has far more use on it. There's a plethora of video output mods for these too, so I'll probably either do a solder-in HDMI mod, or something that'll give me component out.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My lovely Samsung 910MP bench TV will activate SCART mode if it's set to a region where SCART exists.

Looking at it again, it's not SCART - it's some kind of proprietary service port I think. I haven't gone into the menus at all yet, pretty much just turned it on and flipped through video inputs until I found the front one. Didn't realize it had a drat subwoofer until Street Fighter started up.

Need to get another s-video cable for the Dreamcast, and see if one will work with my Playstation (it's the OG SCPH-1001 that has actual RCA ports on it, but there's an AV port, so... probably). The Sony has 3 S-Video inputs (shared with 3 regular RCA), plus another RCA, 2 component, and 1 HDMI (though with separate audio for the HDMI port, I'm guessing it's really DVI-D with a HDMI plug).

I've already had 2 people from a CRT group I'm in on Facebook ask to buy it. :laffo: Nope, this is my keeper, but I'll sell any of the other working sets I have, some I'll give away. It's been repaired at some point (tag says "regulator kit" in Dec 2011 from Duncanville TV - I'm assuming voltage regulators after a surge?)

I might have a problem..

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 17, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, but some games don't support VGA. And this TV doesn't have a VGA input anyway. I know there's some VGA to component cables, but I don't know how well they'd work, or if the TV would be able to sync to the signal.

Holy poo poo, you're not joking about GDEmu knockoffs going up - even the Aliexpress clones are $100+ for the later revisions (last time I looked into this they were $50ish). And from what I've dug up, I may as well replace the power supply too, apparently the GDEmu pulls just enough continuous power to burn them out a bit faster?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Id really like to get back into manufacturing again.

Get'em! You got this!

I enjoyed manufacturing, it was the company (and hours) that were horrible. I have 3 interviews lined up in the next 2 weeks, but of the interviews I've had, they just look down their nose at me because I "only lasted 8 months". Tesla has something like a 300%+ annual turnover with assembly line people in TX, I outlasted EVERYONE in my original hiring group (and several months after mine). They seem to overlook the fact that it was 8 months of 60-90 hour weeks.

Mustache Ride posted:

Why would the tv support the volkswagen group of america?

My friend, you look like the kind of guy that would appreciate this here *slaps top* 36" Sharp CRT, with all of two composite inputs! My manager has authorized me to give one hell of a deal on it, today only though. Let's talk numbers, I think the finance guy is around here som... oh HEY CHAZ, I FOUND A SUC....ER... INTERESTED PARTY FOR THAT SHARP! YOU HAVE THE REMOTE FOR IT, RIGHT?

(no seriously, get this loving thing out of my garage, if anyone in Austin wants a free working 36" CRT they can have it - I have my two bucket list TVs now)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 18, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Humphreys posted:

Hey buddy, I see you looking at those Sharp 'TVs' over there, you seem a bit too sophisticated for that commoner rubbish, come over here and let me show you the wonders of PVMs!

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1615393818282426377

A bit rich for my blood there, good sir. I'm afraid I'll need to stick with my Tau and Triniton for now, but I will certainly keep your fine establishment in mind maybe if I win the lottery

Funny thing is I didn't pay a penny for any of these TVs - I've spent some money on remotes for them though (and dropped some coin on the original remote for the 13" Sony in an attempt to get it out of timer mode... hopefully I get that soon). The Panasonic Tau is a little rough (case is beat up, has nail polish, crayon, etc on it, but the tube should clean up fine, and it works fine). I'm probably going to rehome everything except the Tau and the two Trinitons.

Mustache Ride posted:

I will gladly drive this crt to the rehome store for you

I mean, if I want to take it to a store, I can probably fit it in the Matrix. Maybe... might have to go face down. I don't want it going to Goodwill though. I don't think they even accept CRTs anymore, but even if they did, I don't exactly like the organization.

(if you meant you'd actually take it for yourself, well by all means, come get this baby!)

NoWake posted:

8 mos * 4.33 weeks/mo * 90 hr/week = 3,120 hours.

Full-time employment is 2,080 hrs

3,120/2,080 = 1.49... could you just say you'd worked there for a year and a half?

I mean, I guess I COULD, except... the building didn't have a roof on it a year and a half ago. Also, it'll pop up on a background check if they verify using The Work Number or any of those other services. I'm not exactly interviewing with startups.

I did have a phone interview today - entry level role making a medical device, clean room environment, with a well established international company. The challenge with that one will be hand-eye coordination, since there's some very fine detail work (my hands can get a little shaky at times, I may ask my doctor to switch me to a different beta blocker - I know propranolol is very good when it comes to tremors). It'd pay a little more than Tesla, and it sounds like the benefits are better overall. 50 hours a week for now, 20 minute drive, and a small place, so I can park and walk right into the building (instead of parking a few miles away and taking a bus). Tesla has fantastic (and cheap) medical, but the rest of Tesla's benefits are just so so to blah (c'mon, $0.50c match per $1 up to 3% on a 401k? May as well just call it a 1.5% match).

EDIT: just got a face to face interview scheduled

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 18, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yea I was a little surprised because I did some Im-pretty-sure-but-definitely-a-guess answers. They only counted the questions you completed so I skipped some too, so glad I did.

Check out how awesome I am:

In college, I kept acing every exam in one class. Enough that I had a meeting with my instructor and the dean - the instructor had never had anybody get constant 100s and swore I must have "hacked her account" to get answer keys.

There were plenty of "I'm pretty sure but definitely a guess" answers where I got lucky (and a few "I'm closing my eyes, wherever my pencil lands is the answer"). My approach in a multiple choice exam was to spend no more than 15-30 seconds on a question. If I didn't have an answer by then, I'd make a barely perceptible dot next to it on my scantron form and come back to it after I finished the rest. Instructor brought my scantrons to the meeting - I pointed out those dots, pointed out the 2nd dot I'd make if I still wasn't sure, and how I'd go through the rest of the questions and come back again. If by the 3rd round I wasn't sure, it was just a guess. I pointed out that had I had the key, we weren't allowed notes anyway, I generally sat in the 2nd row (so she probably would have noticed if I had, say, written stuff on my hand or arm), and that on exam days, I'd show up 2-3 hours before class and cram my rear end off in one of the cubicles right next to the auditorium (the instructor had noticed me there several times).

I left out the part where I'd popped some dexedrine on exam days - hence why I was already on campus and cramming at 4:30am (7:30am class, but campus was unlocked at 4). :v:

Also you obviously never linked them to the Klaus forklift video. :colbert: Is that a recruiting site for just that company? I wonder how I'd do on some of them. I haven't driven a proper forklift or picker, but I was surrounded by them enough at Tesla that I think I could have the controls down quickly (and definitely the safety aspect).

Darchangel posted:

gently caress that kind of gatekeeping. Those assholes know who Tesla is and how they treat their employees, I guarantee it. You dodged a bullet - they're looking for someone who will take a beating indefinitely and not complain about long hours, lovely pay, and/or terrible management.

It's barely post-pandemic (if you even acknowledge that the pandemis is "over" :shh: it's not) Lots of folks had temp jobs, jobs disappear out from under them, gig economy, whatever. Job longevity is entirely a Boomer artifact at this point. They're just trying to kick back against "quiet quitting" and the younger generations' generally not putting up with management's poo poo (to which I say: attaboy! There's hope for the Millennials and Z yet.)

Pretty much, yeah. It doesn't help that the job I had before didn't last a year either, but I saw the writing on the wall and left just before they started laying people off (and converting others to part time). I figured they were preparing for a buyout - and they did get bought out by a competitor. Saw them selling assets/terminating leases, layoffs in other markets, most of their 18 wheeler drivers leaving (to the point that they were sending 2-3 box trucks to us every morning instead of a single reefer.. except they had air brakes and grossed over 20k, so needed a CDL anyway, but didn't have anyone with CDLs anymore)

I could REALLY use my W2 from both Tesla and IMPF about now - already have everything else I need to file. Hoping for a decent refund. I know in an ideal world, you don't owe and you don't get a refund, but my rear end is BROKE right now - I expected to have a job a month ago.

I'm only a couple of years from being a millennial, but I identify with them, ideologically, more than Gen X (but I'm equally comfortable with both). Boomers in particular seem to forget that some millennials are already in their 40s.

I got a face to face interview request from the company I had a phone interview with today. Hopefully it goes well; it's a cleanroom job, don't know how well that's going to go with my hair (was going to grow it back out, but it's still short-ish). Not a full on bunny suit job though, surgical garb instead. TBH I think I'd prefer a full suit, I had to wear them a few times at Tesla when going through paint.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 19, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Door Frame posted:

What kind of monster puts bowls face up? We want the dishwater collecting in our clean bowls? Do we really?

*eye twitching* NO. NO. BAD DAD.

Anytime my SO loads the dishwasher, I wind up unloading half of it and re-loading it. I'm very particular about how it's loaded, and I can fit a lot more in there than she can. She swears I'm going to break it by loading it so full. It doesn't care how many dishes are in there, just scrape the big chunks off first and prime the hot water. :colbert:

But it's also your basic apartment 90s dishwasher that doesn't do that great of a job. It seems to do best when I use powder detergent - it does okay with gel, but those newfangled packs makes it sud up so bad that I hear it sucking air during the main wash cycle. Then leaves a nasty residue on everything.

I'll run it half full if I need to though (sorry everdave) - it depends what's in it. I have enough plates and bowls to fill the entire thing, but not a lot of glasses.

I also won't go into the kitchen barefoot or in sandals. I've worked in enough kitchens to see what happens when a dropped knife goes through a kitchen shoe, and I keep my knives sharp. I don't even like wearing shorts in the kitchen if I'm making more than a snack.

Covok posted:

My boss also told me I should have used a lawyer and he knew a girl but like that sounds like I would lose money. What could a lawyer really do for a simple stop sign? He brought it because he let me come in late today and asked what happened.

Basically the same end result in your case, but it may have cost a little less money (or maybe more) - and you (usually) wouldn't need to go in person. Ticket chasers make their money on volume. They know the prosecutors, they know the judges. They just walk in with a stack of cases and hammer them all out at once. They know what it can be reduced to, they know what the prosecutor assigned to you is willing to do, they know what the judges will go for.

Covok posted:

That's what I thought. My friends were trying to convince me that somehow the county clerk hosed up and I'd be better going to trial because I would have been sentenced properly. And that just sounded crazy, especially since there is a $70 fee to request a trial. Which explains why they told me I'd pay $450 if I went to trial. Which makes me think they didn't reduce my fee but just made it a parking ticket so I wouldn't have points on my license.

Here's the way I see it.

It sometimes costs more to get it reduced to a non-moving violation, or to do defensive driving, deferred disposition (if that's a thing where you're at.. basically 90 days probation, don't gently caress up and it disappears), etc. That's money saved on your insurance over several years though. And if you wind up in something serious (like an at-fault accident), you have room for the points on your license.

Raluek posted:

agreed with this. we do the full suits, so everyone wears a hair net and hood. my hair is fairly long, and other than it occasionally having a mind of its own it's never been a problem. probably at least a hair net for your situation?

So did the interview today, got a tour. Didn't go inside the clean room, but did see them working through windows. Lots of people with long hair, they just keep it under a net. Beards are the real problem, since there's no hoods - it's more like surgical garb than anything, but with a larger mask.

Obviously, being a clean room, no music or personal devices, so repetition will get old. I'm told they'll rotate people to something else for a bit if they see them starting to zone out, or if they just ask. Definitely the longest non-professional role interview I've had (almost 2 hours); phone rang about 15 minutes after I left with the job offer though. Pretty drat solid benefits package. pay is a little better than Tesla. There's some mandatory OT right now, but it's an hour a day (come in an hour early, or leave an hour late - or do both if I want), plus optional half days on Saturdays for now. The manager who interviewed me (who would be my direct manager) is pretty old school, in the good ways - if I need to leave early one day (say, for a dr appointment), I can just make up the time the next day. If I can't come in for some reason, hey, poo poo happens, just give him a heads up when I can. If he's on vacation, his phone is turned off with a voicemail directing people to call someone else, and they have a very strict "DO NOT CONTACT UNLESS THIS PERSON IS ON THE CLOCK!!!!11!1!!1!!" policy for just about everyone (exception would be if I no show or something drastic, then they'll call to make sure I'm okay).

Everything I make for at least a month will just be sales samples, at best (and laser etched with SAMPLE) - they don't expect me to make anything usable for a good bit.

The pay is a little low for medical devices IMO, but it's very much an entry level role with room to move up/make more money as I learn, and it's actually enough to live on here. It's still more than I made at Tesla, has a shitload of vacation time per year too. And as he put it, he has several Tesla refugees under him, so I'll probably be in good company.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 20, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sounds like it was essentially reduced to a parking ticket.

At least where I'm at, cops can often still see your full history, but insurance and abstracts can't - it MIGHT show as a parking ticket, but those are usually issued to a vehicle, not a person.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So much for my background check XD

So I got the job, totally aced the interview. I was also wondering if I would have to cut my hair working around machinery but the guy showing me around just mentioned Id have to put it up which is freakin awesome. I really didnt want to cut it but I probably would have if I had to. This seems like a really good company.

When I worked at the last plant with clean rooms there were guys with long hair in there. It no doubt depends on the company but I hope you dont have to cut yours either. It sucks after taking so long to grow out.

Awesome man! I'm growing mine back out too, they said it's no problem as long as it'll fit in a hair net. Bossman said he wishes he could grow his back out again and pulled his hat off.... to show a chrome dome Uh... sorry my hair genes are better than yours boss, if it makes boss feel any better it's rapidly trying to migrate down my back toward my rear end. I have thicker hair than my GF.. :laffo: Really unusual for my family, my mom's side (male and female) is usually bald by 30ish. My dad's side is usually at least thinning by 30. I'm sure that just because I typed this, the next time I take my hat off, all of my hair will fall off.

There won't be any real machinery I work with for assembly, aside from sterilization stuff (steam + heat) - this is hand made stuff, I was told after 6+ months I'd be expected to be cranking out 10-12 pieces a day (maybe 1 piece every 2 days when I start). I was pretty surprised how large some of these parts are - they're parts that get implanted. He started throwing out numbers, and just looking at the parts I was handling, and knowing what size my piercings are, I threw out "I'm assuming millimeters, right? Most of the science world uses metric anyway", and he apologized and confirmed yes, mm. Then looked at my earlobe holes, asked what size they were - I told him, he actually found sales samples that pretty much fit. :laffo: Obviously I'll have to take them out at work. I was impressed that he knew how to pronounce my SO's hometown (in Mexico) properly - even most American Hispanics don't pronounce it properly, and I've run into exactly ZERO gringos who can say it properly (aside from me). Turns out the lead I'll be training under is from my SO's hometown (a far north Mexico border town), one I've been to plenty of times. She's been there since the beginning.

I have a backup job lined up just to be safe - the bar across the street needs help, and, well, I already spend a stupid amount of time there (they close at 10 most nights, 12 on weekends - it's a beer/wine bar, no liquor). No benefits, but a very very good hourly pay + tips (hourly alone is more than I'd make with the new job).

I need to go by the restaurant I briefly worked at last year and see what's up with my W2. I haven't received it yet, but I got a paystub (no check attached) in the mail after I left showing more money. She doesn't do direct deposit, so I'm confused. I don't have Tesla's W2 yet either (yet), but I really want to get everything filed so I can get my refund. My bank account is huuuuurting - I finally got it out of the negative, but still need to cough up $250 for 3 months of car insurance so I don't get dropped.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My kid traded his ‘97 Grand Cherokee on this ‘99 V70 manual today, straight up. The Volvo sickness in my family seems to be spreading.

IPD exhaust adapted from an 850R, Koni shocks with Eibach springs, and a very bad shift boot and knob.

Goddamn. Your kid not only rocks, but he's a hell of a negotiator. That's a SWEET Volvo! Can I borrow him next time I buy a car? It's gonna be soon, the Vic's transmission is beyond borrowed time (3rd gear is there just to tease me now), and now that used car values are coming back to somewhat normal, I have no desire to drop $5k on a transmission rebuild on a beat to poo poo car.

Nothing wrong with a 97 GC if it's a 4.0; run away if it's anything else.

StormDrain posted:

Run the dishwasher whenever. It's cheap. Run it at half. Run it before a big dinner day. Run it Sunday morning. Keep it moving, don't try to fill it. Empty it when it's done. Dirty dishes go in the dishwasher, nothing goes in the sink unless the dishwasher is running. If you walk up and have a dirty dish and the dishwasher is complete, you won the lottery and get to empty it.

This. As long as you keep heated dry off, they don't cost that much to run (especially with a gas or heat pump water heater). It's when you turn on heated dry that things get expensive. An electric water heater can make it a bit more expensive (we have an electric 50 gallon), but even 90s dishwashers only use maybe 10-15 gallons of hot water, assuming you're using the heavy duty cycle. An average shower uses far more. Just turn off the drat heated dry, crack it open once it's done so it can air dry. Our HIGHEST electric bill ever has been $190, and that's been with a massively undersized AC + 2 window units running all summer (it's usually $120-150 outside of the hottest months, $30-50 in the winter since we keep the heat around 62).

This is the fight I've been having with my SO for FIVE loving YEARS. Our original deal was "if you empty the dishwasher when it's done, I will do everything else in the kitchen, from cooking to scrubbing to mopping". I do about 90% of the cooking. It never gets emptied, I finally printed a copy of the text message agreement and taped it to the dishwasher. Didn't do any good, but at least I don't get yelled at if roaches show up now.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 21, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm trying to imagine how absolutely horrifying doing even 93 in any of your vehicles was.

And how much meth you were on to even think that was a good idea. :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Manual swap your Vic!!!!!

As much fun as that would be.. it would cost just as much as a rebuild, and my hips and knees aren't fans of clutches anymore. I don't really have anywhere to do it either - I do have a garage, but it's pretty small.

Fluid looks good, but it has the symptoms of a smoked forward clutch - delayed engagement (this just started yesterday), really nasty downshift from 4th to 3rd (forward clutch isn't used in 4th, re-engages going into 3rd - but that downshift issue has been going on at least 6 months). I might temp fate and change the filter + drain/fill and toss some Lucas goo in there, but these are pretty well known for making GBS threads out around 150k - and I'm at 145k with the shifts firmed up considerably via a tune. I'm going to soften the shifts up via tune to try and take some of the wear off that clutch.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 22, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I still don't have the room to do it, nor do I particularly want to work on an autobox - that's the kind of thing I'd rather farm out and pay someone to fix (rebuild in this case). This thing barely fits in my garage (I might be able to move some stuff out temporarily to free up a couple of feet on one side), but it's a 1 car garage in an apartment complex. There's people who do work on their cars here, but the newer half of the complex has much larger garages.

For now, when I know I'm going to need a 4-3 downshift, I hit O/D off and roll into the throttle. Kind of like rev matching... sorta. Just gonna limp it along until I can either throw money at it, or replace the car. If I rebuild it, it sounds like adding the extra plates from a truck version would be a good idea?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Okay guys. Battling roach infestation from hell. We're not dirty (kinda sloppy, but not hoarder sloppy, just "eh stuff will pile up on the desk now and then, dishes sometimes take a day to go into the dishwasher" sloppy). SO and I just had it out, I've been trying to get help for over 6 months on this poo poo, including trying to put us in a hotel for a couple of days so we can have pros bomb the place. Last night the smoke detectors kept going off, I ripped the bedroom smoke down and found roaches in it (the smoke is only 3 or 4 weeks old). So I'm in full on "gently caress this, burn it to the ground" mode.

The center of this seems to be the kitchen - next door neighbor's had a pipe break in their kitchen a couple of years ago (flooded both my kitchen and garage), which is about when they started. I'm in full on "if it has signs of roach poop or eggs on it, it's garbage". SO doesn't want me throwing away anything electrical. Well, the Nest Hub in the kitchen is absolutely covered in roach poo poo, so is the receiver for the Wyze outdoor cams (4 roaches ran out of the ethernet port when I unplugged it and picked it up by the power cord). This. Is. loving. Disgusting.

Am I right in wanting to throw away anything showing signs of contamination/poop/eggs? Or can some of this be saved? I've already thrown away the Hub and Wyze receiver (they were loving disgusting). As it is I plan to empty all of the cabinets, bomb the kitchen, lay down contact paper in the cabinets, and wash all dishes (then put them back in the cabinets upside down - restaurant style, which is what I prefer anyway). Last time I used my air fryer, dead roaches flew out the back of it when the fan kicked on, so I plan to throw that away too.

kastein posted:

Agreed. It's a little counterintuitive but on autos if they're known for fragging gearsets or other hard parts, you soften up the shifts to keep them alive. If they're known for just wearing clutch packs out, you either add more line pressure, crank the shift firmness/engagement dwell/shift solenoid modulation all the way down, or add more frictions and steels to keep them alive. You want that thing shifting hard so it spends less time slipping and scrubs less material off the frictions.

If it has both problems, it's called a 4L60e and you swap to a 4L80e.

4R70/75s are pretty well known for just making GBS threads out in general around 150k on P71s. I'm at 145k, so right in line with when they usually take a dump. They usually seem to poo poo out the forward clutch/drum (which isn't used for 4th/OD - the first sign is nasty flare on a 4-3 downshift when it tries to re-engage the forward clutch, had that going on for a long time now - the next symptom is delayed engagement into forward gears). I'm hitting the O/D OFF button as soon as I start it for now unless I plan to get on the highway; I'll take higher city RPMs to make it last a little longer. I'm already at the point where it takes up to 5 seconds to solidly engage forward motion (it'll start creeping, but finally ka-chunk if I touch the throttle or just give it some time).

The dwell is pretty much negative at this point (it tries to rip the engine out of the mounts on the 1-2 shift if the tires hold; they usually hold on a dry road, in the rain they break loose unless I'm driving like grandma), firmness is "yes". I know hard/fast shifts make an auto last longer, which is why when my tuner wanted to know how hard I wanted it to shift, I said "as hard as possible without breaking anything" (he sent me another file that's firmer than stock, but it's a "7/10" - stock is "5/10", I'm at "10/10"); it kicks the rear end end out going into 2nd in the rain if I'm not careful. Hell, it kicks it out going around a turn on dry roads if I'm not careful and not ready for that 1-2 shift (already resulted in two "conversations" with the local PD - my $55 Walmart tires probably don't help). On the P71s, it's usually either a broken c-clip for 4th or a worn out forward clutch that takes them out.

It does look like Ford did a "cost-saving redesign" around 2000 that allows pressure to leak between the overdrive and forward clutches when the pressure is cranked up (they removed some bolts in the valve body - this winds up with both cluches trying to apply slightly when they shouldn't), but it's impossible to tell if that's why it failed without tearing down the valve body. I have a feeling that may be somewhat related to why mine is dying; I've had a tune with increased line pressure for well over a year.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 23, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

e: that was way too much of a rant. sorry.

Yes, manual swaps are well documented and mostly done with F-150 and Mustang parts. Need a tune for the PCM. My hips and knees still don't like manual too much anymore though, I can barely out of the car as it is.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dawg, that dog is staying home or getting boarded somehow, or brother's family isn't going. You never take a destructive pet to a rental (I don't even like taking well behaved pets to a rental, but I'm gonna have to do that when we fog the place); whoever's name is on the paperwork (sounds like it'd be mom's name) will be the one getting sued for damages. And it sounds like this dog is more than capable of doing enough damage that someone would wind up with a lawsuit.

On top of damages, whoever gets sued would also get sued for lost income from the property being unrentable for however long it takes to get things fixed (and oh boy can they drag their feet on that). Kind of like when you wreck a rental car, the rental company hits you for both the car and the money they potentially lose by not being able to rent the car out. I've been through this in just an apartment; I took in a 2nd cat that didn't get along with my first cat and had to rehome him. I didn't think he did any damage, but when I moved out, the leasing office said they found cat piss in the padding and concrete in front of the bedroom door - lost a good chunk of my deposit to them treating that and having to delay the next tenant's move-in by a day (at least I'd been there long enough that they'd already planned new carpet and padding)..

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 23, 2023