Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Shinji2015 posted:

Both the PS5 and Series X are backwards compatible with PS4/Xbox games (as long as they have a disc drive), but the Series X is backwards compatible with all generation Xbox discs. I'd say that it depends on your game library, but if you don't want to purchase RDR again the Series X is the way to go (Sony has been gradually porting classic games to its PS Plus Classics catalog, which RDR is included)

Yeah I didn’t consider not having backwards compatibility to PS3 when I bought the PS4 and I really miss the original RDR. I very much prefer the PS controller and have never had an issue with them but I’ll prob swap on my next upgrade whenever that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah I didn’t consider not having backwards compatibility to PS3 when I bought the PS4 and I really miss the original RDR. I very much prefer the PS controller and have never had an issue with them but I’ll prob swap on my next upgrade whenever that is.

I ended up liking the PS3 more than the 360, but it being such a disaster to work with is why the PS4/5 doesn't have backwards compatability with it, unfortunately.

And if you have a decent enough PC, you could probably run RDR on it and play with a PS controller, if it's a big enough deal for you

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Shinji2015 posted:

I ended up liking the PS3 more than the 360, but it being such a disaster to work with is why the PS4/5 doesn't have backwards compatability with it, unfortunately.

And if you have a decent enough PC, you could probably run RDR on it and play with a PS controller, if it's a big enough deal for you

As a forums browser and adult college student I just have a MacBook Air. I’ve long since abandoned PC gaming (TFC engineer/sniper :911:).

I’m probably years away from an upgrade anyway, I just don’t game enough. But I really thought PS4 would have backwards compatibility. I wish they’d remaster it like they did for GTAV, but at this point they won’t do that for PS4.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

As a forums browser and adult college student I just have a MacBook Air. I’ve long since abandoned PC gaming (TFC engineer/sniper :911:).

I’m probably years away from an upgrade anyway, I just don’t game enough. But I really thought PS4 would have backwards compatibility. I wish they’d remaster it like they did for GTAV, but at this point they won’t do that for PS4.

GTAV Online being so lucrative is the main reason why it got so many ports. Like, they tried launching RDR2 Online hoping to get the same results, and all that got was one expansion. Meanwhile GTAV Online is still getting new content and it's over a decade old at this point

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1665022373924417538

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want to play Diablo so bad

It’s preordered and available and loaded on my computer

Instead I’m doing things that are not Diablo

Who have I become

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Crossposting from AI:

I saw someone with that dumb got your six sticker, it was a thin green line though? They also had a punisher logo which continues to show these ding dongs have no ability to understand media.

e: oh the green line is border patrol so doublefuck that dipshit

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Futureman is probably one of my favorite comedy series of all times, and somehow I always forget to list or recommend it. Wolf and Tiger being so matter of fact about incredibly absurd things never gets old.

:getin:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I want to play Diablo so bad

It’s preordered and available and loaded on my computer

Instead I’m doing things that are not Diablo

Who have I become

An adult

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

He was great in that but I love him in 12 Monkeys

:emptyquote:

And I will completely mark out if I see Christopher Walken in a movie.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 3, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
crazy someone found chiche's car

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Hi folks,

I'm gettin married today.

Well, cya.

Congrats Seifer!!!!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The amount of NineLine and fashy UA shirts that are all over my middle class suburban neighborhood is both hilarious and terrifying.

Like everything has a backwards flag and some weird death squad poo poo on it. It would be less concerning if it weren’t on so many small kids.

seiferguy posted:

Hi folks,

Well, cya.

Yooooo congrats!!!!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

Hi folks,

Well, cya.

Late, but congrats and enjoy the day!

Freaquency posted:

I saw someone with that dumb got your six sticker, it was a thin green line though? They also had a punisher logo which continues to show these ding dongs have no ability to understand media.

It’s because of American Sniper, not the comics.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 3, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

gently caress I wish my kid was like three years older so I could take him to see Spider-Man in the theater. Just not sure he could sit through a movie yet without making a ton of noise.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bird in a Blender posted:

gently caress I wish my kid was like three years older so I could take him to see Spider-Man in the theater. Just not sure he could sit through a movie yet without making a ton of noise.

The Drafthouse has showings for kids and sensory folks with not all the way out house lights and I think slightly lower volume. It’s how we’d take our kiddo to movies when he was younger.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Neil Armbong posted:

Late, but congrats and enjoy the day!

It’s because of American Sniper, not the comics.

I did not watch the propaganda film so I didn’t know there was any relation between the two

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

seiferguy posted:

Hi folks,

Well, cya.

Happy wedding day!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ehud posted:

My favorite Gary Oldman thing is him acting his rear end off in Dracula opposite Keanu Reeves.

Those scenes in Dracula’s castle have to be the most uneven performances I’ve ever seen.

Favorite weird little Keanu Reeves fact, from his wikipeida page.

quote:

Besides film work, Reeves retreated briefly to the theatre playing Prince Hamlet in a 1995 Manitoba Theatre Centre production of Hamlet in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The Sunday Times critic Roger Lewis believed his performance, writing he "quite embodied the innocence, the splendid fury, the animal grace of the leaps and bounds, the emotional violence, that form the Prince of Denmark ... He is one of the top three Hamlets I have seen, for a simple reason: he is Hamlet".

This would have been 3 years after Dracula.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

The amount of NineLine and fashy UA shirts that are all over my middle class suburban neighborhood is both hilarious and terrifying.

Like everything has a backwards flag and some weird death squad poo poo on it. It would be less concerning if it weren’t on so many small kids.

Yooooo congrats!!!!

Like at least half those kids are going to grow up loving hating their parents

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Air Skwirl posted:

Like at least half those kids are going to grow up loving hating their parents

Absolutely

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Freaquency posted:

I saw the IGY6 last time, but didn't know what it was until we saw it written out over the windshield yesterday. The town we live in is abbreviated IGH, so I figured it was some hyper-local boot licking the first time around.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Driving around with I GOT YOUR SIX plastered on my car, my clothes, both testicles....

...we are always at war. :black101:

I have to deal with enough of this tacticool poo poo at work, I hate it that it has bled into like basically all suburban life.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

Favorite weird little Keanu Reeves fact, from his wikipeida page.

This would have been 3 years after Dracula.

Keanu was kinda a victim of his own success when it comes to the roles he gets. After speed no one was going to want to see him do my own private Idaho or much ado about nothing. Even films that were ostensibly kinda boring got sold as action flicks. I remember chain reaction (again, something I saw late night hbo so seared into my memory) being advertised as this huge action flick and a trailer that was mostly that fan boat chase across ice.

And he was so insanely good at them. Iirc around the time Constantine came out he’d starred in like 7/10 highest grossing action films of the last ten years. And I think it wore on him honestly. Even in something like speed he was charming. He had range. And he TRIED to bring something to devils advocate. Plenty of actors fail miserably trying southern accents. But after that it was just flat Keanu.

His action movie ascension also coincided with him really getting into Buddhism and based on all his interviews I just think he stopped caring. He seems to understand what a ridiculously privileged life he’s leading and is okay to go with the flow. He also got really into French philosophy for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOq7ma7HGUQ

But Keanu has always been a complete professional who has always thrown his effort (and body) into all his projects. Not just the stunts or the fights which he’s great at. But eh goes out of his way to learn the names of all the crew, and buys people surprise trips if it’s their anniversary, or helps out if someone he knew has medical bills etc and he never seeks praise or recognition. He’s just an incredibly genuine person who got lucky and knows it and would probably be just as happy like owning a surf shop in Malibu.

Keanu just needs to do an off broadway production of Macbeth.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In a similar vein, Drew Carey is just a great dude and he can host as many shlocky gameshows as he wants for as long as he wants if he's just gonna be a good dude.

Hell yeah Keanu, go for it, make 8 more Matrix films.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Double posting for funny baseball content

https://twitter.com/MrMatthewCFB/status/1665100188837445632

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

RINALDO RINALDO RINALDO

WE ARE AT COSTCO

DO WE BUY IT

RUGMERGENCY

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

that doesn't look like LSU colors

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That is by design.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I put the cheese on too early :smith:

It still tasted great :unsmith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I hope Rinaldo hates it because we bought it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm finishing dad of war 2 before I lose my life to diablo next weekend. Still such an amazing game.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
https://twitter.com/kennyislittle/status/1664687911152017408?s=46&t=UTuBAXlnJXiTaorkSA_uTQ

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I admire the heads up play by the runner to really just be paying attention to whether or not he can get home

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

I put the cheese on too early :smith:

It still tasted great :unsmith:

I'm amazed you were able to get close enough to the supernova to retrieve these.

The PC version of Diablo is amazing. A boring old 2070 Super has it locked at 120fps with everything on Ultra, DLSS on max, haven't had so much as a stutter let alone a crash or other game problem after about 30 levels of clickin'. Feels like old Diablo 2 with modern graphics. Definitely worth getting if you liked Diablos of Yore.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I gotta be honest, I thought Diablo 4 dropped like six months and had just kind of come and gone. Happy for y'all with the time and interest for gaming these days, seems like we're in a high watermark period as of late.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

isn't gary oldman a raper

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Both the PS5 and Series X are backwards compatible with PS4/Xbox games (as long as they have a disc drive), but the Series X is backwards compatible with all generation Xbox discs. I'd say that it depends on your game library, but if you don't want to purchase RDR again the Series X is the way to go (Sony has been gradually porting classic games to its PS Plus Classics catalog, which RDR is included)

Yeah, PS5 can do the PS4's discs (if you get the version with the disc drive) and the digital titles, the Xbox Series S can do everything digitally, all of the Xbox One discs, and some of the Xbox 360/original Xbox generation disc-wise. Good news is Xbox 360 Red Dead is also available digitally for $30. Which might be worth looking into if you want to do the lazy man's current gen upgrade, an Xbox Series S and the GamePass service.

LeeMajors posted:

I just don't loving get it, which is why I'm mortgage-committed to somewhere else I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Keanu was kinda a victim of his own success when it comes to the roles he gets.

I have long gotten over this and recognize that he's great, but I remember as a kid watching his early career stuff really disliking him because he was just the guy who said 'whoah' and looked at the camera with puppy eyes.

Most of this is just getting better roles I'm sure, but I do think he got better at his job over time.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 4, 2023