Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Probably had a party in their EV and had to get it out of their frunk.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Wife and I bought too many plants so I was cramming them in every corner of my garden. If they all survive I will finally have a dense wildflower garden. It’s been getting better every year so this may be the last time I have to plant anything for a while.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I took today off work for no other reason than mondays suck. Gonna get a hair cut, exercise and then play video games all day. A+ monday.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I am struggling very hard to maintain interest in my current job and I spend most days trying to resist quitting on the spot to just be a full time student.

Hopefully in like a year or so I can start working on getting a paid engineering internship while I'm finishing up my degree.

BlindSite posted:

I took today off work for no other reason than mondays suck. Gonna get a hair cut, exercise and then play video games all day. A+ monday.

Mental health days are the best.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

I am struggling very hard to maintain interest in my current job and I spend most days trying to resist quitting on the spot to just be a full time student.

Hopefully in like a year or so I can start working on getting a paid engineering internship while I'm finishing up my degree.

Mental health days are the best.

What do you do? This will be the one time I don't say "work for USPS" because sadly it's not really conducive to going to school unless your classes were entirely online or something.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Air Skwirl posted:

What do you do? This will be the one time I don't say "work for USPS" because sadly it's not really conducive to going to school unless your classes were entirely online or something.

I'm a paramedic. I'm so loving bored but I have enough seniority to pick which of the lovely schedules is least lovely for me at least.

At this point I have to just stick it out I can't afford to give up the seniority or the benefits, but I would love to be able to just be a full time student.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

kiimo posted:

I'm going to have to disagree with this. Chronically late people are bad time managers, they can't just flip a switch and then suddenly change who they are. On-time people think hey simply stop being late and take it personally like these people are capable of being on time and just don't care about you enough to be better. But I think it's a personality flaw that is hard to overcome more than it is an indication that they don't value you or your time.

It's like just quit smoking, I find it rude

You’re not wrong, but I can still get pissed at them and feel like they’re not respecting my time and there’s a difference between chronically late and just having no loving clue. My friend’s girlfriend is the most aloof person I’ve ever met that has ZERO concept of time, like we’ll agree to meet at 12:30 for something and he’ll text her at 12:00, and be like yo where the gently caress are you, and she’ll be like “Just got to the gym! :j::fuckoff:

(Ironically it was not her I was pissed at in this instance, I was happy to have plans with a couple of other people that didn’t include her and start on time, then they were both late :v:)

Bird in a Blender posted:

Wife and I bought too many plants so I was cramming them in every corner of my garden. If they all survive I will finally have a dense wildflower garden. It’s been getting better every year so this may be the last time I have to plant anything for a while.

We are having mixed luck with our plants lol. At her parents house we planted corn, watermelon, carrots, lettuce, and potatoes. Squirrels plucked out the corn right when it sprouted, 50% of the melons didn’t do poo poo, the other 50% are fine, and taters lettuce and carrots are all doing great.

At our place, half of our herbs never sprouted strong enough to plant, the peppers are doing decent, and our tomatoes fuckin took off. Half of our hanging plants and pretty pollinators got scorched in this heat wave though :(

BlindSite posted:

Definitely gonna blow a handful of days this summer just loving off during the week and doing nothing but fish golf and day drink

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The new Spider-Man movie has so much going on it could be two movies.

:thejoke:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s been an entire weekend and I still haven’t played one second of Diablo 4. My extra $ for pre-launch-date is wasted.

Haven’t played nearly enough Zelda either.

And the next 6 weeks are going to be brutally busy.

I don’t want responsibilities - I want 2 game :smith:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

T-Square posted:

We are having mixed luck with our plants lol. At her parents house we planted corn, watermelon, carrots, lettuce, and potatoes. Squirrels plucked out the corn right when it sprouted, 50% of the melons didn’t do poo poo, the other 50% are fine, and taters lettuce and carrots are all doing great.

At our place, half of our herbs never sprouted strong enough to plant, the peppers are doing decent, and our tomatoes fuckin took off. Half of our hanging plants and pretty pollinators got scorched in this heat wave though :(

90% of what I planted grows underground with the hope that the squirrels won’t have at it. The one tomato plant I bought already died and I just replaced it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

We had to put netting up over part of our garden because rabbits and birds kept eating all the greens and peas. Now they’re finally starting to grow. We must have put 30 plants in the ground today and we better start getting some rain here because I don’t want to have to water every day.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Re: chronically late folks…

I’m sure there are some people who have issues with time management, but let’s not call it a medical issue like addiction or whatever. Time management is a learned skill.

Now, I am biased because I am hardly ever late—but just look at your loving watch and get there, it isn’t hard.

If you have a chronically late person in your life, look to see if they have been fired for tardiness or paid a billion dollars in appointment cancellation fees. I’d almost guarantee they haven’t. In which case, you know they have a watch and how to use it.

Just no respect for other people’s time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

I’m sure there are some people who have issues with time management, but let’s not call it a medical issue like addiction or whatever. Time management is a learned skill.

Now, I am biased because I am hardly ever late—but just look at your loving watch and get there, it isn’t hard.

If you have a chronically late person in your life, look to see if they have been fired for tardiness or paid a billion dollars in appointment cancellation fees. I’d almost guarantee they haven’t. In which case, you know they have a watch and how to use it.

Yeah, its kind of ridiculous to say being late has the same feedback pathway as a cigarette.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Birds have shamelessly stolen our first two tomatoes, so I guess I'm putting up netting this week too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Eh I really do understand his point though. Ive got a family member with mental health issues that relate to him being chronically late. He's late on everything. Procrastinator etc

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s been an entire weekend and I still haven’t played one second of Diablo 4. My extra $ for pre-launch-date is wasted.

Haven’t played nearly enough Zelda either.

And the next 6 weeks are going to be brutally busy.

I don’t want responsibilities - I want 2 game :smith:

I'm probably the only one in this thread with this particular type of brain worm but I'm really looking forward to the System Shock remake that just came out (and right there with you about not playing a second of it yet). It's supposed to be good-ish? It seems?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Eh I really do understand his point though. Ive got a family member with mental health issues that relate to him being chronically late. He's late on everything. Procrastinator etc

I mean there are certainly people to whom that applies but that would be uniform dysfunction throughout their life and they’d have difficulty holding onto jobs or doing anything really.

That percentage is diminishingly small compared to the otherwise functional adults who just refuse to be on time to social engagements, and also seem to think it’s no big deal to waste other people’s time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

I mean there are certainly people to whom that applies but that would be uniform dysfunction throughout their life and they’d have difficulty holding onto jobs or doing anything really.

That percentage is diminishingly small compared to the otherwise functional adults who just refuse to be on time to social engagements, and also seem to think it’s no big deal to waste other people’s time.

Yeah that sounds like her actually. Works for himself but at a very low level because a he’s just so unreliable time wise

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah that sounds like her actually. Works for himself but at a very low level because a he’s just so unreliable time wise

Adapt and overcome.

My MiL like pretty clearly had undiagnosed ADHD but she’s managed to hold down a job for 40+ years and retire, and somehow makes it to all her appointments and things on time. But making plans for like dinner or anything that isn’t DO OR DIE and she’ll be unavailable by phone then text like 30min after the agreed upon time and, well, yeah of course we think you don’t respect our time at all.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Thinking of putting solar panels on my shed to power a couple LED lights, battery chargers, and the occasional shop vac or saw (like, maybe an hour total cut time one day a month) instead of spending a thousand bucks for wires alone to run power to it.

Anyone have any experience with solar that can recommend good brands? Doesn't have to be top of the line, just good. Amazon has some sets but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Adapt and overcome.

This feels akin to telling a homeless person to just work harder but Im not trying to debate it in the tff chat thread

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 5, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Huh MGM+ has Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Theives.

I sometimes forget how fast things turn around from theater to streaming/cable TV these days.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

I sometimes forget how fast things turn around from theater to streaming/cable TV these days.

Its surprisingly really enjoyable.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

This feels akin to telling a homeless person to just work harder but Im not trying to debate it in the tff chat thread

Im not even sure how to respond to this but needless to say I disagree.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's pretty good and it was weird seeing Hugh Grant in it. I loved the really fat dragon. :btroll:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I caught Dungeons & Dragons in the theater and loved it. It's kinda funny too how by the studio standards it wasn't "successful" but for Hasbro this was a slam dunk in terms of advertising.

Hugh Grant taking heel roles is amazing.

Also the crew running into the party from the 80's cartoon was fun.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I did band and sports all four years of high school, and if I took nothing else away from those experiences I came away from them with a borderline compulsion to be early for everything. Mention that next time some dummy tries to tell you that public school extracurriculars don't teach you anything important.

I caught Dungeons & Dragons in the theater and loved it. It's kinda funny too how by the studio standards it wasn't "successful" but for Hasbro this was a slam dunk in terms of advertising.

Hugh Grant taking heel roles is amazing.

Also the crew running into the party from the 80's cartoon was fun.

It's a good movie OP, and Hugh Grant in particular was bringing his A-game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Im not even sure how to respond to this but needless to say I disagree.

It should’ve only quoted the “Adapt and overcome” nonsense, not the rest. Telling mentally ill people to just adapt doesn’t seem like the best advice but I’m not a medical professional in the mental health field. Not sure if we have one in the thread.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

It should’ve only quoted the “Adapt and overcome” nonsense, not the rest

Oh I meant like good for them for adapting. I wasn’t being snarky.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Oh I meant like good for them for adapting. I wasn’t being snarky.

Ohhh my fault. Misunderstood you

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Think my wife is starting to get annoyed because for the last 2 hours I’ve only responded to her with quotes from Kung-Pow!

“Have you seen the drill?”
“Tell me if you see a Radio Shack!”

“Want me to order Carls Jr?”
“Taco Bell, Taco Bell, product placement with Taco Bell. Enchirito Taco Burrito”

“Want me to put the boy to bed?”
“No! He would kill you like a small dog”

Hope we fool around later so I can yell “that’s a lot of nuts!” at some point

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Thinking of putting solar panels on my shed to power a couple LED lights, battery chargers, and the occasional shop vac or saw (like, maybe an hour total cut time one day a month) instead of spending a thousand bucks for wires alone to run power to it.

Anyone have any experience with solar that can recommend good brands? Doesn't have to be top of the line, just good. Amazon has some sets but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are.

The problem you're going to have with the saw as part of your problem scope is that the peak draw of that saw puts you into the higher tier of battery banks and inverters before you add the solar, so your savings are likely not going to be great versus just running wire.

If the it being a project is part of the allure, rather than cost savings, as long as you stick with LiFePO4 chemistry, catastrophic failure is unlikely even with cheap gear.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

Think my wife is starting to get annoyed because for the last 2 hours I’ve only responded to her with quotes from Kung-Pow!

“Have you seen the drill?”
“Tell me if you see a Radio Shack!”

“Want me to order Carls Jr?”
“Taco Bell, Taco Bell, product placement with Taco Bell. Enchirito Taco Burrito”

“Want me to put the boy to bed?”
“No! He would kill you like a small dog”

Hope we fool around later so I can yell “that’s a lot of nuts!” at some point

Every so often out of nowhere I find myself singing the Neosporin song for absolutely no reason, fantastic movie

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Every so often out of nowhere I find myself singing the Neosporin song for absolutely no reason, fantastic movie

It’s started because before I took a shower I was looking for a shirt and thought “I am a great magician, your shirt is RED” out of nowhere and it kinda snowballed

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If your friends are notoriously 30 minutes late simply be 45 minutes late, bing bong simple. Or get different friends, it's probably easier

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Qwijib0 posted:

The problem you're going to have with the saw as part of your problem scope is that the peak draw of that saw puts you into the higher tier of battery banks and inverters before you add the solar, so your savings are likely not going to be great versus just running wire.

If the it being a project is part of the allure, rather than cost savings, as long as you stick with LiFePO4 chemistry, catastrophic failure is unlikely even with cheap gear.

Yeeaaahhh, I figured I'd need to go at least a 2000 if not 3000 watt inverter for that limited possibility. 99.9% of the time it would be for a couple LED lights and over the holidays some LED Christmas lights. Maybe a security camera - all very low draw items.

Guess I just liked the allure of not having to run a 200' extension cord when I need to vacuum or run a small compressor to refill my mower's tire because heaven forbid the thing holds air for more than a day or the battery cranks after sitting for 5 minutes or ...

Whoa.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Guess I just liked the allure of not having to run a 200' extension cord when I need to vacuum or run a small compressor to refill my mower's tire because heaven forbid the thing holds air for more than a day or the battery cranks after sitting for 5 minutes or ...

Whoa.

The other solution is to just go full battery on the tool side, cordless air compressor, saw, vac etc and then use the cordless tool batteries as your storage. Might even come out as a wash over upsizing the main inverter and doing a system battery.

a number of the battery ecosystems also have inverters you can plug a battery into to get 120v back out for other light loads

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Grittybeard posted:

I'm probably the only one in this thread with this particular type of brain worm but I'm really looking forward to the System Shock remake that just came out (and right there with you about not playing a second of it yet). It's supposed to be good-ish? It seems?

If you haven't played through the 2017 video game Prey, I have some very good news about a game you're going to enjoy for 30 - 300 hours.

Only bringing it up because the thread title for Prey has been "they named the third System Shock game 'Prey'" for as long as I can remember.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I spent over 25 hours on Diablo IV this weekend.

It's safe to say this poo poo is just as addictive as 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am constantly late but that's a latino thing, sometimes I ask do you mean 7 or Peruvian 7 (8)