Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bird in a Blender posted:

I would recommend doing anything else that is not sales. Sales sucks. If there is a hell, being a salesman is what they would make me do for eternity.

Hell is physical retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Confession: I've never seen an entire Fast & Furious movie.

I've seen parts of them in passing in places, I know the vague plots and whatnot through cultural osmosis, but I'm not at all a 'car person' so they never had interest for me early on, and even knowing now that they're "Super hero movies but their super power is cars and family" as they've been described more than once, I just can't :effort: to go and watch them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, but Puppy Bowl XIX is on

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vertical Lime posted:

today i learned it's also on hbo max, tbs and discovery channel

at this rate one day they're gonna try a manningcast

I would watch Peyton and Eli talk about puppies.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

Man, I really wish there was a manningcast for the actual superbowl.

ABC is going to have Super Bowl LXI in 2027 as part of the updated TV contracts that start next year (Which also includes flex scheduling being applied to Monday Night Football). If they are still doing the Manningcast, I can see them sticking version of that on ESPN or ESPN2 as part of some bigger megacast like they do for the college football championship game.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

In case anyone is wondering, yes that is a joke.

Of course, it’s larger than a normal hat. It’s funny.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

I proudly wear that hat every Halloween.

I’ve seen a guy at several Florida Panther’s games with a custom #69 jersey with the name “T. FERGUSON” on the back and every time I want to just salute it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ll check those out too!

I like FPS but I’ve been into RPGs more lately. Just finished Chained Echoes and it was super loving good.

I’ve played rogue-likes like Hades and Spire and enjoyed those.

Really I’ll play anything if it’s a good game, not super picky on genre.

I'll semi-randomly throw in a recommendation for Hell Let Loose for the FPS side of things. It's basically been the only FPS I've been playing for the last six months (Aside from Goldeneye on Switch :v:) and has crossplay.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a sexual elk posted:

Day one of therapy

Good luck, fellow goon.

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh man congrats. Hardest part is starting.

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
81° feels like 84° outside but I’m stuck in an office all day womp womp

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

Built me a droid. I'll name it OU-812. Definitely "cheaper" than a lightsaber.

I want you to know this made me laugh because I happened to have the album OU812 playing as I was reading this.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Not sure if I should get a vintage San Diego plate or a Bengos sombrero.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:rubby::wtf:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

There was also a Broncos poster who was around for years and then did something dumb and was banned as a rereg

Wasn’t that legendary steak chef Manas?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
:jpmf: feels good and sustains me through trying times

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

But then again, who does?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I have no idea what DookeyDash is, but I'm gonna assume it's a racing game that takes place entirely in a world based on the cover of Green Day's Dookie album.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Watch this, it's possibly one of the worst things you'll see not involving gore or the Dice Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LiVBCZ69Q

I can tell just from the thumbnail it’s loving awful

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

GD_American posted:

I'll give everyone a single guess what the main food was at my office's Black History Month luncheon.

Okra

And now a few of you also remembered Fred Smoot

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

50th anniversary of Dark Side of the Moon today.

Iirc the goon hivemind thinks it's bad because it's popular but it's still a good album.

That’s not true, I think it’s bad because so much of it was heavily overplayed by boomer classic rock radio (Although admittedly The Wall annoys me much more) and I generally don’t care for Pink Floyd :v:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

And all you need to know going into those episodes is "somehow, Boba Fett has returned"

Also he has Grogu again and a bitchin’ hot rod of an N1 Starfighter.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

Has there ever been a best picture winner that most people would call the best picture that year?

The Godfather or Platoon? The Deer Hunter? Maybe The Departed? Just thinking of a few semi-randomly.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

C-Euro posted:

For a hot second I thought this was Joe Flacco.

It’s more what happens when you mix Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I am interpreting this as true and now I weep for the two of my fave characters going to the rainbow bridge or whatever

Missed the original question before, but Cad Bane is just Evil Space Clint Eastwood, so he was just better.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Bruce Dickinson would win either because he brought a tank, his Fokker triplane, or his fencing sword. He would then write a song about it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U1yb7PQw4o

It was a tie between that clip, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, or Heat.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I read this as handplowing your own friends and had questions...

OnlyFans is an honest living

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

no Dave Growl here. I’m visiting friends and their sweet older dog Luna says hello

Wanna pet that dog

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yadda yadda yadda

Braksgirl posted:

You yadda'd over the best part.

Timby posted:

No, he mentioned the bisque.

I love this thread :jerry:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
So sorry, Quiet Feet :sympathy:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Timby posted:

I remember that the password to the final level of Air Fortress on the NES (an underappreciated classic) is simply SUGA.

Why I remember that to this day, I do not know.

I still have several passcodes for Rogue Squadron and Episode I Starfighter from N64 absolutely burned into my brain from replaying those games so many, many, many times.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

That Taloraan mission was bullshit because the hitboxes were bugged.

I have no memory of that mission being a problem, although getting the upgrade thingy at the city at the end was mildly tricky since IIRC it was in between some buildings and you had to go very slow and at the right angle to get it.

The Imperial Construction Yards mission on Balmorra was tricky the first time for me, and I remember protecting those drat AT-PTs on Fest causing the most trouble when I first played the game at age 8.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

In order to get a gold medal for that mission you had to destroy all the Imperal bacta tanks without destroying the friendly bacta tanks that were next to them. It was simple enough but for some reason the Imperial tanks sometimes were buggy in that if you shot at them, the hitbox wouldn't recognize the shots and it'd go through them and hit the friendly ones and destroy them.

After a bunch of trial and error I found the angle you approached them mattered in detecting hits. It was the last mission I got a gold medal on.

Now that you mention that, I vaguely remember those hitboxes being an issue on replays, but it wasn't the worst for me. IIRC, the hardest ones for me to get Gold (But not necessarily beat) were Sullust and Thyferra. Sullust just had so many missile batteries the warning sound is burned into my brain, and it took me a bit of time to realize you didn't need to blow up every single emplacement to get to that tricky capacitor at the end. Thyferra had a lot going on, tons of targets and fighters and poo poo, and then the boss fight at the end was a pain early on.

Episode I: Battle for Naboo I remember being harder for me to get all Gold on. Some of the speeder and boat levels were tricky as hell.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

I normally ignore all the Elon x Twitter drama, but :rubby:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

LeeMajors posted:

Worked out for Hitl….*touches earpiece*

Looks like Elon picked the wrong week to quit taking amphetamines.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

We're getting close to the Ides of March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6hRQO3vpI

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Does this also count for kills in Wolfenstein?

If killing video game Nazis is wrong, buddy, I don’t want to be right.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

hows everyone elses day

Today marks my 2-year anniversary at my current job. It's currently meh. My new manager (Who is an idiot) hosed up some setting in our new phone system (Dialpad) and it resulted in our team getting alert emails literally every minute for about 3 hours today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

This is like finding out that McNuggets have named shapes

Boot supremacy.