Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.

Pan Dulce posted:

Not to detract the thread from its true purpose, but I like Face Off, Great British Bake Off, and (sometimes) Top Chef for this very reason. And Face Off just got put on US Netflix!

I LOVE Face Off - I think I've talked about it earlier in this thread. The first two seasons do have a LOT of the bickering in it, but it's very clear by season 3 that they were like "oh...people actually want the creation parts more than the fighting" and it pivots hard to explaining things much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Pan Dulce posted:

Not to detract the thread from its true purpose, but I like Face Off, Great British Bake Off, and (sometimes) Top Chef for this very reason. And Face Off just got put on US Netflix!

It's incredibly dumb but Worst Cooks in America is fantastic for this. drat thing made me cry once.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Duuuuude. That exit in this last DRUK... WTF. The lipsync was completely in their favor. Riggamorris!

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'm still catching up with UK but I gotta say I do really like the queens. There's some great personalities there especially Tomora, Kate and Ginger.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Dragula: man I hope Fantasia has some sort of Naomi Smalls-type turnaround in the middle of the season, because she's gotta be looking at Anna, another queen with loads of experience who's stiffening up under the lights of this show, and going "if I wait too long, that might be me".

also, Jarvis played that key 100% right, from top to bottom. Iconic.

also also I hope that queen stays exterminated. we didn't see the body! Number one horror-movie rule is to check the body

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I would pay good money to do last night's Dragula extermination.

Ironic Twist posted:

Dragula: man I hope Fantasia has some sort of Naomi Smalls-type turnaround in the middle of the season

Couldn't agree more. They seem lovely, but all three looks have made me want to throw tomatoes at my screen.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I use to be a cross between a goth and a punk as a teenager how I first met my spouse he read my profile and saw that I liked Elvira. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7nC2xe4m-4

I even have a life sized cardboard standee of Elvira lol.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

:yeah: I have one of those big titty mousepads of Elvira. My bi/pan queen! :sueme:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Ironic Twist posted:

Dragula: Jarvis played that key 100% right, from top to bottom. Iconic.

also also I hope that queen stays exterminated. we didn't see the body! Number one horror-movie rule is to check the body

Completely agree. I have to say, Jarvis should also be scared. The performing aspect wasn’t great because they got stuck in their head and that’s that they’re a seasoned King. People were dissing Jay Kay, but obviously the guy knows how to perform. That’s the reason he stayed, even if he is a little cardboard crunchy in the corners.

Satanna though… she had a huge mouth, which I already don’t like because she didn’t have poo poo to back it up. That’s two challenges with a beauty look and dark contacts. Where the hell is filth and horror? She could have been on Drag Race with those outfits.

Speaking of a mouth with poo poo to back it up, Orkgotik’s look was so cool, it defied explanation. You didn’t need it; it was his interpretation of the challenge. Still, him pouring his drink on Jay Kay was uncalled for. I didn’t like that at all.

Halloween Jack
Sep 11, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
I recently listened to a podcast talking about Elvira's video games, and it was maddening listening to these video game nerds trying to talk their way through understanding what a "horror host" is and how they don't understand Elvira's whole deal. She looks like Morticia but doesn't sound like Morticia? And she's not a ghost or a vampire or anything?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

jarvis’s big misstep was not keeping jay kay’s name out of his mouth when asked about the key. it put jay in their feelings and led to them lashing out at ork (who in fairness has been one of the loudest voices on a cast that seems pretty dismissive of jay)

anyway none of these contestants are niohuru so I don’t really care that much (though nio x ork is an extremely cute situationship)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Canada's DR S4 off to a strong start. This has got to be the most diverse cast ever; both in terms of identities and drag styles.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

gandlethorpe posted:

Canada's DR S4 off to a strong start. This has got to be the most diverse cast ever; both in terms of identities and drag styles.

I agree, it's sensational!! So so good.

Although, can I say, as an Australian watching who very badly wants Drag Race Down Undah to be good, I envy those Canadian production values :sigh: Why can't Australian and NZ queens have a stunning runway like that??!!

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
DRUK5: Pissed that Kate Butch was eliminated! She was the highlight of the season for me.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I would love to know Michelle's criteria for "family resemblance"

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Her criteria seems to be: "whoever she likes has achieved it"

I thought Dede did an incredible job honestly, they both looked sensational

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Ironic Twist posted:

Dragula: man I hope Fantasia has some sort of Naomi Smalls-type turnaround in the middle of the season, because she's gotta be looking at Anna, another queen with loads of experience who's stiffening up under the lights of this show, and going "if I wait too long, that might be me".

also, Jarvis played that key 100% right, from top to bottom. Iconic.

Agree with everything here. The way Jarvis played the key made me feel like he's showing up for the show.

I will say that even though I really enjoyed Ork's look aesthetically, I did not understand what it had to do with a hotel, how he died, really any of the criteria of the challenge, and that's rough for me to overlook.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

gandlethorpe posted:

Nearah Nuff feel like an off brand Lemon.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

DRUK is the WORST right now. How do you eliminate Kate Butch, when Tamara’s bad foray into drag was right there! The wig was badly styled and the hairline was atrocious. The makeup was pedestrian;only glitter made it different from a regular look. There was no transformation! Ru just loves Tamara, so she stayed.

With Dedelicious, I kind of want to pull a Bianca to TKB and ask, “What do you do successfully? Quickly.” Because besides lip syncing, she complains every challenge. It’s a real buzzkill to see her on screen instead of my beloved Kate.

We all know she was taken out because the Roast was next and she would have slayed ALL those bitches.

I hate when production is so obvious. Let the queens compete based on talent, man. :negative:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wait, why isn't this bigger news? Bringing queens back for just sewing challenges!

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1725643433191018941
I hope this is them testing the waters for a full fledged sewing-only AS series

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I would genuinely love a Project Runway Drag Race, where they bring a few Full Looks (entrance, finale, promo and MTQ, stuff like that where we know the Big Bucks are spent already) but every single outfit for every single runway has to be made from scratch during the competition. Silhouette and cut diversity is a factor in judging (to prevent the Bianca Del Rios of the world from making 100 boat neck dresses every week)

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Wait, why isn't this bigger news? Bringing queens back for just sewing challenges!

Holy hell what :pusheen:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Demon_Corsair posted:

Nearah Nuff feel like an off brand Lemon.

VERY off brand. Like Wish v. Designer. The fit on everything... and corsets sans nipple pasties? Guuuuuurl.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

That looks fun and surprisingly not low budget for a WoW production.

I follow Rob Anderson on instagram. As a comedian he is deeply unfunny, but he is so drat pretty

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

gandlethorpe posted:

This might actually get me to start watching Drag Race-adjacent stuff again, if they actually change up the format that much.

Right now it just feels like going to the McDonalds in different countries and getting super hyped over the McShwarma or whatever.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The first episode is on YouTube now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj4bDZh5Q6Y

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Cool, guess :australia: can eat poo poo then :waycool:

fortunately for me I already found someone who reposted it illegally :ssh:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
The last elim on DRUK seemed like rigga morris to me. How else would you eliminate Kate Butch before the Roast challenge?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dragula: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:rip: Jarvis, although I did laugh that their death was similar to their explanation of how Jarvis died in their meet the monsters video.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Dragula: of all the movies I would have expected OrkGotik, or anyone, to reference on Dragula, Rachel Getting Married was not anywhere close to the top of that list.

Happy to see Fantasia win! Annoyed to see Jay Kay continuing to be a poo poo-stirrer, even though it's not entirely on him. Sad to see Jarvis go, although every episode he was still here it became clearer and clearer that versatility wasn't something he did. "Thank you for sparing me the humiliation of a live singing challenge" was a great exit line, though. Was kind of hoping that we got an exorcism instead of an extermination, that was a missed opportunity.

I really, really don't see what the Boulet's see in Anna, though. All of these great performance skills that are totally there but we totally can't see them because they're chopped up by the floorshow edit. I have a feeling next week is it for them--they're either going to win or they're going home.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Dragula (latest episode elimination): I found this comment on Reddit that's making me chuckle. "They’re not gonna but it would be SO funny if they had to perform over Jarvis’s dead body next week, like they just left it on the stage". :lol:

Halloween Jack
Sep 11, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
Jarvis over Jay Kay? Seriously? gently caress you go to hell eat poo poo and die

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Jarvis seemed like a Disney adult and I'm glad they're gone. Gratz to Fantasia

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

jay reminds me a lot of maxi glamour in that both of them are (at the time of their respective seasons) pretty rough around the edges cardboard queens with a ton of charisma and stage presence to compensate for their scuffed runways. they’re both extremely cute too. wish jarvis was able to show off a bit more but we gotta start paring this cast down and jay slayed him on the lipsync. guessing based on what we’ve seen so far that next on the chopping block are likely ana, blackberri, and jay; cynthia is giving me scarlett bobo energy where I’m pegging her as an easy 5th or 6th place but she could very well make it to the end depending on how the challenges stack.

this ep wasn’t that amazing for looks and I’m not looking forward to next week’s episode very much because the monsters of rock group challenge has always been overlong and has never been memorable for me (except for when madelynn pulled out eve’s cheek piercings mid-performance and it really hosed up the latter’s mental) but this has been a very good season of dragula thus far, production values sis

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The twist in this season of CDR sounds really great. It's substantial in that it can actually potentially mess with producer shenanigans, and it should also make for juicy drama.

For reference: the maxi challenge winner each week gets to save one of the bottom three

Also, Kitten Kaboodle looking like that at 57 is mind-blowing. There are people in their 30s that look like her, maybe even 20s.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gandlethorpe posted:

The twist in this season of CDR sounds really great. It's substantial in that it can actually potentially mess with producer shenanigans, and it should also make for juicy drama.

For reference: the maxi challenge winner each week gets to save one of the bottom three

Also, Kitten Kaboodle looking like that at 57 is mind-blowing. There are people in their 30s that look like her, maybe even 20s.

Solid episode, and I love the twist. I assume I'll be angry at it at some point but game on. :)

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Such a good roast on Drag Race UK. Not a dud amongst them!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

I know from Monet. We're all good so far. Thorgy? Sure thing. All good. Milk? Sure fine, no worries. Know who she is. Who the gently caress is that random other guy commentating?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I know him from those Gay Science videos. He also did a children's book of the Fergie national anthem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dino. posted:

I know from Monet. We're all good so far. Thorgy? Sure thing. All good. Milk? Sure fine, no worries. Know who she is. Who the gently caress is that random other guy commentating?

https://www.instagram.com/heartthrobanderson/