Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shodai?
Shodai
SHODAI
View Results

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Hirayuki posted:

There've been some changes to the tachiai: a new "get ready" phrase from the shinpan and a more tightly regulated requirement that all four rikishi hands are actually touching the dohyo before the bout begins. Despite the headline making it sound like the changes are only for amateur sumo, I believe they apply to professional-level sumo as well; am I reading it right?

For amateur sumo, a fresh start offers hope against time-wasting and gamesmanship

That's half the fun of watching the match. Drawing out the tachiai is part of the ritual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hirayuki posted:

There've been some changes to the tachiai: a new "get ready" phrase from the shinpan and a more tightly regulated requirement that all four rikishi hands are actually touching the dohyo before the bout begins. Despite the headline making it sound like the changes are only for amateur sumo, I believe they apply to professional-level sumo as well; am I reading it right?

For amateur sumo, a fresh start offers hope against time-wasting and gamesmanship

Crouch, touch, pause, engage :eng101:

e: the double standards continue with a warning for Onosato only after the press got it 7 months later

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 24, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Buttchocks posted:

That's half the fun of watching the match. Drawing out the tachiai is part of the ritual!
Is it considered untoward for amateurs to do all the standing up and walking around and throwing salt and all that?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Ichinojo will be part of the US Sumo Open on May 1th in Long Beach, CA.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Bentai posted:

Ichinojo will be part of the US Sumo Open on May 1th in Long Beach, CA.

Oh, neat. I'll be there.