Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lol I love it

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

... what the gently caress is he even trying to say?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Randalor posted:

Racism doesn't exist because the one time a bad cop did a bad thing was a black cop.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Racism is just people in way too small shoes.

It's probably just a "the shoe doesn't fit" metaphor though, implying that racism isn't real because some black people internalised the racism.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Racism is so big that you can't just shoehorn it into individual convenient covers like the media and centrist dems would prefer, AGC.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

I think it's "the propaganda narative of cop racism doesn't fit this particular case because the cops who killed the black teen were also black" if you want to use Branco-specific mindset.

The problem is, there still is racism in the case, as 4 black officers involved in the killing were fired, and the one white was let off with a warning.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure "racism is a huge thing and people are trying to pretend it's a small thing" isn't what he intended to draw, but it is 100% what he drew.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

All Benedict Arnold wanted to do was end the war. If the French hadn't supported the insurrectionists, the English would have been able to keep the colonies peaceful and a part of the Empire.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Almost every one of those police brutality cartoons sucks bad. Even the leftwing ones.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kikas posted:

I think it's "the propaganda narative of cop racism doesn't fit this particular case because the cops who killed the black teen were also black" if you want to use Branco-specific mindset.

The problem is, there still is racism in the case, as 4 black officers involved in the killing were fired, and the one white was let off with a warning.

Thats what was throwing me off on this comic, that the only people who bring up race in the matter are either A)right-wing shits trying to deflect from the fact that 5 cops killed a guy who only fought back once they started beating him, or B) People who point out that the white officer was given a slap on the wrist while the black officers were arrested for murder. If it were an elephant (and anyone other than Branco) I would say it was AGC about trying to make an issue of police brutality into an issue of race, but...

gently caress it, it's a Branco, my only regret is that it's too early in the morning to start drinking and that I have to work so I can't drink until after work to try to kill braincells that were wasted trying to figure this cartoon out.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

As much as I hate giving the guy who handles the nominations more work by adding a random category, I have a feeling that this is going to get some noms this year.

Kellies nomination: Worst A Thing is Woke cartoon.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

escapegoat posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I can explain.

But with an anime girl.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Korthal posted:

I can explain.

But with an anime girl.

Nope, only raises more questions

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

skeleton warrior posted:

Nope, only raises more questions

If you've seen the Resident Evil movie, there's a scene where a laser grid trap straight up cubes a dude.
That, but as a kink.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

No, she's not diced in the gif, merely flayed.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I googled it so you don't have to.

If you really wanna know more (not recommended), Know Your Meme has an entry under the title Fukouna Shoujo 03

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The machine, when used as intended, will kill the person.
They're being told to trust the science, but the science is intended to kill them.

Vaccines are a plot to harm you.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I thought it was supposed to be a trans surgery allegory, since it's stonetoss.

Who knows.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

With no reference to the source material, I thought it was supposed to be a big 3D scanner and Stonetossed was just batshit crazy. Now that I've been told what its supposed to be... nothing had changed.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
And here I was thinking it was a reference to The Fly like a sucker.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The teleporter insists on inner pure...

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, I'm good with Stonetoss not being posted. Also, it says something about how terminally online his target audience is, if he's making the kind of references for them that have to be explained in a place like this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Randalor posted:

I think it's like how sometimes a white guy getting brutally murdered by the police (like that unarmed homeless man who was beaten to death a few years back: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Kelly_Thomas ) is held up as an example of "see? The police aren't racist, white people are gruesomely killed by them too" which somehow means we should do nothing about police brutality.

Basically the argument seems to go:

"A black man was beaten to death to death by the police"

"Oh yeah?! Well a white guy was ALSO beaten to death by the police!"

"Okay, so should we do something to prevent the police from beating people to death?"

"No"

Except this time it's:

"A black man was beaten to death to death by the police"

"Oh yeah?! Well the police officers who beat him to death were also black!"

"Okay, so should we do something to prevent the police from beating people to death?"

"No"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s dems “shoehorning” in racism where supposedly none exists, because black people cannot possess racist thoughts or enable a racist system.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Luke 15:3

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on bad news about the UK’s economic prospects – The International Monetary Fund has warned that the British economy will shrink by 0.3% this year"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Thousands of schools closed as teachers stage biggest strike in over a decade

Independent:

Brexit branded ‘complete disaster’ as £100bn a year loss to UK revealed

Times:

Evening Standard:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Skios posted:

Yeah, I'm good with Stonetoss not being posted. Also, it says something about how terminally online his target audience is, if he's making the kind of references for them that have to be explained in a place like this.

Combination of extremely online and highly familiar with violent hentai, so exactly what you would expect from his target audience

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Fearmongering by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Dilem from Algeria
The government tries to convince
"See it more as a raise."

Charlie Hebdo

"Is there ristretto left?"
"Oh you know me, when I don't get my coffee!"
'Jellyfish talk'
This accompanies a piece on the Burroughs book The Soft Machine

Asterix will be 64 this year
"I'm not going to make menhirs all my life!"

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

thermodynamics cheated

Korthal posted:

No, she's not diced in the gif, merely flayed.

I saw that stupid loving machine and I was like oh yeah of course stonetoss can reference it to the majority of his followers, yes this crazy poo poo tracks completely

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Fearmongering by Luo Jie

dont use permanent markers on a dry erase board, gah!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Randalor posted:

With no reference to the source material, I thought it was supposed to be a big 3D scanner and Stonetossed was just batshit crazy. Now that I've been told what its supposed to be... nothing had changed.

I thought it was a Stargate and when nothing else made any more sense I just stuck with it. Highly recommend this course of action.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers with the Monthly magazine with his essay, former treasurer Peter Costello (Liberal, under Howard) who is now chariman of the Future Fund he set up as treasurer (plus also chairman of Nine which owns the Australian Financial Review, the paper that prints Rowe's cartoon). Costello warns on mixing capitalism's objectives (AFR). "Peter Costello has expressed scepticism about Treasurer Jim Chalmers’ “values-based capitalism” plan to nudge business and superannuation funds to invest for social causes, arguing that is the job of government."

Knight:

Lethbridge:

This was Broelman's cartoon yesterday.

Broelman:

The royal commission into Robodebt has been calling ex-ministers who have all been passing the blame, e.g.: Alan Tudge tells Robodebt royal commission he was not responsible for department's failures to ensure scheme was lawful (ABC).

Wilcox:

On carbon emissions trading.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

I feel like under these sorts if they're not outright Russian shills, is some kind of 90's Balkans throwback attitude of "guess those savage eastern euros are indulging in their unfathomable ancient hatreds again, why help their tribal bloodthirst??"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Randalor posted:

The Mainstream Media is trying to shoehorn the Racism narrative into this murder even though the cops were black and therefore racism can't be involved.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You hate the homeless.
You hate meterologists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, that Gamble is so disingenuous it makes me want to scream. If Biden had spent a dollar towards housing the homeless he’d be screaming about why it isn’t going into some shareholder’s pocket.