Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Here's to the 2023 poltoons thread.
:pants:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

All the chickens come on home to roost
Plump bodies blotting out the sky
You know it breaks my heart in half, in half
When I see them trying to fly

But you just can't do
Things your body party wasn't meant to

e:

Personally the only time in my 20 years that an order ever came down on the newsroom was when some trumpheaded little poo poo inherited his daddy's paper and didn't want the then-candidate to receive negative coverage. I quit immediately after.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 5, 2023

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

I know there's a whole AGC page about these, but gently caress, man. Same as it ever was.

I thought I had a whole bunch of them one year, Tumblr even highlighted the post, but I can't find it now

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Ye Olde
Yankee Noodle
Plantation
Tea Roome

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Murdstone posted:

But what about my faves?

Problematic, I'm sorry to tell you.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Farecoal posted:

A middle-aged conservative man has committed suicide by leaving his car running in an enclosed space. A Dark Cartoon.

Like to charge the MAGA suicide spell reblog to cast

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Weird how the cartoons went from feigned outrage at classified document mishandling to "it's bad but oh well lol" when Pence's were found.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

kartikeya posted:

I think, or at least it's the case for me, it's so hard to look at because there's nothing to draw the eye more than anything else, it's just a bunch of flat, grotesque faces smushed next to each other and staring directly at the viewer, each no more and no less attention grabbing than the last, and they're all talking, so there's not even a speech bubble for distraction. At least when Ramirez fills his cartoons full of endless lovely details, they're not all the same.

Who was that cartoonist the thread banned years and years ago because their art was just so hideous? Like he was trying to ape John Kricfalusi but all that meant was a tangled mass of limbs going in every direction

e: Barry!

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 30, 2023

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Almost every one of those police brutality cartoons sucks bad. Even the leftwing ones.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Which is it Mike is DEBT a giant THING or is DEBT a giant ABSENCE of a THING make up your fool mind

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

As if it wouldn't be wall to wall copies of Mein Kampf.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Plucky little King Tater

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I was sick of hearing about balloons the 2nd time it came up, I suppose this is some kind of karmic comedy punishment for wishing cartoonists would move on from "Santos sure lies a lot doesn't he?"

SANTOS lies about the COST of EGGS while hoarding CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS in his CHINESE BALLOON

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

For context, because I had to look this up myself to understand what the gently caress crawled up Bob's rear end over a years-old article, Hulu is making it into a show. The reason rightwingers love to claim it's been debunked are explained in an article written by one of the fact-checkers:
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/03/06/1619-project-new-york-times-mistake-122248

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

Mike Smith

Ed Gamble

:discourse:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Sucks for Ramirez's creative output that literally nothing else newsworthy has happened all year

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CiK9AX9Si8

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Terrible Buttegeig. How am I supposed to recognize him without his trademark big round dumper

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Grape posted:

Star Fox: Pripyat Wars

Do a war crime! (Z or R twice)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

The i paper:

Poor Darrowby will never recover

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Pretty lazy to just leave 1984 as-is instead of changing it to "Nineteen Eighty-Fun" or something

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Those four years apart really make a difference in age don't they

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

the_steve posted:

It reminds me of that old webcomic, Shortpacked, when the one character got elected and was trying to outlaw cancer, but it got overturned because they're all just so bad and mean and can't even agree that cancer is bad.

The comic about people working in a toy store?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Skios posted:

It’s funny. Jim Davis is a really close friend to Mike Pence. The Garfield comics canonically take place in Idaho. Pence has a bunch of Garfield cartoons/birthday cards hand-drawn for him by Davis in his office. They probably believe a lot of the same things. But Davies is smart enough to keep his head down, count his money, and make sure that his product is as middle of the road bland as possible.

I hear he based the dog cum comic on Mike Pence's real life tho

E:

Murdstone posted:

Tomorrow Ramirez will run the same cartoon but the clouds will be labeled Debt.

Someone beat him to it weeks ago

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 28, 2023

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I know this the Metropolis robot but I keep seeing sexy C-3P0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHGkgBDKE

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

From forever ago but w/e, I blissfully forgot this hell thread existed for a few days

I like the term "vice signaling" for assholes who fly Trump 2024 or "gently caress Biden" flags

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Neito posted:

Check for goatees.

His "evil" twin would be cleanshaven

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"Uncontroversial?"

Looks like a sinister conspiracy to me.

BonHair posted:

Quite the opposite, it was in fact an anti-sinister conspiracy

Goddamn

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Not an exageration by the way
WSJ Wonders: Did Silicon Valley Bank Die Because One Black Person Was on Its Board?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

AveMachina posted:

I find Hitch's comics incredibly hard to look at, so I fixed the skew and it's revealing.

Folks, your protagonists: a bobble-headed Ronald Reagan, and a couple who is either an old man with cherubism and his far younger gargoyle wife, or grandparents rear end-grabbing.

Also this

That's actually so much easier to look at. It's still hideous, but it doesn't send my eye sliding right off the page

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

AF Branco was a fat, healthy man; but he turned very pale. He gazed in stupified astonishment on the small rebel for some seconds, and then clung for support to the copper. The assistants were paralysed with wonder; the boys with fear.

'What!' said the cartoonist at length, in a faint voice.

'Please, sir,' replied Minnesota's school children, 'I want some more.'

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I don't understand how anyone could ever have a negative word to say about Enos, his art is the cutest

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I AM GRANDO posted:

Thought this was

Thought this was about Parker Posey for a moment and was concerned.

I some have some kinda brain disease because that's what I always think at first glance. Same with picturing the wrong Donald/Danny Glover when I hear it, or mentally substituting Magic: The Gathering for Marjori Taylor Green's commonly used initials

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I remember the CGI being so terrible in that scene in Uncle Sam Origins: Gunhead

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Soon the rain of shell casings rose above the rooftop and the man suffocated. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, “I had faith in you but you didn’t save me, you let me die. I don’t understand why!”

To this God replied, “I sent you a Glock and an H&K and an AR 15, what more did you expect?”

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

"There has been too much violence. Too much pain. None here are without sin. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your book, the sex ed, the drag queen story hour, and the whole school, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror."

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrnOxgqe-KE&t=151s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007