Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Angepain posted:

Matt's cartoons are so utterly bland it's hard to tell most of the time. It could just be the one thing he knows about Scotland ("there are two football teams that do not like each other a lot") combined with A Thing Happened In Scotland or he could actually be trying to make a point. Who knows

Yeah; fundamentally Matt's job is to make a cartoon with something resembling a joke about that day's news every 24 hours on the dot. Meaning, message, ideological consistency with himself or with the paper - those are all optional. The approximate joke and the consistent timeliness are what they pay him the big money for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure "racism is a huge thing and people are trying to pretend it's a small thing" isn't what he intended to draw, but it is 100% what he drew.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Prison Overpopulation: "We don't even know where to sleep anymore."

:wow:
I don't know what sort of Kellie it is but they're straight up calling prisoners vermin. Or the joke got BUTCHERED in execution.

Being possibly more generous than they deserve, the joke might be that the prison is so overcrowded with prisoners that there's no room left for the rats? Hence "c'est plus vivable" - it's nicer because the rats aren't there any more.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

NotPerfect posted:

This just in, the private sector is now woke.

Sometimes a rainbow is just a rainbow. With eight colours for some reason.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Ah yes, that major international power that recently suffered an attempted military coup, with armoured columns marching on the capital: America.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Neito posted:

What?

Horsey's usually incoherent, but within the realm that you can at least figure out that it's about him having to see an unhoused person from his car at some point during the day.

Seems like a straightforward "local pharmacies are disappearing" to me?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
The question is whether it's okay to condemn "Israelis" as a bloc for the IDF's actions, just like whether it's okay to condemn Palestinians as a bloc for Hamas's actions.

Are there any trustworthy numbers for what level of public support there is for the war in Israel right now?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

I dont know posted:

Reminds me of this classic.
Which I'm pretty sure was originally about I/P too. Not a lot has changed in however many decades since Notley put it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

The Islamic Shock posted:

Edit: we talking "liberal ideals until I specifically am inconvenienced" Rall or "makes a point we agree with in a way that is massively annoying" Rall?

Either would be a relief compared to current "fascism is the only reasonable choice" Rall.