Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Technowolf posted:

Reposting today's comic from the old thread:

The Nib: An ongoing proof by contradiction of the maxim "brevity is the soul of wit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The most appropriate place for this:
:yeshaha:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
In case any of you missed this like I did,

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Is there a "worst concern trolling" category?

e: Kellies nomination worst concern trolling

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 3, 2023

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I'm gonna miss it. I haven't enjoyed such an aggressive hate read since the BSS thread banned 9 Chickweed Lane.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They finally banned that horrible thing? When?

It’s been at least a year.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bartok posted:

it's the light bulb thing all over again isn't it?

Except that electric stoves that are equal to or better than gas stoves cost hundreds of dollars more.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

I know there is much more to say about this, but Ishida is really showing his whole boomer rear end with that choice of bands, isn't he?

He's solidly GenX, which goes along well with that choice of bands.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fister Roboto posted:

Woah... are you telling me that... a big number... is BIG...??? :aaa:

It’s actually very small. If each dollar of debt were an air molecule, the entire debt could fit into a single human platelet!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Frostyhawk posted:

Cool to see the One Joke as an entire political cartoon.

I'm more impressed that Branco has kept the teabag hat as a *good* thing for over a decade.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Indiana_Krom posted:

They do know sabertooths went extinct at about the same time humans showed up right? Like there is significant probable cause that they went extinct because of competition/hunting from humans. So basically if we follow through on the logic, liberals should win this gun control fight by hunting conservatives to extinction. Would that constitute a good comic?

Or just a good idea.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

This is a Dustin.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

World Famous W posted:

you are correct, only dbd has ever gotten the ole mod boot. all other 'bans' are just gentlemen's agreements

Huh, I thought Stonetoss was also due to being literal undisguised Nazi propaganda.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Randalor posted:

... what the gently caress is he even trying to say?

Racism doesn't exist because the one time a bad cop did a bad thing was a black cop.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

VKing posted:

What? What does he think... What?

What, you can't just walk into a recruiter's office and immediately be given the keys to a tank?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Saint Sputnik posted:

SANTOS lies about the COST of EGGS while hoarding CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS in his CHINESE BALLOON

No gas stove mentioned 6/10

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dirk the Average posted:

Why would Chinese Nationals come through the Mexico border instead of just arriving on the west coast? I mean I know Branco is just being his usual horribly racist rear end in a top hat self, but I can't for the life of me understand the thought process here. People from China arrive on the west coast all the time, and if they want to be here illegally, they'll just overstay their visa.

That doesn't fit with the image they want to project about dusky hordes swarming the border in a literal invasion.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, they're usually set up and marketed to look like they're just a support and free care place like Planned Parenthood but its 100% evangelical and from the minute you enter the goal is to bully, cajole, and outright threaten women. These places are supported entirely by tax exempt churches when they arent defrauding taxpayers more directly.

Some actually good ones exist but usually are pretty loud and proud about not being chuds because they're outnumbered 100 to 1

Edit - and dont take it from me, Branco loves them, that should be enough right there

The real ones usually call themselves "maternity homes" and they have facilities to help pregnant women who are homeless or abused and need a safe place to carry to term.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

And none of those things would actually cause harm to others without the actual presence of guns. AGC.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: China - America's Nefarious Enemy

Dear Lord Rall is a credulous idiot.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I am really, really looking forward to the Dilbert edits
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1628842441913540610

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

It’s funny. Jim Davis is a really close friend to Mike Pence. The Garfield comics canonically take place in Idaho. Pence has a bunch of Garfield cartoons/birthday cards hand-drawn for him by Davis in his office. They probably believe a lot of the same things. But Davies is smart enough to keep his head down, count his money, and make sure that his product is as middle of the road bland as possible.

Glenn McCoy has been running a bland gag of the day strip for 30 years now without putting any chud crap in it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Youremother posted:

The old gotcha of "homophobe/transphobe is phobic because they're secretly gay/trans" is overall negative because it's still painting being LGBT as something detrimental. People do not need to closeted to hate gay people, and poo poo like drawing Putin in drag is still making fun of LGBT people in the end.

It's not a gotcha or a "I bet he's really closeted and that's why he's hateful." That has nothing to do with it at all.

quote:

Pointing out the hypocrisy of people who have done drag banning drag shows is a valid point, but pointing out hypocrisy does very little to address the actual matter at hand.

It entirely addresses the matter at hand. The point, which is valid and germane, is exactly this:
https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1630312194104606720

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I don't think I've ever seen someone prove their opponent's point so directly.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah it's a big contradiction, for 40 years they've been cutting welfare and justifying this by saying we need to discourage people from having kids they can't afford, it worked and now they're screaming about low birth rates.

Well I guess it's not necessarily a contradiction since they do have a "solution" in mind: ban birth control

There is zero contradiction. “Welfare people “ shouldn’t have kids but people with the phenotype drawn by Fishman need to have more kids.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mordaedil posted:

All of these things happened though?! We watched them happen! In context on live TV?!

I’d think that after years of reading this thread I’d be emotionally numb to anything but this is just driving me up the wall. “The January 6th committee was lying to you when they showed you video of violent assaults because here are some images of those same people not being violent.” Like, here’s a video of Hitler smiling as he walks around Paris therefore he didn’t violently invade France. Just… gently caress you people.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

I'm assuming that there are a ton of this guy's cartoons claiming that covid is just a cold and that mask mandates and distancing are communist plots, right?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Murdstone posted:

So the choices are competent but an rear end in a top hat, or incompetent but nice. No middle ground. It’s impossible to replace assholes because then all we have is incompetence.

Which, of course, is typical lack of self awareness because Rall is an incompetent rear end in a top hat.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Xander77 posted:

It seems like the right wing has had a bit of an issue with the Southern Poverty Law Center over the past few years. Does anyone have an actual answer as to why?

Because they don't like to be called hate groups so they attack the SPLC who calls them hate groups.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
e, nm

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Not sure this is a very good dogwhistle at all. I don't think I've ever lived in a neighborhood with overhead lines that doesn't have a pair of sneakers hanging on an overhead line somewhere. Hell, I've seen it in the middle of a US Army base. People just like throwing them up there.

The pearl clutchers think it’s a way that gangs mark territory.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Oh for gently caress's sake people still believe that?

There are probably still people who believe in sex bracelets and rainbow parties.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That sounds like a good time. What were those supposed to be?

High school party where the girls wear different color lipsticks and blow all the boys leaving a rainbow dick. This mostly reveals how many people have no idea how oral sex works.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I dont know posted:

Trump rolled the regulations back you rear end in a top hat. In 2018 he changed the asset threshold at which the regulations apply from >50 billion to greater than >250 billion. Both Signature (110 billion) and SVB (209 billion) would still have been covered by the original threshold.

Frank got a million bucks as a Signature board member after his time in Congress and actively pushed for the weakening of his own bill for the benefit of Signature after receiving the aforementioned million bucks.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

Didn’t Reagan basically gut Savings & Loans establishments? Which was the start of the deregulation parade of the 80s and 90s that resulted in the Great Recession?

The S&L crisis involved risky investments due to deregulation resulting in failed institutions when Fed interest rates were raised to combat inflation. cough.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MechaCrash posted:

That is delightful and I fully respect it.

And if Biden had done anything about this, they'd be screaming themselves hoarse about interventionism and why doesn't he do anything about these domestic problems?! It's the same poo poo they always do where they yell at you for doing anything, saying you're treating the symptoms and not the root cause, but they won't do anything about the root causes either! Or at least, anything that might actually work or isn't a solution that leads back to "give Republicans infinite power to enact cristofascism."

I’d say Biden is doing quite a bit about Russia and China. It’s probably just not covered on Fox.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I assume it has something to do with the LDS temple in SLC.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Oh gently caress you and die.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

To be fair, I still vividly remember dijongate.

I'm still hung up on Tansuit Dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Haitian posted:

Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality.
The district that makes up Disney World is now fully controlled by DeSantis's toadies and he plans to use this to blackmail them if they produce content that is too "woke".

Disney just announced that they'll be hosting "Out & Equal" conference for the next two years and Meatball's numbers are going down so...