Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on headaches for Britain in 2023 – A sea of troubles loom for Britannia as the new year begins"

Telegraph:

Rail strikes set to push return to work back by a week

Times:

Health chiefs clash over warning that delays are killing 500 a week

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a new year of industrial action — Passengers face another week of barely functioning train services as railway staff strike for five consecutive days, amid claims that rail companies are ‘in despair’ over the government’s handling of the pay dispute"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak’s crackdown on strikes could be six months away

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Publishers spare no expense in stopping leaks of Prince Harry’s book

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak to set out ‘maths to 18’ plan in first speech of the year

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s plan for extra maths lessons – The prime minister used his first speech of 2023 to announce plans for all pupils in England to study maths up to the age of 18"

Telegraph:

Matt:

:sun: Alpine ski holidays at risk as 20C temperatures mean there’s no snow :supaburn:

Independent:

Times:

Shortage of maths teachers threatens Rishi Sunak’s plan for lessons until 18

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry’s ‘Spare’: From cocaine, to Afghan killings, to William ‘attacking him’ - all the revelations

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the king’s reaction to Prince Harry’s book – Harry’s highly anticipated autobiography, Spare, will be published worldwide next week but revelatory leaks and extracts have already surfaced"

Telegraph:

Labour leader pledges 'Take Back Control' bill to devolve power out of Westminster

Matt:

Independent:

Keir Starmer to promise ‘decade of national renewal’ in first speech of 2023

Times:

"The Times view on Keir Starmer’s speech: Blair Necessities"

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry saw ‘the red mist’ in brother William during alleged physical confrontation

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on an acrimonious start to 2023 in the UK – The first week of the year has been marred by conflict – royal, industrial and political"

Telegraph:

George Osborne’s Elgin Marbles deal ‘dangerous’ for Britain’s museums

Matt:

Independent:

Putin orders 36-hour ceasefire by Russian forces – Ukraine rejects it as ‘hypocrisy’; After Villiers.

The i paper:

Alison Hammond left in tears over Prince Harry’s virginity story

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Two leaders’ speeches, two elephants in the room – Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer are all about control – or so they say"

Sunday Telegraph:

Train drivers offered 8pc pay rise to break strike deadlock (over two years, hence 4% on sign)

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s answers on healthcare — Rishi Sunak has refused to say whether he uses private healthcare amid suggestions he is out of touch with millions of ordinary people who face long waiting times to receive treatment on the NHS"

Telegraph:

'Bring Boris back': Inside the Tory grassroots group creating fresh headaches for Rishi Sunak

Times:

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry makes fresh bombshell accusations against royal family in ITV interview with Tom Bradby; Start Me Up: Final checks made ahead of first UK rocket launch tonight

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Edith Pritchett on Prince Harry’s memoir and TV interviews – Asked whether he spoke to his father, Prince Harry replied: “We haven’t spoken for quite a while. No, not recently”"

Telegraph:

US could send Stryker armoured vehicles to Ukraine

Matt:

Times:

President Lula says Brazilian riots are ‘terrorism’ as 1,500 Bolsonaro supporters arrested

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak considered union ban for thousands of key staff – leaked emails; First UK rocket launch ends in failure after suffering ‘anomaly’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories’ anti-strike legislation — The business secretary will be able to decide statutory minimum service levels for a string of public services, in terms of a new anti-strike bill condemned by Labour as likely to increase stoppages"; UK air accident officials to investigate failure to get satellites into orbit

Telegraph:

Olaf Scholz under pressure to release Leopard II tanks to Ukraine after Poland and Finland pledge

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

How the world’s media reacted to Prince Harry’s book Spare

Evening Standard:

Ambulance crews and 999 handlers strike putting patients at risk, union admits

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak registering with an NHS GP – Rishi Sunak has said he is now registered with an NHS GP, having previously used private healthcare"

Telegraph:

Justin Welby defends £100m fund to ‘address past wrongs of slavery’ as churches struggle

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Strike by civil servants to go ahead after talks dismissed as ‘total farce’

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the huge pressures the NHS is under – Health service workers report running accident and emergency services out of hospital corridors they are so short of beds"

Telegraph:

Russia's 'General Armageddon' demoted after just three months following battlefield failures

Matt:

Russia-linked hackers behind Royal Mail cyber attack

Independent:

Partygate: Boris Johnson joked No 10 party was ‘most unsocially distanced in UK’

Times:

Rishi Sunak aiming for ‘stronger relationship’ with Nicola Sturgeon

Evening Standard:

Bonus! Mac:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sunak’s deal to set up two free ports in Scotland – A free port means very different things to present and former Conservative PMs"

Telegraph:

UK economy grew by only 0.1% in November

Matt:

Reaching net zero ‘would cost taxpayers twice as much as No 10’s estimates’

Independent:

After George Ogilvy Reid.

The i paper:

Prince Harry's Freudian description of his penis is the weirdest thing you'll hear today

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak: lost leader – Strikes, Brexit, the Tory right – the prime minister is beset by problems" After Charlie Mackesy.

Sunday Telegraph:

Britain reconsidering Iran nuclear deal after execution of Alireza Akbari

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Rishi Sunak in Scotland: Boris Johnson will stay in Uxbridge, PM confirms

Mac:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Keir Starmer’s hopes of cutting NHS waiting times – Labour leader said current system of GP visits ‘isn’t working’ and that his party would tackle ‘bureaucratic nonsense’"

Telegraph:

Labour’s plan to ‘nationalise’ GPs would cost more than £7bn

Times:

Evening Standard:

Martin Lewis: Blue Monday is ‘crap pseudoscience’ used by companies to sell goods

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the government’s anti-strike bill – Labour said new law would add huge burdens to staff and take away right to strike for many workers"

Telegraph:

Macron threatened with 'hardline' wave of strikes over controversial pension reforms

Matt:

Teachers’ strikes mean GCSE pupils have had just one year of undisrupted learning

Times:

David Carrick: Police missed nine chances to stop serial rapist in Met

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson to publish memoir about time in Downing Street

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on UK ministers blocking Scotland’s gender recognition law – Nicola Sturgeon and Rishi Sunak have come to blows over what the SNP called an ‘attack on the Scottish parliament’"

Telegraph:

Teaching union accused of using 'biased' inflation measure ahead of strikes

Matt:

Europe’s push for economic ‘sovereignty’ hits the skids in Davos

Independent:

Times:

David Carrick: every officer to be checked against police databases; "What makes Happy Valley so brilliant? Corpses, yoga-fart jokes and Sarah Lancashire"

Evening Standard:

Tube and London bus fares to rise by nearly 6% from March

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on misogyny in UK police forces – UK police forces have been asked to check officers and staff against national databases to identify suspected misogynistic predators"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak to be investigated by police after not wearing seatbelt in moving car

Matt:

Independent:

President Joe Biden: ‘Miraculous’ dealmaker or ‘consistently inconsistent’? What experts say two years in

Times:

Cake in the office should be viewed like passive smoking, obesity expert warns; Jan 2022: Boris Johnson tells allies there was no 'ambush with cake' at No 10 lockdown birthday party

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Hunt mocked over ‘Mr Bean-esque’ video explaining high inflation

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak and the ship of state – PM and Michael Gove go north, while levelling up funds stay mainly in the south"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak pumps more levelling up money into the South

Matt:

Independent:

Jacinda Ardern speaks of ‘sense of relief’ after quitting: ‘I slept well for the first time in a long time’

Times:

Questions for Nadhim Zahawi over tax bill and offshore trust

Evening Standard:

"Germany under growing pressure to send tanks to Ukraine"

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a rough ride for Rishi Sunak – Prime minister facing obstacles on road ahead, as police fine him for seatbelt offence"

Telegraph:

Only 'idiots' think I can cut tax, says Rishi Sunak

Matt:

Andy Murray wins longest career match in 4:05am finish

Independent:

Tory Party chairman Nadhim Zahawi made to pay ‘million pound’ fine to taxman; After Howard Pyle.

The i paper:

Times:

Bafta nominations 2023: see the full list

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Levelling up the Conservative way – All animals are equal but some are more equal than others…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Leopard tank dilemma as Germany tears itself in two over Ukraine

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

UK will send 600 more Brimstone missiles to Ukraine

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Conservatives and cashflows – Rishi Sunak tries to put his troubles behind him as Nadhim Zahawi and Boris Johnson face questions over money"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson adds to pressure on Germany to send tanks to Ukraine

Times:

Boris Johnson back in Ukraine amid further questions over finances

Evening Standard:

Whitehall watchdog to probe BBC chairman appointment amid Boris Johnson loan claim

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s sleaze nightmares – Rishi Sunak has told his ethics adviser to investigate suggestions that Nadhim Zahawi was forced to pay a fine and millions of pounds in unpaid taxes to HMRC, as the prime minister acknowledged there were ‘questions that need answering’" After Fuseli.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak and ethics – Rishi Sunak’s political distancing from Nadhim Zahawi has taken another step, with Downing Street refusing to say the prime minister is confident the embattled Tory chair has been consistently honest about his tax affairs"

Telegraph:

National Grid ready to pay customers to cut energy use as cold weather continues

Matt:

Scholz caves in to international pressure on tanks to Ukraine

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Western tanks set for Ukraine as UK questions battle-readiness of Russian rival

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on calls for Nadhim Zahawi to resign – Tory chair and ex-chancellor is coming under increasing pressure over his tax affairs"

Telegraph:

Germany could approve deliveries of Leopard II tanks to Ukraine by Wednesday

Matt:

Can you speak chimpanzee? Take our video test to find out

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sunak and ministers set for Chequers away day as Zahawi tax row continues

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Suella Braverman’s approach to immigration — Ministers have been accused of a ‘dereliction of duty’ over their failure to find 76 child asylum seekers who have gone missing from a Brighton hotel managed by the Home Office"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Nicola Sturgeon says trans rapist will be moved from female prison

Independent:

Nadhim Zahawi dealt massive blow in tax row after extraordinary intervention by HMRC

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Hunt commits to HS2’s Euston terminal amid reports it may be scrapped and line end at Old Oak Common

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Hunt’s tax and transport pledges – Chancellor tells fellow MPs to wait for tax cuts and that Brexit will drive economic growth, as he pledges that HS2 will go all the way to Euston"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Nadhim Zahawi: My tax error was careless, not deliberate

Independent:

After Velazquez.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak and his demons – Inquiries into Partygate, Nadhim Zahawi, Dominic Raab and the BBC chairman… how does the prime minister sleep at night?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Tax-free pensions limit could increase in back to work drive

Matt:

Sunday Times:

After Low.

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the sacking of Nadhim Zahawi as Conservative party chair – Rishi Sunak has sacked Zahawi after he was found to have breached the ministerial code by failing to declare the HMRC investigation into his tax affairs"

Telegraph:

‘Hospitals at home’ plan to save NHS

Times:

Evening Standard:

Ai Weiwei on exhibiting 30-year collection from Stone Age tools to Lego bricks

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nadhim Zahawi getting the sack over his tax affairs – The prime minister, Rishi Sunak, says he acted decisively in firing the Tory party chair, who remains an MP"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak warned of 'brutal' backbench clashes ahead as he approaches 100 days in office

Matt:

Teachers’ strikes will see 85pc of schools facing closure

Times:

"Quentin Letts: Rishi scrubs up well to deliver a dose of charm"

Evening Standard:

Grocery price inflation rises to record 16.7% – Kantar

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on bad news about the UK’s economic prospects – The International Monetary Fund has warned that the British economy will shrink by 0.3% this year"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Thousands of schools closed as teachers stage biggest strike in over a decade

Independent:

Brexit branded ‘complete disaster’ as £100bn a year loss to UK revealed

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak and the strikers – Angry workers and Raab ructions put prime minister in uncomfortable position"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Dominic Raab denies swearing and shouting at senior aide

Evening Standard:

‘We bow at the altar of Groundhog Day’: concept copycats celebrate its 30th birthday

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Shell’s record-breaking profits – Surge in energy prices sparked by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine pushed Shell’s 2022 takings to $40bn, the highest in its 115-year history"

Telegraph:

Misery for millions as mortgage payments rise £588 a year

Matt:

Bird flu spreads to foxes and otters

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on gas meters fitted by force – Debt collection agents used by British Gas broke into vulnerable customers’ homes to install prepayment meters, an investigation by the Times found"

Telegraph:

"Ukraine deserves better than the EU's constant hand-wringing"

Matt:

Independent:

BBC facing calls to investigate claims Dominic Raab swore at young staff member After Gillray.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Knock, knock… the energy companies are at the door – Chris Riddell on the revelation that British Gas has been sending debt collectors to break into customers’ homes"

Sunday Telegraph:

Channel migrants could be banned from appealing against deportation

Matt:

Watch: Chinese spy balloon shot down off US coast

Sunday Times:

Liz Truss the comeback: Unrepentant ex-PM relaunches tax-cuts agenda

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s economic approach – The PM marked 100 days in office unmoved on nurses’ pay, as recession looms and the cost of living crisis continues"

Telegraph:

China fires head of weather service over spy balloon fiasco

Times:

Evening Standard:

"If the Tories listen to the siren voice of 49-day Liz Truss they will be sunk"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Rishi Sunak’s remedy for the NHS — A health union leader has described Rishi Sunak as deluded for suggesting NHS staff should abandon their campaign to secure a bigger pay rise this year"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak Cabinet reshuffle in full: New Tory party chairman and Energy Secretary appointed

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s reshuffle — Rishi Sunak has become the latest occupant of Downing Street to shuffle the Whitehall pack in the hope that a reorganisation of the machinery of government will lead to faster economic growth"

Telegraph:

Sunak reshuffle: Shapps named energy secretary in department shake-up After Rex Harrison.

Matt:

Independent:

Rishi Sunak reshuffle – live: PM finally replaces Zahawi, but Raab survives

Times:

Evening Standard:

Fawlty Towers set for revival with John Cleese and his daughter Camilla

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s visit to the UK – Ukraine’s president made an address to Westminster in which he praised the support of former PM Boris Johnson"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

EU must quickly consider giving Ukraine jets, says EU parliament head

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the PM offering up his new deputy chairman – Rishi Sunak has appointed Lee Anderson, who said capital punishment was ‘100% effective’ and food bank users ‘can’t cook properly’"

Telegraph:

Ukraine unlikely to be sent British jets until war is over, Ben Wallace says

Matt:

Gender-neutral God to be considered by Church of England

Independent:

Ukraine criticises speech by Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters at UN Security Council

Times:

Evening Standard:

GDP: No recession yet, but Britain’s not out of the woods

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sunak’s troubles with the Tories’ toxic past – Liz Truss has made a comeback while the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, praised Boris Johnson on a trip to the UK"

Telegraph:

"Hunt told he must cut taxes as recession avoided by thinnest of margins"

Independent:

Tory deputy chair Lee Anderson clashes with BBC presenter over fake doorstep chat After Gustave Doré.

The i paper:

Times: