Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, another entry in "Ramirez once saw a poster for a movie called Liar Liar and hasn't forgotten it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Even setting aside the whole "it's been an entire year, can't you get over a little attempted insurrection" stuff, gotta love the coherent imagery here. Republicans just waiting their turn so that Afghanistan can flog the Jan 6th dead horse

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Welcome, Monsieur, sit yourself down
And meet the best House member in town
As for the rest, all of 'em crooks
Taking their naps and reading their books
Seldom do you see
Honest men like me
A gent of good intent
Who's content to be

:golfclap:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I do not understand why people care this much about the royal family’s internal spats. Especially Americans.

I would imagine that now there's a new king, a lot of people are suddenly finding themselves needing to form an opinion on monarchy now that the monarch isn't just a nice old lady whose face you saw every time you got pocket money as a kid. So scandals among them are getting a bit more traction as people who'd previously have ignored it because they liked the old lady aren't doing that any more.

Plus in the UK it's certainly a handy distraction for the tory traditionalists from getting angry at the party they're supposed to be voting for in the next couple of years. Not sure why it's getting played up so much in Australia though. I think the US just likes the celebrity drama of it all, same as ever.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wait, is this actually a sympathetic take out of Matt? I'm surprised.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst Overall

I think most Gorrells are closer to political cartoons than this.

On the other hand, it's the best art Rall has produced in years!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Whenever he does a cartoon like this I can't help but marvel at the amount of effort Ramirez puts into making his cartoons look worse.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

"Biden cannot be bought through his son" is a surprising take from Branco.

quote:

Bob Gorrell

I wonder if whoever drew that face has grounds to sue. Not that it'd be worth much but still.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

If I really try I can see that Rall might be trying to say that modern technology allows the police to make the world a panopticon where they can track down anyone, anywhere easily. But A, this is a take that goes back at least twenty years, and B, it really shows that this is the perspective of someone whose biggest worry about the police is that they might arrest him.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The hell is going on with the geometry of that child.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

I have never in my life understood what a blue bin is for.

Black is general waste, green is recycling, brown is yard waste. Those all make sense. Blue is for poisons in chemical storage, is it the poisons bin?

Anyway check your council website for bin days Collins.

Blue is recycling, black is general, brown is garden waste. Green bins are wild.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kikas posted:

Hm, for some reason over the weekend I've only been able to view poltioons on the phone app as they wont load on either od my PCs. Did the imgur-calypse change something im the embed linking?

Imgur has been doing some weird rate-limiting thing on an ISP level, apparently.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Add a crying Lady Liberty and this Kelley is a Kelly

Right down the last-decade fashions being the latest fad

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is there a Kellies category for being just straight-up insane? Because either Lester is saying a mind-control injection given to dissidents is an actual thing to be concerned about or this cartoon is so badly constructed it's lost whatever point he's trying to make.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I can't help but notice that the "actually it's racist to ever do anything to help black people" cartoons aren't even bothering to make their mouthpieces minorities any more.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

What happened to make a bunch of conservatives suddenly notice Ben & Jerry's is left wing?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Grape posted:

Just double checking here, but is Ted Rall asking why the US doesn't have poor minorities protesting/rioting over police abuse?

You'll notice he doesn't mention police abuse as a problem the US has! He's only asking why poor minorities aren't protesting over the problems that affect Ted Rall.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

For the British cartoons about the concrete, is this a case of "this material is only meant to last so long and is well past the point we should be replacing it," or is it "this material is not suited to purpose and never should have been used in the first place"?

A bit of both. It's past its use-by date but also this kind of concrete doesn't particularly show signs of wear until it outright collapses. If buildings had been replaced/rebuilt on a reasonable timescale it wouldn't have been a problem but public institutions haven't had the money for that in decades.

Antigravitas posted:

I think I've linked this before, but there's a reason for this r/vexillologycirclejerk post:

:nws:

Has anyone told Americans that you can have coats of arms? Like, slapping random pictures and mottos on them are what they're for, you don't need to violate a flag like this

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kchama posted:

Shut up Rall you idiot.

I have it on good authority these insights are comparable to Martin Luther King

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Yeah, great point. The people of NJ are unable to leave and have been oppressed by NY for decades.
Kellies nomination: Most Willfully Dense

I took it as the other way round, that New York is the Palestine here (since that one's holding the paper that says Hamas) and New Jersey is the Israel.

It's very confusingly constructed and I'm still not sure what point it's trying to make.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Ramirez's mastery of visual metaphor is truly beyond compare

Is there a Kellies category for cartoons that aren't so much reprehensible as just poo poo?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I dont know posted:

I feel like I've seen several dozen variations of this same basic cartoon over the last couple weeks. I'm surprised that this is the one that is getting backlash.

I was thinking the same - if anything it's the closest to actually having a decent point, since it at least it acknowledges that there are innocent Palestinian civilians involved.

Honestly that might be part of why it was pulled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Payne must be thrilled. He's finally found a car that doesn't get uglier when he draws it.