Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Y'know, as much as people dislike the post-apoc cartoons, this one is a perfect representation of the problems with not only the capitalist system, but with the issues with overcoming it. There's a perfectly obvious solution (kill and possibly eat Kromm before dividing his wealth amongst the destitute) but people are too busy trying to curry favor with him rather than just overthrowing him.

Rise up and seize the means of pillaging! All raiders are equal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Reminder that Peterson got hooked on Benzos and, instead of personal responsibility, he traveled outside the country to be medically induced into a coma to get through the withdrawals.

"Personal responsibility for thee, not for me."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

WATER IS NOT MEAT! Real alpha males are actually willing to discuss their feelings, and don't actually have issue with working with women because they don't feel that they have to live up to some toxic masculinity mindset drink only animal stock!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm fine with last Sunday being the last Sinfest Sunday. He's gone full-on right wing, incel apologist, born again "Christian", swerf/terf, and I think the only things he's missing on the extremist bingo card was "outright neo-nazi" and "holocaust denier".

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Missing-ish? He's done a bunch of anti-semitic tropes and poo poo; an Einstein caricature devil using "fractional reserve banking" to "subjugate the masses"; complaining about "globalists", the Bilderberg Group, reptilians and the Rothschilds; the whole blood libel poo poo talking about using the blood of children to make eternal youth pills....

Also the whole pandering to 4chan's /pol/ with extremely old memes (loving Pedobear, really?) and also, just in the last week or two, pandering to Reddit's long-gone "frenworld" nazi hideout a what with the pink handmaid going "FREN FREN FREN" and then Ishida adding cut-and-pasted deformed pepe variants used in Frenworld to the ones he'd already drawn, in the middle of a Sunday strip that he was ostensibly trying to evoke pathos with.

If he isn't already down the nazi rabbit hole, he's definitely trying to look up what the Extremely Online nazis are into so he can go "How do you do, fellow young nazis?"

That's what I mean when I say he's not "outright" a neo-nazi yet. He's blowing the dogwhistles as hard as he can, but he hasn't out-and-out hidden (or blatantly shown) swastikas and having the "protagonists" sieg heiling like that one comic (was it Red Panels?). The mask may have all but fallen off, but it's still hanging on by a thread.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Wasn't 2022 the daughter of Patriotic Man and Traditional Woman? I seem to recall a hospital scene but they never seemed too distraught about any of it beyond that and made no appearance here

I think that was 2021, I think 2022 was found and raised by the church of SLUTSWHORESSLUTTYSLUTSLUTS. And maybe also whatever he thinks trans people are? I'm not even sure if that's the same church, or a seperate one also run by the Devil that God also happens to be cool with?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Neito posted:

4) If you're boiling water on the stove top for any reason you're being silly in a universe where electric kettles exist

But how will I make hardboiled eggs if I can't boil water on the stove?

Also, I've used electric stoves all my life and never had any issues, so all I can say is... "Electric stoves aren't the end of the world".

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I can only assume by the color of her helmet (why does he always portray Year as a woman... wait, no, I don't want to know) that she's being sent to Regina, Saskatchewan and will be a Roughriders fan, a fate truly worse than death.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

was it explained why the angels are handmaid puppets?

Because God tried to cheer up and/or mock zombie-handmaid with a puppet show when 2022 walked off with the Grim Reaper.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

God puts a football helmet on every baby boy to show His approval of maleness.

Unfortunately nobody knew what this meant for almost 5,000 years until North American football was invented.

Must have really sucked for Mary to have to push Jesus out with a full football helmet on.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

...what? Is he saying "Okay, sure, we wanted to hang people, but just a little hanging, as a treat"?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Considering how many political tools are "AGC" or ":confused:", you probably could just feed an AI your back catalogue of comics and call it a day living off what it shits out.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Also one of the best things about living on the fifth floor of a 5 story building was getting to leach heat from the four floors below me.

Either that, or live directly above the boiler room. 2nd floor of a 3 storey building, I was cracking open my windows in the winter time because my apartment got so toasty with the thermostat off.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

:kiss:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Did Hitch draw for Mad Magazine? This has been bugging me for awhile, but I swear to God they had an artist with that exact style back in the 90's.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

It's Rall, so I have to ask how much of the map fuckery is him being a lovely person and how much is him being a lovely artist.

While it's lovely art, the actual countries are sorta-kinda the right shape, except that Ukraine is missing some territory occupied by Russia at the moment, and Russia either has a weird "object on a sphere" distortion going on, or they've had a large chunk taken out of them by... I unno, China?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nenonen posted:

The pink area labelled "RUSS" is the Russian occupied part of Ukraine. The area east of that and Azov Sea is the Russian territory itself.

Oh geez, I didn't even realize that he had Russia and the Russia-occupied part of Ukraine as two separate countries. It doesn't help that he has the Azov Sea a lovely shade of brown instead of, y'know, blue. Then again, he also has the ocean as green with something written on it, so I should have realized.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

... what the gently caress is he even trying to say?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kikas posted:

I think it's "the propaganda narative of cop racism doesn't fit this particular case because the cops who killed the black teen were also black" if you want to use Branco-specific mindset.

The problem is, there still is racism in the case, as 4 black officers involved in the killing were fired, and the one white was let off with a warning.

Thats what was throwing me off on this comic, that the only people who bring up race in the matter are either A)right-wing shits trying to deflect from the fact that 5 cops killed a guy who only fought back once they started beating him, or B) People who point out that the white officer was given a slap on the wrist while the black officers were arrested for murder. If it were an elephant (and anyone other than Branco) I would say it was AGC about trying to make an issue of police brutality into an issue of race, but...

gently caress it, it's a Branco, my only regret is that it's too early in the morning to start drinking and that I have to work so I can't drink until after work to try to kill braincells that were wasted trying to figure this cartoon out.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

With no reference to the source material, I thought it was supposed to be a big 3D scanner and Stonetossed was just batshit crazy. Now that I've been told what its supposed to be... nothing had changed.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

This is literally just being made by an AI at this point, isn't it?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... I hate to say it, but that's actually a decent daily cartoon joke.

quote:

Shut the gently caress up and go away.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SporkChan posted:

I prefer 1984 having no changes at all.

"But Big Brother has eyelashes now! Clearly that means it's Big Sister!"

Hang on, let me just check if my eyelashes still exist.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Youremother posted:

Adams told fans that whenever Dilbert would have had sex, he'd draw Dilbert's tie flat. Ergo, Dilbert lost his virginity on August 9th, 1994:

I, too, was painfully into Dilbert in my childhood, because my father had purchased a number of the collections and I literally taught myself to read with Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes, and Foxtrot collections.

I think he also had a flat tie in one of the panels when Antina was introduced. I think it was pointed out in one of the old Dilbert collections.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So Tats has not only gone full-on mask-off, but has gotten a bullhorn and is loudly shouting into it as much as he can?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Idgi, why is that not functional? Is it because it's a biker helping out someone who had a flat tire? Is it because the car has a spare and a jack, rather than just a patch kit?

Yes I know it's supposed to be horribly anti-trans, but I choose to be horribly obtuse and make them explain why what they chose to show is supposedly bad.

Also, just pretend that I quoted the Sinfest comics with a "gently caress you." as my comment to each one, with 20-30 gently caress Yous under the one making fun of recognizing Indiginous lands.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

We're allowed to suggest new Kellies categories, right?

Kellies nomination: gently caress you, [Artist Name] -Bigotry

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 4, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

By all means, go for it- it's pretty nonspecific (and close to Worst Overall), but on the flipside, it's a pretty common refrain year over year. I think we've had special Ks for this each year I've run it.

It was more of a situation where it wasn't necessarily the worst (it may not even be in the top 5 that we've seen this year from Stiglich) but just that... "perfect" combination of dogwhistles and outdated references where your only initial reaction is to want to tell the author to gently caress off.

I also want to nominate Tatsuya for a lifetime achievement award in the category, otherwise I'd just be nominating every Sinfest Sunday.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The role of cable news is to take the boring truth and put it into a form that's entertaining to the audience while still remaining the truth. AGC.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

Warren, Newsom, and... Michelle Obama? WTF?... have made no movement toward a run.

"If they're not running, then why do I keep insisting they are?"

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Tom Stiglich

I'm not quite certain what the Goodwyn one is trying to say (that the indictment looks political? That politics are actually behind the indictment?) but gently caress it, I'm nominating both if these.

Kellies nomination: gently caress you, [Author name]-Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 4, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kellies nomination: gently caress you, [Artist name]-Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon

I'm just sick of these "People don't want Trump held accountable for their actions! Clearly this is just politics!" bullshit narrative.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 4, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Xander77 posted:

That's the issue you take with this cartoon? Not the complete lack of absolutely anything besides the talking point du jour, stated so nakedly that even drunky duck would blush?

Oh, no, I just meant in general, I'm tired of these lazy "Why persecute Trump for crime when crime exists?" cartoons. The picture itself (because let's be honest, other than being drawn, is stretching the definition of cartoon) is just... nothing. There is nothing to it. It's just a remarkably lazy cartoon, where any effort more than just sighing and telling the artist "gently caress you" is more than what he spent on the cartoon. Like, if you told me the text was lifted directly from the talking points, I would believe you 100%.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

:confused:

I honestly don't get the point of this. "The Dems are trying to stop Trump in 2024/Dems are trying to drag Trump down" but... yes? It's a two party system? Shouldn't the better analogy be a donkey and Trump lined up at the starting line, while an eagle wearing a referee shirt is trying to sneak a ball and chain onto Trump's leg, Trump is glancing back and shouting out "Hey!" and the donkey glancing at Trump while snickering?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

the_steve posted:

Suppose that if you want to stretch for some generosity, you could say "The Dems are more concerned with stopping Trump than with running themselves"

That's fair, I suppose. It's just so... I want to nominate it for a Kellies, I just have no idea what to even nominate it for. It's not even incomprehensible, it just makes no sense!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry- Transphobia

Kellies Nomination- Lifetime Award for Least Concealed Bigotry- Transphobia

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Doublepost from the app acting up.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 27, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kellies Nomination: Worst Opposite of Reality cartoon

"If the people daddy Trump hates didn't do these things, then why do I keep insisting they did?"

quote:

Not posting the last Tina Toon, because yeeech.

Okay, fine, I'll take the obvious bait.

Oh... oh God.....

quote:

THE WAR WHORES-TINA TOON
Cartoon published 03/22/2023

Look Who Wants Endless War
There are a lot of politicians in both parties who continue to loudly bang on their war drums. It’s almost as if they insist on WWIII with Russia—including nuclear war. This is insanity. The US should have no vested interest in Ukraine, but war mongers such as Mitch McConnell say Ukraine is ‘the number one priority.’ (Not the American people).

The warmongers or ‘war whores’ as we depict them in our cartoon do the bidding of their globalist masters, who want regime change in Russia. Putin is not playing by their slave dollar rules and therefore he must go.

STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW CARTOONS! SIGN UP FOR OUR GRRR-NEWS! IT’S EASY AND FREE!
Lindsey Graham is an egregious example of a war whore. A frequent guest on the Sean Hannity Show, Lindsey always talks tough when it comes to the war in Ukraine. Fine, Lindsey. Go over to your favorite country and fight on the front lines for your boss in ‘Keeeeev.’ Oh, but you won’t do that. You’d prefer to send young American lives over there to be obliterated while you commend them for their ‘patriotism.’

Sean Hannity, Graham’s press secretary, is a mega-millionaire who also talks tough, but won’t fight in Ukraine. He pretends to be an average Joe who shops at Walmart. Meanwhile, he lives in the lap of luxury. His fellow war whore, Mark Levin, whom Sean for some reason calls ’the great one’ is also a great banger of war drums and gets upset on his radio show because his war narrative is falling apart. Yes, ‘great one,’ Zelensky has outlawed opposition parties, the Russian Orthodox Church, and a free press as he snatches up young men off the street and feeds them into the breech of his bloody war cannon. Why are you supporting a war that does not benefit Americans whatsoever? What’s so great about you? Oh, I forgot. You’re also a mega-millionaire just like Sean. No need to be humble. Great for you!

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

The war whores are now invoking the holy name of Ronald Reagan for their deadly cause. They claim he would be all for ramping up the war in Ukraine. It’s the same nonsense they always drum up. We must show force to gain respect. We must show that we are not weak by escalating war. We must save face and fight to protect and advance democracy. That’s ludicrous because we no longer have democracy in America. (Besides, we’re supposed to be a Republic, not a Democracy).

The warmongers who inhabit the Deep State Uni-Party Swamp cannot be voted out. They’ve rigged the elections. How else could a universally despised old man with dementia and who failed to campaign end up winning with more votes than Obama received? Of course it was rigged and therefore when the warmongers say they are protecting democracy, we know they are lying. They are protecting their own power and globalist hegemony.

In 1983, a terrorist bombed and killed 241 U.S. Marines who where ostensibly there to ‘stabilize’ Lebanon. Reagan responded by withdrawing all remaining American troops from that area of the Middle East. Later that same year, the Russians shot down a South Korean airline that made a navigational error and flew through Soviet air space. All 269 people aboard will killed. Did Reagan start World War III to teach Russia a lesson? No. He showed restraint—something today’s warmongers see as weakness.

Stop sullying the name of Reagan, you war whores!

There are many more whores we could have included in this cartoon. You’ll know them when they proposition you to make war, not love. The main pimp, Zelensky, wants us all to join his war stable. He wants more death and more money. Americans need to reject Zelensky and reject the escalation of death in Ukraine. Zelensky will inevitably lose.

Time to go to the peace table. NOW!

— Grrr-Team

KELLIES NOMINATION: LEAST CONCEALED BIGOTRY (TRANSPHOBIA). TRUST ME.

Edit: gently caress you for making me post that, Discendo Vox

Randalor fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

I hate I have to ask this but was it transphobia, racism, antisemitism or a lovely combo platter

Firmly transphobia. I'll update my nomination to reflect that. I mean, this is a Garrison cartoon, so there's probably also racist and antisemitic elements in there as well, but it was drowned out by the pure transphobia. A solid month's worth of Sinfest transphobia compressed into one comic.