Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Kikas posted:

What the gently caress is that Three Kings one :psyduck:

Here's to another year of being completely baffled by images from across the ocean!

Musk fired anyone who knew what they were doing, it's the time of year when every hack is doing a "three wise men" toon, voila!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Really, he could have gone over to our own Bad Food Thread in PYF for delicious meat beverage recipes like the ever-popular and refreshing Beef Fizz.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Tibalt posted:

Yes

The reaction has been hilarious, especially considering that "Joker is pregnant!" is absolutely a golden age story.

Get out of here with that Woke Mind Virus modern poo poo, besmirching the purity of American comics history, GOD

A Golden Age story would have had both the Joker and Batman be pregnant and Robin in an apron heating up Bat-Bottles and poo poo like that

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
He was already a cat, though!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
What's with shithead cartoonists and weird-rear end "G"s?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Randalor posted:

Did Hitch draw for Mad Magazine? This has been bugging me for awhile, but I swear to God they had an artist with that exact style back in the 90's.

This wouldn't be the first guy to lazily ape Mort Drucker.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I don't get it, windmills are loving neat. I'd love to look out the window and watch them do their thing.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Finally realized what Hitch's panel composition reminds me of:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
There's a reason Sinfest Sunday was traditionally bracketed by the :kstare: smiley, after all.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
It's not his normal fecal smear, but that's lovely van art at best. The more you look at it the more hosed up it gets, and some of the geometry is near-Rallian.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
When I was reading Nixonland, it threw me for a loop to hear contemporary anti-war voices talk about Vietnamese casualties. My entire life, it's always been about the senseless loss of American lives, the damage to the American psyche, the effect it had on a generation of Americans... but never the people that actually, y'know... lived in Vietnam.

From what I've heard, the Ken Burns documentary is no exception to this framing.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Vib Rib posted:

The only harm vaccines actually have is people being scared of them?

The roll of Obama Bubble Tape Obama pill bottle cap would indicate this is an early anti-ACA toon, I think.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Vib Rib posted:

Branco and Garrison still draw Obama in their cartoons today, so I wasn't sure.

I've been fooled often enough to check for the date every time.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
And here I was thinking it was a reference to The Fly like a sucker.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Pants Donkey posted:

I just think people forgot what shoehorns are.

Including Branco, judging from how he drew it.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Anything from right-wing grifters like Dinesh D'Souza that get shadow bought by the boatload, so they end up on bestseller lists, then given away at CPAC or whatever. They keep turning up at my local library, and it's irritating.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
some uranium-detecting gizmo*

*latest fad

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Brawnfire posted:

Sorry but this post has me picturing Ramirez handing someone a giant Publisher's Clearinghouse check, completely black, with "DEBT" written on it

Publisher's Crosshatching

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Is it an open border those naive, insufficiently-racist hippie Democrats brag about, or is it a closed border that paper bag test-failing vermin slip through with their disease and drugs? Either they're activity letting people in, or they're trying to keep people out and failing... it can't be both! :argh:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I'm just counting the days until we find out this was One Weird Trick to get around copyright extension statutes, contract agreements, or other IP ownership shenanigans.

Don't ask me what, of course, I barely understand the US side of things, let alone the UK.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
And that's how we all ended up in this thread. :smithicide:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
How often does Rall pull "the real problem is X isn't as cool as I imagine they used to be" line?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
But not the cool outsider kind of gay! Just the boring "wanting legal protections" kind.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Oh, how I miss the days of the Big Tent GOP and their paragons of empathy and tolerance, such figures as

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Dubya kinda actually was the definitive Big Tent Republican in that he was the Chosen One that would appeal to both Big Business Assholes and Evangelical Assholes to bring balance to the GOP... or something.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

COVID was originally blamed on bats. The cartoon imagines that next it will be blamed on Ozzy Osbourne (who once bit off a bat's head) and Batman.

I guess.

There have been some recent developments that go back to suggesting the animal crossover theory, so expect to see some rapid vacillation between racism about lab leaks and racism about wet markets.

Although the new thing is about raccoon dogs and not bats, so I dunno. Maybe he was only paying half-attention.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Now that Garrison seems to have moved into "Perma-Tina Toon," somebody had to pick up the "my stand-in is violently assaulting someone, and you can see how much they deserve it by how upset they are for being violently assaulted" gauntlet.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Murdstone posted:

It's seriously incomprehensible. It's food for children in school. I don't even care if they're poor. Let them have free food.

It is so far out of bounds from my way of thinking I literally cannot comprehend how a person could hold this opinion.

The key here is that the "taxpayer" is a white guy (as always) and we can assume those hungry students are not.

EDIT - I don't know Branco Tax Honky isn't just activating the Rainbow Shield he deployed on Friday. Needs more time to recharge?

After The War fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 19, 2023

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Don't think I've seen that last one, a literal "swords over plowshares" parable, nice.

(Well, the plowshares are literal,anyway...)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
George Bailey isn't a banker, that's whole point of the loving scene! It's a Building & Loan, people in the community pay in to fund construction of housing that's sold at low down payments (including to immigrants, might I add) as an alternative to the local slumlord bleeding renters dry! People only go there to pull out their money after the bank has shut down, because it's literally the 1929 crash! :rant:

Microplastics posted:

What on earth is going on in the middle of that Rall cartoon :pwn:

You don't remember the part where Building & Loan employees (also Bailey family members) are trapped in the Phantom Zone by Mr. Potter?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Samuel Clemens posted:

You can't fool me, this is a Kelly cartoon.

Korner Kelly: "Re-tail me another one."

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Lame Crimes and Misdemeanors

Man, he had to go back to Benedict Arnold? I guess there really is no famous historical figure who was charged with a lesser crime that they knew would stick. Really a pity.

Now, to take a big swig of bootleg whiskey and crack open this biography of Al Capone....

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense

(Yes, I know there's a myriad of reasons these are the charges we're hearing the most about, but the comparison is way too obvious to ignore.)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Ah crap, are we in the Garth Ennis stage already?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
McNaughton taking a side in the debate of how friendly Lincoln was with Frederick Douglass by having Abe straight-up grabbing his rear end.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
The biggest joke is the idea that Trump would plan ahead for anything, let alone something going wrong for him.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
And right after the administration opens up significantly more Gulf drilling, in the headlines and everything.

Doesn't matter, he's a Dem. They could put a derrick in these fuckers' yards and they'd still say domestic oil production had been banned. People could be machine gunned at the border and they'd still call it wide open.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Youremother posted:

The growing open resentment of the military is one of the most interesting things about post-Trump republicans. The military was THE sacred cow of the right, and criticizing it on any level was grounds for expulsion, but now they're a bunch of sissified wussy cucks like everything else that isn't directly sucking off Trump.

Once I heard someone point out that "are troops" we're told to support has shifted from the military (external enemies, under some modicum of scrutiny as a federal institution) to the police (internal enemies, literally above the law) a lot of things slid into place. The police are fighting the real war, purging America of its undesirables and deviants, without any of that "diversity training" or "hiring quota" nonsense.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Goddamn, he was one of the last. "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" was one of my favorite books as a kid. :smithfrog:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
If you don't got Mojo Nixon
Then your Toad could use some fixin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
One of Leunig's greatest crimes is that his lazy horseshit is better-known that the vastly superior work of his sister Mary.

Phone posting, so I can't post the cartoon she did of shooting him the rear end and his guts coming out in the shape of dollar signs, but it's on there.

EDIT - Warning: Very frank depictions of childhood sexual abuse :nms: :nws:

After The War fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 15, 2023