Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's so weird that one of those headlines is "Woke Nonsense." Like this is THAT major an issue to chuds. It's so bizarre. Ramirez probably can't even define it, he'll just bring up examples of poo poo he's heard of that isn't even happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jerry Nadler is fat and he smells.
—Cutting Commentary from a Political Cartoonist

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

VitalSigns posted:

For real.

"Okay great let's ban child labor and sweatshops then"
*cue conservative screeching about job creators*
“Nonono! What we need to do is legalize good old American child labor and sweatshops!”

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Blind Duke posted:

Forward thinking on passing a quick budget before the republicans started controlling the House means the first instance of Debt scrawled on a big thing this year won’t be until around September/October
Oh, I wouldn't bet on that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nenonen posted:

It's just some gizmo™️. I'm more intrigued by that game, apparently it's a 2D side scroller shooting game where your character's upper body takes up 20% of the screen and you have a scoped rifle but can't see what you are aiming at. Those are the best games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f5Kg4lQB4A&t=79s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqjFnTIYf8

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Look say what you will but many people were inconvenienced by having their flights delayed that day, and as we know that is the worst thing that can ever happen to Americans.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Who’s Michell?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This was a pretty big problem in the early 60s. African dignitaries were being refused service and abused while visiting the US. I heard a great podcast about it but I don’t remember where, so here’s an article.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I’m pretty sure that was it, yes. Thanks!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Larryb posted:

Yeah, that's about what I figured
There’s a little more than that. If that was really it then this would be pretty much dead by now, but they’ve now found documents in multiple places and at different times, and after his lawyers said that was it we got them all.

It’s still pretty apples to oranges from what Trump did, but it’s a bad look. Probably won’t hurt him politically and I doubt he broke any laws, just not a great thing to have happen.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cowcaster posted:

the conservative gotcha of "oh ho, you want to investigate trump for hoarding classified documents? well then, you must want to investigate biden for hoarding classified documents!" only works if your single brain cell operates on the core tenet of "rules for thee but not for me" that theirs do. anyone with a functioning brain just goes "sure"
But what about my faves?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

some kinda jackal posted:

I feel like I’ve been reading this same cartoon going on six years now
It sure feels like it…

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think it’s telling that the first thing is “inconvenience.”

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

VKing posted:

What? What does he think... What?
Payne's single issue is people must continue to use gas to run cars no matter what. Nothing else is acceptable.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Guavanaut posted:

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit
Seconded.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Those poor French border guards.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I hear eggs are expensive.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

DRAW SOMETHING ELSE! EVEN JUST SOMEONE FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE! ANYTHING I DON'T CARE!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haha it's great we can laugh about our terroristic shooting massacres now, isn't it?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

“Hm, I sure have done a lot of these ‘gun violence is not because of guns’ cartoons the last few years. Oh well probably doesn’t mean anything. DEBT!”

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hitch desperately wants to be Kal.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yeah, you never hear a peep from conservatives anymore. Nope.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Fister Roboto posted:

These two side by side is just :discourse: What the gently caress are you thinking, Luckovich?
He’s thinking two things happened.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Moon Slayer posted:

China, represented here by a famous Japanese painting ...
All of Asia is China. There are no distinct cultures or histories there.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Radical leftist ideals like somewhat more regulation and moderately higher taxes for the rich.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think this could have been a good bit. A week of Mayor Pete as Pee-Wee/Alfred E Newman being all “everything’s fine!” I mean I wouldn’t have agreed with anything but it’s not a bad idea. Not hateful enough for him I guess.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tomorrow Ramirez will run the same cartoon but the clouds will be labeled Debt.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pants Donkey posted:

The virus leak thing is frustrating because A) claiming something without evidence doesn’t magically make you right if you get lucky B) making such baseless claims is also dangerous because of the impact it can have on things (eg the drugs Trump toted as miracle cure that did NOT have the supply ready for such distribution) and C) the conspiracy theory was that it was not a leak but an intentional plot by China, something that is now picking up steam again.
One agency (Energy I think) says they believe it came from a lab leak, all other agencies disagree. The one agency doesn’t even have high confidence in the conclusion they came to, and they also insist it was still not man made.

I wish the media was a bit more careful about their headlines. It’s possible it was a lab leak, but far from definite, and there remains a lot of disagreement on that subject.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Next target: Mike Lester.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

wizzardstaff posted:

Curiosity compelled me to check out the single post with a reply, where I discovered that they aren't automated. They're posted, with commentary, by a regular user. Who signs each post.
Someone's gotta comment. It'll make the guy's day.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nothing like a fresh movie reference.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It’s very frustrating that conservatives simply decide what their facts will be and go with them.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

InsertPotPun posted:

i have been reading political cartoons for decades and they still have not progressed beyond "if this isn't a thing than why do i keep insisting it is?" and "are you really going to arrest mister dahmer, it was only one meal?" level of disingenuous.
You know I don't think I've seen an ANY DAY NOW Iran-nukes cartoon in a while.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So the choices are competent but an rear end in a top hat, or incompetent but nice. No middle ground. It’s impossible to replace assholes because then all we have is incompetence.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Alhazred posted:

I mean, you tell me. This is taken from the norwegian book How To Make A Baby that I read to kindergartners:

The man pees into the woman and a baby comes out.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Literally every cartoonist would wind up nominated.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If your kid is saying they're a t-rex and you do not play along gently caress you.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

The debt ceiling is going to get hit in June last I heard. Is Bok predicting Biden will die before June?

I don't know why student loans will 'blow up' either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

pencilhands posted:

A.F. Branco is such a disgusting rear end in a top hat. What kind of person is angry that children are being fed? What newspapers run these comics?
It's seriously incomprehensible. It's food for children in school. I don't even care if they're poor. Let them have free food.

It is so far out of bounds from my way of thinking I literally cannot comprehend how a person could hold this opinion.