Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Kellies Nomination: Worst A Thing Happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature
That rhino looks like the stuffed animals at the natural history museum back before anyone had bothered to learn what they actually looked like.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

:psyduck:
Dafuq?
Did they actually make Joker pregnant? Or is this just more ham-handery?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Alhazred posted:

Partial birth abortion is almost always done because something is wrong with fetus. A ban on it is almost cartoonishly evil.

The cruelty is the point.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pancho Jueves posted:

I would love to hear Kelly attempt to elucidate how the Electoral College did not demonstrably and famously work against Hillary.

Did it though?
I mean, one of the many flaws in her campaign was that she was more focused on running up the score in states that she already had on lock, rather than campaign in other areas that could have been helpful to her. And it isn't like the EC was some surprise new rule that had just come out. It's been pretty well known for centuries how the EC works at this point.

Sure, yeah, the EC is still bullshit and needs to be abolished, but I don't think it actively worked against her.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nenonen posted:

Ultimately, Sinfest is repetitive and a waste of everyone's time. Maybe we should have a pause for 3 months or something and see if it has become less boring.

e: I do enjoy the parodies, though, thanks for making them!

May as well gas the thread now if being a repetitive waste of everyone's time is a deal breaker now.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only reason I still care about Sinfest is I'm just waiting for Monique to turn straight. I still am convinced it's going to happen soon.

It'll never happen. He needs his token lesbian mouthpiece character.
What he's gonna have her do is "save" her girlfriend from the Devil, but in a much more condensed way than when that nerdy dude turned his devil girlfriend not-evil through the power of generally being polite.

"You have to quit working for the devil!"
"Why tho?"
"Because he's the devil!"
"Oh yeah."
*3 days of the Blue Devilgirl being angry and bitter and lonely and feeling betrayed, and is absolutely in the wrong for this*

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Does he? He's already used "screaming/screeching feminist" memes in previous comics. I'm pretty sure he's rejecting feminism at this point.

That's exactly why he needs her. The screeching DASGDC feminists are clearly the wrong ones, because they see trans people as people and are therefore part of the Groominati.

Monique is his Calm Hitler.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dial911 posted:

What's Ishida on about with that one? Are we supposed to know who those "clients" are? Or is this just more of his incomprehensable bullshit? :psyduck:

I think it's just generic "Politicians, Generals, Other wealthy and influential people"

Epic High Five posted:

Wasn't 2022 the daughter of Patriotic Man and Traditional Woman? I seem to recall a hospital scene but they never seemed too distraught about any of it beyond that and made no appearance here

That was 2021, who was basically a Superman origin story ripoff. The stork got shot down by devil drones and she was found in the woods and raised by the virtuous magas.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

prediction: no one will even include "but by the content of their character" because they know, consciously or otherwise, that that is the metric on which they're being judged

except for Tony Branco, who is dense enough to include it uncritically, but probably also too dense to be aware that it is part of the same sentence

Nah, the "content of their character" part is the entire cornerstone of the thing for them.

"See!? I hate them because they're disrespectful thugs with no character and saggy pants, not because they're black!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

rodbeard posted:

Stole this from another thread no clue who the artist is:

Kellies Nomination: Overall Best, Best Labels

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Pun

Hahahahaha, are they seriously trying to say that windmills kill whales? Is that the angle they're shooting for now?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

Is it supposed to be good? The frogs are just sitting around in a haze telling each other they've already won instead of going out and overthrowing the government or whatever

Genuinely asking I cannot tell whether the drug den is supposed to be good or not

It will be both good and bad (but not as bad as treating trans people like actual human beings or any woman as having any actual agency in her life, which is the absolute worst) depending on whatever point he feels like ramming through.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Microplastics posted:

Does Tatsuya ever actually write anything, like a little blurb to go with the cartoons, or a blog somewhere or even just posts on a forum? Where he actually has clear thoughts on what he thinks?

No.

Because what he wants is for it to be open season on trans people and whoever else is on his woke enemy list, but he still has enough sense to know that calling for open violence like that is a Bad Look, so he couches it in as many dogwhistles and obfuscating bullshit as he can so that he can do the whole "I never said that. Only the Feds say that stuff out loud." bit.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

fool of sound posted:

I don't think Barry was ever banned. Jagger McDagger just discovered him somehow and started posting his cartoons without commentary.

As far as I can recall, the only one that's officially threadbanned is DbD.
Maybe Stonetoss, but I think that's just more a case of nobody wanting to look at it long enough to post it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

They actually did try to get an AI to make Prickly City comics, but it just kept generating tv static.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Randalor posted:

... what the gently caress is he even trying to say?

The Mainstream Media is trying to shoehorn the Racism narrative into this murder even though the cops were black and therefore racism can't be involved.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dial911 posted:

I don't even think the Sinfest guy has a narrative in mind, it's all just a bunch of random half finished batshit crazy ideas and conservative bubble group think that nobody outside that world would understand.

He's just fishing for validation/money, he doesn't need a coherent narrative, he just needs to keep putting out the same bigoted talking points and hope that enough likeminded pieces of poo poo see it and say "Yeah! Trans people ARE forcing children to prostitute themselves to vaccine needles! I'm going to give this guy a dollar!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oops, he remembered to tell a joke

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Randalor posted:

... I hate to say it, but that's actually a decent daily cartoon joke.

Yeah, I've been saying for years how I wish TinFish would just stick to actual comics with jokes, because look at that.
It's a perfectly serviceable joke. It's not going to have anybody laughing until it hurts, but it's worth a perfectly good "Heh."

If he'd just stick to that instead of complaining about drunk driving laws and not being allowed to say the N word, the world would be a better place, even if only barely slightly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Islamic Shock posted:

Here's a way to deal with this stupid poo poo.

A person who doesn't believe in God can still do God's work, whether intentionally or not.

Most conservatives will agree with this statement. Story of Saul and all that. Now swap out God for white supremacy. Probably won't accomplish anything other than pissing them off in a way they're not really prepared to respond to but eh.

It wouldn't even piss them off. They'd just dismiss it entirely out of hand because that's different, and no they aren't going to explain how it's different, it just obviously is.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/WardSutton/status/1622743834714316803?t=3qBfELG12SlxFz3ofUQ0Sw&s=19

New comic from Ward Sutton

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Stultus Maximus posted:

That doesn't fit with the image they want to project about dusky hordes swarming the border in a literal invasion.

This.
All non-white foreigners are scary and monstrous inhumans and they're all conspiring against us, which is why it's completely logical in Branco's mind to believe that the Chinese, the Mexicans and the Arabs would all invade from one spot.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I AM GRANDO posted:

And what was the purpose of the perfidious democrats having people wear masks forever for no reason?

It was training.
See, first they condition us to wear the masks, and that makes us docile and obedient and then we will obey any future commands since we've already been trained to do what we're told.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label for that "We're on the Titanic?" speech bubble.

Nenonen posted:

The wire coat hanger is famously a symbol for legal, safe abortions :rolleye:

To be fair, that kind of is the point. They're not allowed to admit that there's any single thing good about abortions. The conservative playbook says they're all dangerous baby murder procedures that can and will also hurt the mother and are all more barbaric than dentistry.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

This... doesn't make any sense in his universe. In Sinfestland, sex work only exists to hurt people. If real sex workers get replaced by AI, no one is harmed. The ruling class (or Devilcorp or whatever the latest metaphor rattling in the artist's brain is) would never implement or even entertain this idea because it relieves harm, which is the only reason sex work happens here.

He's really going full circle on this poo poo.

In Sinfest land, the sex workers originally were all mass-produced robots designed by DevilCorp specifically for sex work.
And then at some point he had them start gaining sentience and realizing that no, they didn't enjoy sex work as it was always 100% abusive towards them. There was a whole sex robot revolt thing.

And so now he's back to robots doing the sex work so that poor, innocent, real women will no longer be forced to do so, because as has been mentioned before, women are utterly incapable of making the choice to do sex work willingly. It's always coercion or delusion that they only THINK they want to get into it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nick Buntline posted:

rainbow haired person is told they can be anything. they see that literally every aspect of the world's culture is produced and run by demons, because this is Sinfest. they decide "well, I guess I better become an satan then." this is a problem, because obviously satans are bad, therefore we should ban trans people and I guess also furries.

it's basically just that old chick tract about atheism exists -> "What's to stop me from becoming a god?", but for Tat's version of the brainrot.

I figure it'll be more along the lines of "The person gets their rear end kicked by Real Devils for trying to pretend to be one when they just biologically aren't and never will be."
So, another attack on trans people.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I think we need a Kelly Klassic to help get the taste of bile out of our systems

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1624893652182138881?s=20&t=IC6cpqcLRT7MuYaLECzDzA

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Post poste posted:

The other half of the implication is that the "Evil trans cult" doesn't care about men or trans men, and is just ignoring them entirely.

That's because in TERFland, when a man wants to be a woman, it's for evil perverted reasons directed towards your 12 year old daughter.
When a woman wants to be a man, it's because they're just confused or were somehow manipulated, because the TERFs still consider them women and therefore incapable of thinking rationally and in need of rescue by a man.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1625598752789766144?t=AGJwnErWlHD40PTnTLqqTA&s=19

Time for another Kelly Klassic

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mordaedil posted:

Funnily enough, most classified documents are files they are working on from home office or actual printer instructions, cause that stuff is labeled as NDA for some reason.

My guess would be good old fashioned laziness.

It's easier to just tag everything as Secret than to actually scroll through every page and only put it on the pages that have Actual Information on them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/happyroadkill/status/1626652568016326671?t=C99JLm5GK0Tsl7aKkHUwfA&s=19

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vib Rib posted:

I find it funny that he loves this punchline so much he's done it like three times. I find it even more funny because Tatsuya Ishida is a shut-in who posts fascist comics, he has never in his life seen or interacted with a fed, he has never been part of any group feds would infiltrate, and he has never had any interaction with any active movement or protest. It's all just memes to him but he loves to talk about it like he knows.

I don't have the official data from the study, so this is just speculation on my part, but I think he isn't even doing it for the sake of the punchline.

He just wants to keep insisting that No True Conservative would actually be doing anything illegal, and if it does happen, it's a false flag ginned up by the feds.
That's all, he just wants to keep insisting that no conservative has ever done anything illegal without being goaded by the feds.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 20, 2023

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1627729976903585792?t=4br2WfL3w9txYshb_088pg&s=19

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm no car doctor, but, won't the front end of the Natural Gas car pretty much immediately run itself into the pavement like a 400 horsepower cheesegrater once it starts going?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Kellies Nomination: Worst False Equivalence

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1628046403397210114?t=m68734MNReggnnZ2b8Pveg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

This may very well be peak PC. The distilled essence of what it is to be so completely loving uninspired.