Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

shwinnebego posted:

The initial premise is wrong (im town) but the rest of the ensuing logic is solid if built on a solid premise. Flip me destroy this house of cards if you actually find MSRR compelling

I still think msrr is town cuz he wouldnt have pushed me so hard so late as scum i dont think

##unvote

##vote monathin

Lets kill monathin

I had a similar thought about MSRR's case
I disagree with some of the reads but I think they laid out their case pretty reasonably and it's given me something to think about
I already thought MSRR was town, but this just reinforces it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I will vote whoever windward is voting

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

WindwardAway posted:

Pmom is still scummy and yesterday I thought their post on chaoslord looked partnered but then talked myself out of scum!chaos and lo and behold, a scum flip! I still really want to vote them.

lol

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
votes on windward:

first up is shwinn's:

shwinnebego posted:

##unvote
##vote windward

that's a real vote

i think meen is prolly town from how he's played in the past

if anything hal's scum for voting meen as a non-joke

this coincides with shwinn saying he's "not in jokephase anymore personally" which MSRR pointed out is potentially a symptom of scum shwinn being focused and participatory. after the way things shook down between him and slord at the end of D1, idk if i buy that, personally. but i will be looking to see if he ever explains this vote. (update from when i was further down in the reply box: he really doesn't lol)

the next vote is me, from my initial reads post early D1. i sus binus and Hal along with wind, then vote wind. i am town so there's not much to analyze here.

(note Mona +1ing my reasoning for voting wind like, two posts after i do, what's up with that mona. ALSO note mona jumping in to soft push shwinn after birdstrike's vote, later down the same page, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT MONA)

Anyway, a real wagon on Wind doesn't develop until after Wind posts this:

WindwardAway posted:

Also do you really think I'd be scum again with Hal for the third game in a row? Lmao

and pmom votes her over it. toal quickly votes wind after that for being self-conscious

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

##vote windward

Too self conscious to exist in this world further.

and Anarc throws a vote on the pile as well. Given AN's miller claim I'm not really willing to vote them today and they're usually a scum elemental anyway so I don't think their vote here is AI. Toal, however, has no excuse - I think her jumping on the wagon is genuinely scummy. I may have said that Toal had town vibes yesterday and I retract this.

and then the last vote on Wind is Referee. Nothing much to say about that one, actually - he's clearly in catchup mode when he posts that and I don't think it's AI.

What lessons can we learn from this? Toal could be scum, I think PMom is likely town, Mona looks even scummier. That's about it folks, tune in in a couple hours for my expert shwinn wagon deep dive

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

birdstrike posted:

is that the consensus in the scum google sheets doc?

we're using parler

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the only thing i dont like about msrr's hat picture is that he clearly has avatars turned off when browsing the forums.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

hambeet posted:

the only thing i dont like about msrr's hat picture is that he clearly has avatars turned off when browsing the forums.

Proudly.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

would vote over this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
truthfully I find it easier to read and keep track of threads without avatars on; idk either, i'm weird

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you really should get off dialup imo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

My Second Re-Reg posted:

truthfully I find it easier to read and keep track of threads without avatars on; idk either, i'm weird

eh each to their own i guess.

i prefer avatars, its how i remember people, and interpret the tone of their posts by the appearance of their avatar

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

hambeet posted:

legit and no lie a large part of why i'm like this lmao

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I'm going through Toal's posting and I really don't like her EoD progression, especially how she votes no one (as a joke but maybe not) then hops on the slord train after slord had already self-hammered. I think it's scummy behavior, but it also begs the question of why someone on the same scumteam as slord would put a vote down after slord's hammer. Maybe Toal is anti-town but not on a team with slord? idk that gets into 3P (or worse third faction) spec and I really don't want to do that this early. So I'd be down for a Toal vote but only if I don't find anything else.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

saladscooper posted:

I'm going through Toal's posting and I really don't like her EoD progression, especially how she votes no one (as a joke but maybe not) then hops on the slord train after slord had already self-hammered. I think it's scummy behavior, but it also begs the question of why someone on the same scumteam as slord would put a vote down after slord's hammer. Maybe Toal is anti-town but not on a team with slord? idk that gets into 3P (or worse, third faction) spec and I really don't want to do that this early. So I'd be down for a Toal vote but only if I don't find anything else.

added a comma

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

saladscooper posted:

added a comma

Thank you, original post was basically unreadable prior to this fix

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Right then, time for some actual analysis. Barring the idea of an insane D1 bus, most of the people pushing chaoslord early on are probably town. We had several people who were in the running for the D1 lunch. After some brief murmur about Meen and AN, things more or less settled around Windward or Shwinne for a long time, but neither of these got past five or six votes and neither seemed all that scared of the lunch. My thinking now is that these two were both town, and scum were waiting to see which would gain the most traction. Notably, confirmed scum chaoslord did not join either of these votes.

After chaoslord started to be put forwards as the alternative, there was a push towards Hal and MSRR from various people who would later join the pile-up on chaoslord at the end. While MSRR hasn't been perfect this game I think this is a diversion away from chaoslord, and I never really saw much of a case for Hal to begin with. It is this group of people who were reticent about voting chaoslord, but eager to go with one of these two, that I think is most worth looking at. Now, I can't deny that I was sort of in this group as well (though my preferred candidate was Toalpaz, who I'm still not entirely sure about but doesn't feel like a priority at the moment), but I obviously know I'm town.

The players I'm most concerned with here are Nep, Spork, Referee, RWC and Monathin. Let's look at them in detail.

Nep: Got pings from Spork. Was fine with chaoslord, calling his windward logic "believeable" despite not buying the actual case. Seemed to be throwing some shade at Pmom for the chaoslord vote, but joined it in the end to avoid NL. There did seem to be at least a token effort to scumhunt from Nep, and a fair few reads but mostly vague and surface-level. My opinion on Nep is a little murky, there seems to be a few inconsistencies here and there but nothing that particularly stands out. Not the towniest in my book though.

Sporkchan: Voted MSRR and seemed to support that case to some extent (though now seems to be acting like they are not convinced for some reason?) and seemed to also be willing to go with Hal. One of the people I most closely associate with chaoslord and repeatedly seemed to discredit that case. Their chaoslord vote reads to me like another NL-prevention measure, so NAI. Also seemed eager to discredit anyone on the shwinne wagon, possibly in anticipation of a town flip? My top scum pick at the moment, I think.

Referee: Doesn't have that much content but what I do seem feels like good-faith scumhunting. They seemed maybe a little too concerned with other people's cases instead of making their own, but I haven't played with them enough to know if that's just a playstyle thing.

RWC: Made a jokevote on MSRR but stuck to it pretty much until the end, provided basically no content before moving to chaoslord at the same time as Monathin. Not a good look but also not conclusive

Monathin: Turned to Hal in the endgame, then back to shwinnebego instead of chaoslord. Potentially very telling, but I'm not sure scum would do that unless they actually thought they could save chaoslord? Otherwise it's just making yourself look terrible for no good reason. Sure looks bad, but it's not unambiguously scummy bad. Someone to watch, though?

Out of these five, Spork looks the worst to me. RWC, Nep and Monathin also all have situationally bad-looking posts in retrospect, and I don't see much in Referee. I doubt there's more than two scum on the vote, and there's probably at least one. So for now I'm going to ##vote SporkChan but the others are on my radar too.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Thank you, original post was basically unreadable prior to this fix

lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay sure whatever
##vote mona

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DAY 2 TURBO

##vote mona

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

shwinnebego posted:

##unvote

##vote monathin

Lets kill monathin

is there a specific reason today or just agreeing with snooze?

hambeet posted:

[28.8k & nbn hosed]

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
[quote="hambeet" post="529347124"]
DAY 2 TURBO

##vote mona
[/quote

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I have not critically read a single post Monathin has made in this entire game. Guess I'll go do that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

hambeet posted:

windward is scummy for posting reads in no real order. smh

I think I'd be voting windward if I weren't voting Mona

##vote Mona

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rhymes With Clue posted:

MSRR is my top choice of viable candidates, except apparently not a viable candidate!

Gonna go with the flow I guess although I dunno why I should have to suffer when there are three players not voting.

i still wanna kill this person

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I knew chaoslord was scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

So I guess we're just gonna nl after this long rear end day?

anarc jumps into the thread an hour from deadline, posts this, and peaces. i don't like how they doled out their claim yesterday and i don't like this post.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TM also had a v self-conscious "oh i guess i'm being made to vote this way" instead of just dropping a vote

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pinterest Mom posted:

TM also had a v self-conscious "oh i guess i'm being made to vote this way" instead of just dropping a vote

thats true!! oh well

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Pinterest Mom posted:

i still wanna kill this person

ime rhymes usually looks scummy and self-conscious so i don't think that's a tell for her

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
actually, i think the following posters in this game usually look scummy and self-conscious:

tired moritz
taste
shwinnebego
moatillata
ignatius m. meen
idle amalgam
circlmastr
birdstrike
monathin
snooze cruise
sporkchan
windwardaway
toalpaz
b-minus1
anonymousnarcotics
hal insandenza
referee
sandwolf
saladscooper
rhymes with clue
pinterest mom
neverhelm
my second re-reg
nep-nep
hambeet

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

votes on windward:

first up is shwinn's:

this coincides with shwinn saying he's "not in jokephase anymore personally" which MSRR pointed out is potentially a symptom of scum shwinn being focused and participatory. after the way things shook down between him and slord at the end of D1, idk if i buy that, personally. but i will be looking to see if he ever explains this vote. (update from when i was further down in the reply box: he really doesn't lol)

the next vote is me, from my initial reads post early D1. i sus binus and Hal along with wind, then vote wind. i am town so there's not much to analyze here.

(note Mona +1ing my reasoning for voting wind like, two posts after i do, what's up with that mona. ALSO note mona jumping in to soft push shwinn after birdstrike's vote, later down the same page, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT MONA)

Anyway, a real wagon on Wind doesn't develop until after Wind posts this:

and pmom votes her over it. toal quickly votes wind after that for being self-conscious

and Anarc throws a vote on the pile as well. Given AN's miller claim I'm not really willing to vote them today and they're usually a scum elemental anyway so I don't think their vote here is AI. Toal, however, has no excuse - I think her jumping on the wagon is genuinely scummy. I may have said that Toal had town vibes yesterday and I retract this.

and then the last vote on Wind is Referee. Nothing much to say about that one, actually - he's clearly in catchup mode when he posts that and I don't think it's AI.

What lessons can we learn from this? Toal could be scum, I think PMom is likely town, Mona looks even scummier. That's about it folks, tune in in a couple hours for my expert shwinn wagon deep dive

Yeah but compare all of that to how Toal and Referee act around deadline when chaoslord is going over, cause I think Toal was towny and Ref was scummy based on that.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

actually, i think the following posters in this game usually look scummy and self-conscious:

tired moritz
taste
shwinnebego
moatillata
ignatius m. meen
idle amalgam
circlmastr
birdstrike
monathin
snooze cruise
sporkchan
windwardaway
toalpaz
b-minus1
anonymousnarcotics
hal insandenza
referee
sandwolf
saladscooper
rhymes with clue
pinterest mom
neverhelm
my second re-reg
nep-nep
hambeet

Lmao

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Yeah but compare all of that to how Toal and Referee act around deadline when chaoslord is going over, cause I think Toal was towny and Ref was scummy based on that.

Oh and for clarification I'm more fixated on Ref's catchup and vote on clord around deadline, and then Toal's reaction to it, because I think Toal is right and Ref is probably scum.

I said this earlier in my readlist but I don't think anyone read it because it had too many words in it

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

Oh and for clarification I'm more fixated on Ref's catchup and vote on clord around deadline, and then Toal's reaction to it, because I think Toal is right and Ref is probably scum.

I said this earlier in my readlist but I don't think anyone read it because it had too many words in it

yeah i caught that brief interaction but i feel like toal could've also been lurking scum trying to latch onto an easy push for the next day. it's not enough to make her town imo

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i don't think she's necessarily -wrong- about ref, even

but i'm still wary

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

yeah i caught that brief interaction but i feel like toal could've also been lurking scum trying to latch onto an easy push for the next day. it's not enough to make her town imo

imo her vote on clord after hammer was also completely unnecessary as scum cause I kind of assumed the scumteam agreed that clord might as well hammer himself or whatever

So I thought that also spoke in Toal's favor

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So are we turboing or what? come on, do it faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza