Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The stuff you come up with is wild, I have to sign up. Have PMs, timezone is Central US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I believe in you, you can do it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I want a dayvig, Ecco!

"I want a dayvig, Ecco!"

Gotta cover the technicalities even if this ends in a reversal of fortune (which would make me laugh my rear end off).

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

"I want a dayvig, Ecco!" to receive.

Limit one dayvig per person.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

I messaged you Ecco but I've got too much poo poo going on atm that I don't think I should play this now, will you chop me? I'm sorry to leave you with only 26 players, lol :)

noooooooooooo I had a lovely idea for a turbo that only works with 27 players! (pick a letter from the alphabet, last person left without a letter gets voted out or possibly shot) I've never started a turbo before either, wanted to see what would happen! :sigh:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It's cool, if you've gotten stuff more done than it was before the weekend, that's progress and I'm excited.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

birdstrike posted:

choose character:

I'll take the x-ray hand picture.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

wologar posted:

Five full pages and the game hasn't started yet. Nice, nice.

b-minus1 posted:

Is this going to start soon

EccoRaven posted:

Yes, today.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

lol, just lol if you buy that

I can believe whatever I want :colbert:

At least until it's about 6:00 am tomorrow, then it'll be 1/20 even at the west side of the International Date Line. But hey, maybe "today" means "this week" to Ecco...

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

birdstrike posted:

it has to be a mini-mini-mafia inside my mini-mafia

great, now I'm wondering what a Matroyshka doll Mafia game looks like

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

NeverHelm posted:

You have multiple lives, and if you die you change role and/or alignment as you shed your outermost layer. Some roles can see through layers and find out what you are underneath. In the end, you win if your current layer is on the winning team, if you are among the truly dead you use your innermost one.

It will take approximately 3 months to finish and nobody's alliances make any sense because people keep changing teams, leading to massive chaos and salt and nobody ever playing any in of your mafia games ever again.

I would play this even though it would destroy my mind to play even a little bit seriously. It'd be such a beautiful trainwreck.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Alphabet turbo! Unfortunately we don't have a superfluous letter anymore so these have to be rationed and distributed in order, last person to get a letter is automatically Z and out!

A

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Feels weird not having a discord.

Notepad++ worked for me last game and it'll work for me this time too, if anything pops out worth writing down. so far not much though, and inspiration's as dry as the Mojave desert for jokes

birdstrike posted:

counterpoint: there are no good lawyers!!

hey, no slamming Voodoofly

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hal Insandenza posted:

Merk is fair game though

100%

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

A basic miller isn't really that different from VT. How the gently caress has AN not ever played miller before though? ##vote AN because this feels like a good starting point for D1

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Why does everyone hate millers

I'd be fine with the claim if there weren't anything attached to it. Saying "I don't get how to play this" for someone who's almost certainly at least seen a miller in action before is ???

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh but I see "vote for the person who is getting us out of jokephase because playing mafia is suspicious" is something that never goes out of fashion

seriously. I accept people don't agree with me but c'mon

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hal Insandenza posted:

Look I’m sorry I saw through your attempt to grab hold of the narrative and lead the sheeple around with your nanometer wide “case”, but my vote is now parked on you for the rest of this day. You should look deep inside yourself and reconcile this fact

I can't lead for poo poo, and have never pretended to be able to do that. I stated my opinion on something sticking out and voted with it since it felt pretty clear this time unlike a lot of other times I've had pings. Show me a good case that isn't just OMGUS if you got any, the day is young.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

I'll engage with this- if this were scum faking miller, why also fake cluelessness?

TBH I don't know. I can't make sense of fake or real claimed cluelessness in this situation, though, and nothing else has stood out so far. It's a bit like Maer hiding behind Plastic in Gnosia 2 to me; not remotely the same level of egregious, sure, but it puts me in a wtf frame of mind anyway.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

##unvote This is reminding me of Song Mafia 2's D1.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm gonna find something else to do since my word about what I'm thinking isn't seeming to be worth much.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

So hey yeah, I haven't read up on today but I'm in full agreement with my bud Monathin that this is some baloney and I'd like qualified immunity as well. I'm only here because of saladscooper in flavor and he's only doing this because of Moritz, so ipso facto Moritz is the head crook you all want. ##vote Tired Moritz

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Also TM said he was masoned to Hal, so if the game's not over I'm more than happy to kill him for ya'll as team brute.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Also TM said he was masoned to Hal, so if the game's not over after TM goes down I'm more than happy to kill him for y'all as team brute.

Fixing because goddammit typed too fast

salad has a one-way message receipt ability, TM told him today

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Sticj a fork in it were done

hey wouldja like to stop there or kill our boss? unless TM is married to your boss of course, but hey

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

what in the thundering gently caress is going on

why is the scum team outing themselves

salad and monathin, was chaoslord on your scum team?

#1: we're throwing up our hands in the suspicion that there's a second team, and/or that this is Pelicana Drama again and the game is won when the people who are more tangential to the whole mess are the real threats to town. TM and Hal are the most likely options. sure we could draw this out and get culled over a few weeks but meh

#2: see #1

#3: yeah

shwinnebego posted:

eliminate monathin

see what his card says

assess whether or not there's any reason not to eliminate all these other self-outed scum

I mean sure we could drag this out over 48-72 hours or we could see if this is Pelicana Drama and everything evaporates when the ringleaders are cut. (for reference PD ended when the ringleader of one faction and an arsonist were killed)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

WindwardAway posted:

So is that why there was talk of a second scum team earlier? I guess that explains why multiball was even a discussion yesterday.

Pmom isn't on our team at any rate. :shrug: Having engaged in that spec myself as town I felt like it was NAI.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

appreciate you trying to explain this to me but i'm afraid i don't really get it

please let's flip monathin so we can see his rolecard for ourselves

Imagine you're playing some sort of survival game and realize you're boned on an expedition. You're way too far away from your base to return before your supplies run out and there is no way to restock before you die. Do you spend 5 minutes trying to go back to your base anyway, or do you hit the button that lets you return to base immediately?

For that matter, imagine hitting this button causes you to explode in ludicrous gibs, whereas there's a drawn-out cutscene of you slowly dying while walking in your future if you don't. Isn't hitting the button more entertaining? Isn't entertainment why you play games?

Like honestly this is not what I'd ever do normally, but taking this road is vastly funnier than the alternative, and it'd be cool to have guessed right.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Isn't it kinda dumb to have a win con that's about killing one specific person? It's not like that's hard to do.

Pmom and a few other people were in the game I mentioned, Pelicana Drama. Here and here are relevant posts for how the setup ended ludicrously fast.

shwinnebego posted:

Well my win condition is to stop the violence at the wedding: i win when all scum players are eliminated

Ergo, I must eliminate all of ya'll claimed scum.

Take a look at the above thread and tell me that wouldn't save y'all a lot of time to get rid of our ringleader if we all abscond afterwards.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

monathin isn't lying about being an inventor nor about having items that are all traps to varying degrees. one of the drat things will turn you into an SK for instance. we would have given that to Nep if not for beet's lightning rod

Sandwolf posted:

Mona what if we killed salad or Meen instead of you?

I'm a jugg so you'd probably be doing the other scumteam a favor but it's not like I'm going to resist death at this point. If there were a not-lovely way for us to flip ourselves we'd probably agree on that, but the only option for that is modkill and posting our PMs would be pretty rude.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

which one is the SK one so i know not to grab it when i get first dibs

I don't think any of them will hurt you if you just grab them. Using them is when the problems start as I recall. And I'm not spoiling mona's fun on that count!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

WindwardAway posted:

Wtf
And are you sure that hambeet blocked the item transfer or is he now a serial killer

beet's action resulted in poo poo happening that prevented me from being able to do the kill. Dunno if the last dude wants to reveal or not.

WindwardAway posted:

Actually, I have a stupid question
If you're openly claiming scum and you need Moritz out, what's stopping you from just killing him yourselves?

well for starters it's not night time and we only decided that poo poo was coming together too well for one team when the day started with Mona on the block. obviously if we'd thought this up N1 we'd have shot TM

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

other contributing factor is we didn't have info on what TM was at all, not even salad. Part of this decision was based on learning TM was masoned to Hal (at least for me).

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

And you couldn't just play normally today and shot me tonight????

Sure, slow-walk to the scum inventor or somebody else going down instead of throwing the table up and blowing it away with a shotgun, that sounds like a hoot and a half.

how about nah

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

WindwardAway posted:

And why didn't you shoot Moritz, in then? You're saying you didn't think of it, but then it implies you didn't know you had to kill him.

why didn't we shoot TM N1? We thought this was going to be slightly more straightforward, maybe with a 3P or two, and that the D1 hit on Clord was just bad luck. Suddenly D2 opens and it no longer looks like just luck but another team! And the guy who shows as ??? in most of our PMs is masoned to Hal! These things changed the calculus just a smidge

WindwardAway posted:

The fact that you guys just decided to out yourselves and now we're in a quagmire of chaos is interesting because I'm still trying to figure out how and why it benefits you

Other than trying to save Monathin, how does it benefit your team as a whole?

You're looking for a motive that isn't there. This is funnier and more gratifying than trying to do some "down with the ship" BS. That's literally the entire reason we're doing it. If that's not good enough for you I hope you enjoy the forced 24 hour wait times between killing all of us veeeeeery slowwwwwwly

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Thank you for the game Ecco!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hambeet posted:

anyway back to ecco. tops game. had a lot of fun !

i think my last ecco game, pelicana drama, ended in a similar fashion?

sort of! Hal had to shoot two people though to get rid of the threats to town after OA got lunched, vs. here where only scum ever got taken out before we received the graceful exit option. Least bodies required to end a game ever possibly (just Clord and Mona's)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

WindwardAway posted:

Meen's kill was a strongman, right? Why didn't it go through Ref's jail on hambeet?

It was magic. My juggernaut kill can't beat "powerful magic". Not being able to pull the Bif trick of busting through a scum jail felt reasonable.... but I see a lot of magic roles around so I think I'd have run into Plastic's problem in another Ecco game anyway. (long story short - Plastic was a juggernaut as well, but instead of killing people through leather armor vests, he'd just break the vests)

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

my superdoctor was powerful magic, i assume the jugg would have gone through the doctor, JOAT, or the town inventor protect, but not mine.

The JOAT and inventor with normal items maybe, but the proper doctor also used magic for their protection. The inventor with magic birds would've probably sufficed too. Basing this off Referee's jail not being explicitly called "powerful magic" either but still being enough to stop my shot.